The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
Facial plastic surgery is growing in popularity, and with good reason. Modern cosmetic procedures can be transformative and endow you with beautifully balanced features.
Past social stigmas have all but vanished, and today people of all backgrounds feel empowered to make aesthetic improvements that last. Once you’ve decided to begin your facial plastic surgery journey, it’s critical that you choose the best facial plastic surgeon for the job. We have a handful of essential, “need-to-know” info that can ensure a successful outcome.
Dr. Cory Torgerson Facial Plastic Surgeon
Eyebrow lift, nose job, & much more…
Whether you’re thinking of an eyebrow lift, nose job, or anything in between, visiting a facial plastic surgeon can open a world of options to you. Your face is the feature you present most publicly, and insecurities about it can leave you feeling self-conscious. Whether you’re just beginning your research or you’ve been looking for a while, we’re here to help.
1. Consider the specialists who work only in facial surgery
It‘s essential that facial plastic surgery is expertly executed to leave your face looking healthy and natural. With the ever-growing number of doctors performing cosmetic surgery, it’s hard to know who to choose. And all of those advertisements coming up on social media with huge followings don’t help. That’s because the right choice for you in particular will be the expert who checks all your boxes.
Start by narrowing the pool of possible surgeons and clinics. If you’re seeking the best plastic surgeon in Toronto, limit your options by experience and credentials. As with any cosmetic surgery, there are risks involved, so we’d suggest you choose a facial plastic surgeon with advanced expertise in the field. Insufficient research beforehand can end up damaging your appearance as well as your budget.
Whether you’re looking for someone to perform your rhinoplasty, liquid lift, or lip enhancement, consider the following factors when gathering information:
- Which surgeons in your area have extensive experience performing the specific procedures you want?
- Do they specialize in facial plastic or nasal surgery and have the credentials? For example, are they accredited with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada?
- Honesty is key. Is the website transparent about risks? Highlighting benefits is okay. However, no one should promise you perfection or a flawless outcome.
- Do they use the latest techniques, and have they done so successfully? Just because a method is new, that doesn’t mean it’s the best. So make sure that the surgeon you choose has extensive experience with the techniques they use.
2. Meet in person and come prepared for your consultation
It may seem counter-intuitive, but it’s usually best to consult a plastic surgeon before you choose the procedure. You may believe that you need a facelift only to find that less invasive treatments can provide outstanding results without surgery. It’s possible to seek a nose-shrinking rhinoplasty, and then learn that your chin could be augmented to give the facial balance you really need. An expert surgeon will listen to your concerns, outline risks, and plan a realistic way to move forward. They’ll usually have more than one approach to deliver comprehensive improvements. Feel free to ask lots of questions.
A physician’s bedside manner and genuine communication are just as important as their surgical skills. Booking an initial consultation does not mean you have to proceed with that surgeon. Ask yourself these questions:
- Did you feel listened to, and were you able to express all your concerns?
- Did the surgeon explain things in a way you could understand?
- Are you comfortable with the plan you were offered, and were other options presented to you?
- Was the consultation thorough, and did it include the latest technology such as 3D imaging to show you how the results could look?
- Was your surgeon transparent about the risks involved?
- Were you shown other patient examples like rhinoplasty before and after photos?
3. Plan ahead for your recovery
You’ve selected a facial plastic surgeon you feel confident about, and your procedure is scheduled. Now it’s time to plan for your recovery. Every treatment and every person is different, so the downtime needed will vary. Some cosmetic alterations carry little to no downtime, and others require much more. Be prepared to give your body the time it needs to heal (and a little extra if you can swing it). The stress-free, relaxed experience you’ll have will be well worth it. Here are a few steps to follow:
- Turn part of your home into a staycation environment, complete with Netflix, easy access to snacks and water, and anything else you might need.
- Have someone around who can help with the kids and pets or with chores around the house so you can take it easy. (This is a great time to call in favours, and don’t hesitate to ask friends for help.)
- Stay away from scary surgical stories online and bring any concerns to your doctor rather than rely on anecdotal web sources.
- Follow all the post-op care steps given to you and attend every appointment to ensure a healthy and safe recovery.
4. Be patient and realistic about your results
Your facial surgeon will outline the practical improvements that you can expect from your procedure. You’ll still look like you, but with more balanced and enhanced features. Also, remember that you will continue to age after a procedure like a facelift, but you’ll age far more gracefully.
Be patient with your body. After the first month, swelling may linger for up to a year. Don’t worry, the vast majority will be gone in just a few weeks, but it can naturally take several months for full results to be visible. Depending on the procedure, you may also experience slight numbness or nerve sensations that aren’t painful but require patience. Following post-op care instructions and not pushing yourself to get back to work or the gym right away will help you heal quicker.
5. Take care of your skin
We recommend a daily anti-aging skincare routine that will help cleanse the outer layers of your skin and get rid of dead skin cells.
- Get enough sleep and stay hydrated by drinking 6 to 8 glasses of water daily for a hydrated, healthy glow.
- Use sunblock to protect your complexion from damaging rays.
- Use a high-grade cleanser and moisturizer daily and exfoliate once a week.
- Eat lots of fruits and veggies, which contain potent vitamins and antioxidants.
- Use high-quality makeup to protect your skin.
- Explore non-surgical skincare treatments that can boost your appearance like injectables and facials.
Follow these 5 steps to make sure that you work harmoniously with your cosmetic surgeon and end up with lasting results.
Cosmetic Surgeon Toronto
Dr. Cory Torgerson is considered an expert facial plastic surgeon and is committed to the exciting field of head and neck procedures. He’s a leader in innovative cosmetic techniques with an excellent safety record and an honest, open approach when creating surgical plans. At his Toronto cosmetic clinic, you can expect the highest level of care from his hand-picked medical professional team, who will walk alongside you through your whole, transformational journey. If you’re considering facial surgery, Dr. Torgerson will be happy to speak with you. Contact us to schedule your complimentary consultation today.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When The Weather In Toronto Gets Colder
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.