Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
Many people believe plastic surgery is all about vanity. However, this is simply not the case. There are many people who need to undergo cosmetic surgery for reconstructive reasons.
Dr. Cory Torgerson offers no-obligation cosmetic surgery consultations in his Yorkville plastic surgery centre and would be happy to go over the right procedure for you and discuss all the personal details. Please contact our office to schedule your appointment!
Here Are Some Of The Top Reasons Why A Patient Would Choose Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
1. Accident: An accident can leave a person disfigured, scarred, or deformed. These accidents can range from a burn, vehicle crash, or sports injury to or some other mishap. No matter what the cause, a reconstructive plastic surgeon may be consulted and cosmetic surgery booked to help repair and improve the bodily damages.
2. Birth defects: Sometimes a person is born with a physical deformity that can be improved as the person grows older. This may have to be completed through a series of surgeries, however the goal will always be to restore a normal appearance and normal functioning. Reconstructive plastic surgery can often make incredible enhancements that will improve a person’s self-image and self-confidence, helping him/her to heal from the physical and emotional issues that birth defects can cause.
3. Cancer: Breast cancer is a common culprit that pushes women towards reconstructive breast surgery following a mastectomy. This may not be a necessary medical and surgical step; however, it can certainly help ease any associated psychological turmoil caused by the removal of the breasts.
Reconstruction Of The Face Following Cancer Or An Accident Of Some Kind
Expert Plastic Surgeon
4. Weight Loss: Significant weight loss can mean excess amounts of skin that looks distorted when hanging upon a thinner skeletal frame. Patients who undergo plastic surgery to remove this excess skin can correct the damage and the appearance of the skin caused by the damage of obesity.
5. Physical pain: Some women are larger chested than they want to be. Oversized breasts can cause a whole host of physical ailments from back pain to rashes to inability to participate in certain activities. This results in the need for a medically warranted breast reduction. Even some men will get a breast reduction based on genetic issues that can begin to crop up even in the teenage years. Breast reduction can massively improve a person’s quality of life and is a popular reconstructive surgery.
One of the most important considerations if you are thinking about moving ahead with reconstructive cosmetic surgery is to choose an expert plastic surgeon in that field. Plastic surgeons who specialize in burns, breast reductions, or breast reconstruction are different than facial plastic surgeons, who are more adept at reconstruction of the face following cancer or an accident of some kind. The city of Toronto offers a wide variety of plastic surgeons and facial plastic surgeons to choose from, so do your homework when choosing which doctor would be the best fit to perform your plastic surgery procedure, then move forward with confidence towards the new you!
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.