Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
Although it can be exciting, if you are planning on undergoing a facial plastic surgery procedure, the process can also be overwhelming
One of the most important first steps is taking your time to research facial cosmetic surgeons in Toronto to ensure that you select a highly qualified, certified plastic surgeon. After narrowing down your options and consulting with your selected surgeon, it is also imperative to be sure that you are informed about the recovery process. Knowing what to expect beforehand will minimize your stress during the recovery period. The following tips will help you recover from your facial plastic surgery.
Boost your confidence and improve appearance
During your consultation, your surgeon will explain the process carefully and will provide details about what is required of you during your recovery to ensure that you will see fabulous results. For example, planning ahead for downtime may mean scheduling time off of work or school and arranging for a friend or family member to assist you for the first 24 to 48 hours. In addition, ensure that you have all of the necessary supplies prior to undergoing your procedure such as food that is easy to chew if you are having facial surgery and bandages or pain medication, as required by your surgeon. This preparation will help bring you peace of mind during the recovery period.
Although it is difficult, it is important to be patient during the recovery process. In many cases, the recovery process can require up to 2 weeks of rest and avoiding regular work schedules or activity that may hinder the healing process. Try to keep your mind busy to minimize boredom while allowing your body time to heal. It is also important to be patient with the results of your procedure. Although you may be permitted to return to work within one to two weeks of your surgery, it can take several weeks to see the results.
Do not be alarmed by swelling, bruising, and contour irregularities that appear immediately following the procedure. Swelling is expected and will gradually dissipate. While you will see the results within a week or two, in some instances, residual swelling persists for 6 to 12 months.
Plastic surgery can be expensive, it is an investment worth making
As with any surgical procedure, facial plastic surgery will result in temporary discomfort and mild pain. Although this tenderness can be managed with pain medication, it is important to be aware that the first few days may be uncomfortable. The first night, in particular, can be difficult, as the anesthesia may cause you to feel nauseous or groggy and your swelling will temporarily increase during this time. Thankfully, within a day or two you will begin to feel more like yourself and will regain your strength and appetite.
Prior to your procedure, your surgeon will provide you with detailed post-operative instructions. Depending on the procedure performed, these may include instructions about your sleeping position, medications to take or avoid, and how often to change your bandages. Your facial cosmetic surgeon will let you know when your first follow-up appointment will be and will likely ask that you avoid strenuous activities and keep out of direct sunlight for the first several days or weeks of the recovery process. To ensure optimal results, it is crucial to follow all aftercare instructions carefully.
If you are considering a cosmetic procedure and would like to learn more about the recovery process, we welcome you to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Cory Torgerson, an expert facial cosmetic surgeon in Toronto.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When The Weather In Toronto Gets Colder
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.