Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
It’s no secret that cosmetic surgery procedures can be pricey. Depending on your aesthetic goals and the approach you take, physical and psychological rewards can be immense as well, which is why people flock to enhance their faces. The best plastic surgeon for Toronto patients is always someone who combines a high level of expertise with the ability to listen to patients and communicate comfortably.
Disappointment after an expensive, transformative procedure will usually relate to expectations. If a patient believes they are getting one thing, and their result is another, regret can be understandable. Most plastic surgeons do their utmost to avoid unrealistic expectations or incomplete preparedness before surgery. It benefits both the surgeon and the patient to ensure that they are on the same page, with clarity and fully informed understanding about the recovery and outcomes. You have significant power in this situation. You can choose the professional who fits best with your needs and goals.
Looking for the best plastic surgeon in Toronto?
What are your specific goals?
Facial plastic surgery involves facelifts, eyelid surgery, neck lifts, nose jobs, and more. It’s common to admire celebrities who appear magically refreshed overnight and wonder if their “procedure” would also do the same for you. The customization and combination of methods that benefit each face is highly unique.
It starts with your consultation
The best plastic surgeon for one person may not be ideal for another. Analyzing someone else’s result isn’t the right way to determine what you need. Instead, visiting a facial plastic surgeon in person for a detailed consultation is the place to start. At that crucial first meeting, the questions your surgeon asks you will be as essential as the questions you ask. Toronto’s best plastic surgeons have a knack for figuring out what interventions you’ll benefit from the most. They understand the face, aging, asymmetry, and proportions better than anyone, so their insight will help unlock the source of your concern.
They’ll ask what bothers you, such as appearing tired or having an angry look. You may state that your eyelids are sagging, then find that the surgeon suggests a brow lift. They might recommend a type of facelift that is different from what you expected. When seeking rhinoplasty for a smaller nose, you may find the surgeon recommends a chin augmentation to balance your face.
These suggestions will be based on the in-depth knowledge of facial balance and proportion. Those things are easy to see for facial experts, but less so for you. The choice of what to do is entirely yours. However, the consultation and assessment are a valuable tool to gather expert feedback about changes that can deliver what you seek. Let your chosen specialist help you narrow down which specific procedures will give you the overall improvement you desire.
Choose the right facial procedure at the right time
Dr. Cory Torgerson – Facial Plastic Surgeon
An ethical and qualified facial plastic surgeon will want you to choose treatments appropriate for your goals, age, budget, and timing in general. For instance, do you need a deep plane facelift, or will a mini facelift meet your price and aesthetic goals?
There’s often more than one good solution to enhance features, and a good surgeon will explain all of the options so that you can choose what’s best. Plastic surgeons in Toronto are often highly experienced in both surgical and non-surgical approaches, so they may offer alternatives or a combination of interventions. They will even tell you honestly if now is not the best time for surgery.
A few reasons you may not be an ideal candidate for cosmetic surgery include:
- You have an untreated medical condition that would impair healing or make surgery unsafe
- You’re not prepared for the required recovery restrictions
- You’re interested only in fast solutions with minimal downtime
- If the price of facial surgery is higher than you’re comfortable with
Other contraindications are unique to each individual and are best discussed in person during a consultation. Ultimately, your plastic surgeon wants to set you up for success. That means choosing a procedure that’s likely to deliver what you want and ensuring that you’re informed of the risks and considerations, that you feel confident about your decision, and that you can be patient for the results. The better prepared you are, the more likely you’ll be happy and stress-free during recovery.
Facial Plastic Surgeon
Due diligence tips for surgeon selection
The many credentials, terms, and marketing claims you come across may feel overwhelming or confusing. Starting with referrals from friends can be helpful because you’ll have a chance to ask what your surgeon is like in person and gauge whether you’ll click.
Once you’ve created a shortlist, verifying specific practice experience and talent becomes a priority.
We recommend that you choose a plastic surgeon in Toronto who best matches your particular area of interest. That means if you want to revitalize your appearance with an anti-aging facelift, you should not go with the top-rated body procedure surgeon. They may provide flawless breast implants but have minimal hands-on experience with the head and neck.
As well, your surgeon should be fully accredited by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. You can expect to see plenty of reviews and before-and-after examples of their work in their clinic.
Ask direct questions and expect direct answers
You can ask, “How much does a facelift cost?” or “Would I be better off with a liquid facelift?” A reputable facial plastic surgeon will advise you of the real risks, pros, and cons for each procedure.
Dr. Torgerson’s philosophy involves more than just physical alterations. His passion includes revealing each patient’s inner beauty, harmony of features, and natural-looking results that dazzle and last a lifetime. Located in chic Yorkville, Toronto, the best plastic surgery and non-surgical techniques blend in our comprehensive surgical centre that truly has everything. Our professional staff offer a comfortable and relaxing environment to ensure that each guest feels wholly cared for.
Dr. Torgerson has a solid reputation as a leader in facial plastic surgery. Having completed 18 years of post-secondary education, he’s one of the few experts in his field with this level of education, knowledge, and skill.
Dr. Torgerson carefully listens to his patient’s dreams, goals, and apprehensions. When you visit us for a consultation, your appointment is free of obligation, because ensuring that you can be heard and can gather information is essential to a pressure-free decision-making process. Whether surgical or another approach, what you choose to revitalize your appearance will be customized just for you.
When you’re ready to take the next step and learn more, we welcome you to contact us at the Torgerson Clinic.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When the Weather in Toronto Gets Colder
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions