Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
Many people believe plastic surgery is all about vanity. However, this is simply not the case. There are many people who need to undergo cosmetic surgery for reconstructive reasons.
Dr. Cory Torgerson offers free cosmetic surgery consultations in his Yorkville plastic surgery centre and would be happy to go over the right procedure for you and discuss all the personal details. Please contact our office to schedule your appointment!
Here Are Some Of The Top Reasons Why A Patient Would Choose Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
1. Accident: An accident can leave a person disfigured, scarred, or deformed. These accidents can range from a burn, vehicle crash, or sports injury to or some other mishap. No matter what the cause, a reconstructive plastic surgeon may be consulted and cosmetic surgery booked to help repair and improve the bodily damages.
2. Birth defects: Sometimes a person is born with a physical deformity that can be improved as the person grows older. This may have to be completed through a series of surgeries, however the goal will always be to restore a normal appearance and normal functioning. Reconstructive plastic surgery can often make incredible enhancements that will improve a person’s self-image and self-confidence, helping him/her to heal from the physical and emotional issues that birth defects can cause.
3. Cancer: Breast cancer is a common culprit that pushes women towards reconstructive breast surgery following a mastectomy. This may not be a necessary medical and surgical step; however, it can certainly help ease any associated psychological turmoil caused by the removal of the breasts.
Reconstruction Of The Face Following Cancer Or An Accident Of Some Kind
Expert Plastic Surgeon
4. Weight Loss: Significant weight loss can mean excess amounts of skin that looks distorted when hanging upon a thinner skeletal frame. Patients who undergo plastic surgery to remove this excess skin can correct the damage and the appearance of the skin caused by the damage of obesity.
5. Physical pain: Some women are larger chested than they want to be. Oversized breasts can cause a whole host of physical ailments from back pain to rashes to inability to participate in certain activities. This results in the need for a medically warranted breast reduction. Even some men will get a breast reduction based on genetic issues that can begin to crop up even in the teenage years. Breast reduction can massively improve a person’s quality of life and is a popular reconstructive surgery.
One of the most important considerations if you are thinking about moving ahead with reconstructive cosmetic surgery is to choose an expert plastic surgeon in that field. Plastic surgeons who specialize in burns, breast reductions, or breast reconstruction are different than facial plastic surgeons, who are more adept at reconstruction of the face following cancer or an accident of some kind. The city of Toronto offers a wide variety of plastic surgeons and facial plastic surgeons to choose from, so do your homework when choosing which doctor would be the best fit to perform your plastic surgery procedure, then move forward with confidence towards the new you!
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When The Weather In Toronto Gets Colder
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.