Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
It’s no secret that cosmetic surgery procedures can be pricey. Depending on your aesthetic goals and the approach you take, physical and psychological rewards can be immense as well, which is why people flock to enhance their faces. The best plastic surgeon for Toronto patients is always someone who combines a high level of expertise with the ability to listen to patients and communicate comfortably.
Disappointment after an expensive, transformative procedure will usually relate to expectations. If a patient believes they are getting one thing, and their result is another, regret can be understandable. Most plastic surgeons do their utmost to avoid unrealistic expectations or incomplete preparedness before surgery. It benefits both the surgeon and the patient to ensure that they are on the same page, with clarity and fully informed understanding about the recovery and outcomes. You have significant power in this situation. You can choose the professional who fits best with your needs and goals.
Looking for the best plastic surgeon in Toronto?
What are your specific goals?
Facial plastic surgery involves facelifts, eyelid surgery, neck lifts, nose jobs, and more. It’s common to admire celebrities who appear magically refreshed overnight and wonder if their “procedure” would also do the same for you. The customization and combination of methods that benefit each face is highly unique.
It starts with your consultation
The best plastic surgeon for one person may not be ideal for another. Analyzing someone else’s result isn’t the right way to determine what you need. Instead, visiting a facial plastic surgeon in person for a detailed consultation is the place to start. At that crucial first meeting, the questions your surgeon asks you will be as essential as the questions you ask. Toronto’s best plastic surgeons have a knack for figuring out what interventions you’ll benefit from the most. They understand the face, aging, asymmetry, and proportions better than anyone, so their insight will help unlock the source of your concern.
They’ll ask what bothers you, such as appearing tired or having an angry look. You may state that your eyelids are sagging, then find that the surgeon suggests a brow lift. They might recommend a type of facelift that is different from what you expected. When seeking rhinoplasty for a smaller nose, you may find the surgeon recommends a chin augmentation to balance your face.
These suggestions will be based on the in-depth knowledge of facial balance and proportion. Those things are easy to see for facial experts, but less so for you. The choice of what to do is entirely yours. However, the consultation and assessment are a valuable tool to gather expert feedback about changes that can deliver what you seek. Let your chosen specialist help you narrow down which specific procedures will give you the overall improvement you desire.
Choose the right facial procedure at the right time
Dr. Cory Torgerson – Facial Plastic Surgeon
An ethical and qualified facial plastic surgeon will want you to choose treatments appropriate for your goals, age, budget, and timing in general. For instance, do you need a deep plane facelift, or will a mini facelift meet your price and aesthetic goals?
There’s often more than one good solution to enhance features, and a good surgeon will explain all of the options so that you can choose what’s best. Plastic surgeons in Toronto are often highly experienced in both surgical and non-surgical approaches, so they may offer alternatives or a combination of interventions. They will even tell you honestly if now is not the best time for surgery.
A few reasons you may not be an ideal candidate for cosmetic surgery include:
- You have an untreated medical condition that would impair healing or make surgery unsafe
- You’re not prepared for the required recovery restrictions
- You’re interested only in fast solutions with minimal downtime
- If the price of facial surgery is higher than you’re comfortable with
Other contraindications are unique to each individual and are best discussed in person during a consultation. Ultimately, your plastic surgeon wants to set you up for success. That means choosing a procedure that’s likely to deliver what you want and ensuring that you’re informed of the risks and considerations, that you feel confident about your decision, and that you can be patient for the results. The better prepared you are, the more likely you’ll be happy and stress-free during recovery.
Facial Plastic Surgeon
Due diligence tips for surgeon selection
The many credentials, terms, and marketing claims you come across may feel overwhelming or confusing. Starting with referrals from friends can be helpful because you’ll have a chance to ask what your surgeon is like in person and gauge whether you’ll click.
Once you’ve created a shortlist, verifying specific practice experience and talent becomes a priority.
We recommend that you choose a plastic surgeon in Toronto who best matches your particular area of interest. That means if you want to revitalize your appearance with an anti-aging facelift, you should not go with the top-rated body procedure surgeon. They may provide flawless breast implants but have minimal hands-on experience with the head and neck.
As well, your surgeon should be fully accredited by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. You can expect to see plenty of reviews and before-and-after examples of their work in their clinic.
Ask direct questions and expect direct answers
You can ask, “How much does a facelift cost?” or “Would I be better off with a liquid facelift?” A reputable facial plastic surgeon will advise you of the real risks, pros, and cons for each procedure.
Dr. Torgerson’s philosophy involves more than just physical alterations. His passion includes revealing each patient’s inner beauty, harmony of features, and natural-looking results that dazzle and last a lifetime. Located in chic Yorkville, Toronto, the best plastic surgery and non-surgical techniques blend in our comprehensive surgical centre that truly has everything. Our professional staff offer a comfortable and relaxing environment to ensure that each guest feels wholly cared for.
Dr. Torgerson has a solid reputation as a leader in facial plastic surgery. Having completed 18 years of post-secondary education, he’s one of the few experts in his field with this level of education, knowledge, and skill.
Dr. Torgerson carefully listens to his patient’s dreams, goals, and apprehensions. When you visit us for a consultation, your appointment will be free of charge, because ensuring that you can be heard and can gather information freely is essential to a pressure-free decision-making process. Whether surgical or another approach, what you choose to revitalize your appearance will be customized just for you.
When you’re ready to take the next step and learn more, we welcome you to contact us at the Torgerson Clinic.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When The Weather In Toronto Gets Colder
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.