Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When the Weather in Toronto Gets Colder
Have you ever considered the advantages of paying a visit to your Toronto plastic surgeon during the iciest months of the year?
In Canada, our cold weather season can last for a long while. The time huddled up indoors under grey skies can seem to drag on, but there are some perks to this slower season and snowy weather. Besides hot cocoa, holiday festivities, and the beauty of snowflakes falling, winter provides some optimal conditions for people recovering from cosmetic surgery procedures. Below we’ve highlighted a few of the top reasons to plan surgery when it’s cold out and make the most of the chilly months to revitalize your appearance.
You may miss the sun, but your scars won’t
How Does Winter Weather Affect the Way that People Heal?
It doesn’t feel good to be too hot while healing. Any cosmetic procedure will lead to some degree of swelling in the affected tissue. It’s the body’s natural response to trauma and an expected part of the recovery process. However, certain factors can prolong or exacerbate inflammation and make you more uncomfortable than you need to be. When the temperature outside is hot, the subsequent excess body heat causes blood vessel expansion, which fills the surrounding tissues with more fluid. As well, the natural inflammatory response brings warmth to the injured area, so the restriction of post-procedure garments like binders or compression bands can be a temporary nuisance. You’ll likely feel less sweaty and swollen if the air is crisp.
New scars and inflamed tissue have a surprising way of darkening in reaction to sun exposure. Skin that is tight and sensitive may develop rashes or discoloration if tanned, and surgical incisions should always be completely protected from sun exposure or tanning beds for at least the first year. If it develops, hyperpigmentation may be permanent, so you’ll be glad for the cold weather and less temptation to bare your skin outdoors.
Is summer vacation and an ideal surgery opportunity?
Planning Surgical Recovery
While you can certainly schedule a treatment any time of year that suits you, you’ll be right on track to show off your skin and your new look when the Summer season hits if you plan your procedure in the fall or early Winter.
Many people consider summer break to be an optimal vacation time and therefore, a great chance to plan surgery, however, it’s important to be realistic about what your ideal Summer ‘vacation’ entails. Many people have children home from school during the warm months and not only wish to spend time with them having fun and enjoying the break, but they also have their hands more full than usual. During the Summer, people like to take trips, swim, play sports, travel, even get home renovations, gardening,and other sunny activities done. Any Toronto plastic surgeon will tell you that you must take recovery seriously to ensure optimal results. Being forced to move slowly, stay out of the sun, out of the pool and avoid strenuous activity can feel much more restrictive when so much is going on outside. Those with small children home from school will need to arrange for childcare and help around the house. Additionally, if you’ve been planning a fun vacation with your family, you’ll want to feel fully yourself and free to join in during that time so you might consider planning surgical recovery for a less busy time of the year.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Lastly, ‘tis the season for giving
Are You Trying to Keep Your Cosmetic Surgery on the Down Low?
Winter recovery is ideal for a few reasons, and one of them is privacy. For instance, consider a facelift. Toronto plastic surgeons recommend roughly 2 weeks off work and away from regular activities to recover comfortably from this popular facial rejuvenation. You can turn back the clock 10 years or more and ring in the new year with a new look. Many people prefer to keep their facial procedures a secret. That’s easier to do if they spend a little time out of the public eye. Not only does cold weather make covering up with hats, hoods, and scarves easier, but taking a couple of weeks away on winter holidays is not uncommon or difficult to explain. People naturally spend more time indoors when it’s cold outside, so you may find it easier to book a private, snowy retreat than you would when people are outside and more social.
Improving how you look and feel
Procedures to Keep Discreet During Winter:
- Hair transplant surgery
- Breast augmentation
- Laser skin resurfacing
- Neck lift
Facial surgery can be among the hardest to protect and heal from in sunny weather because naturally our faces are more exposed to daylight than other body parts. Bundling up with hats and scarves is one of the top reasons people choose this time of year to visit their Toronto plastic surgeon.
Why not give yourself the gift of a revitalized appearance, dream nose, or smooth skin? You may have a loved one who says they never know what to get you. Let them give you a lasting and beautiful holiday gift that will keep on improving how you look and feel for years to come. Alternately, take the opportunity to do something fabulous for yourself! Self-care is a priceless gift. The cold weather and holiday season are the perfect time to schedule a break from your everyday life and invest a little care and attention on your body. Your Toronto plastic surgeon will help you feel special, confident, and happy with how you look again. Any time of year is an excellent time to do something kind for yourself, but we think winter is ideal. If you’re interested in discussing your goals and options, schedule a consultation and meet with Dr. Torgerson to talk about the best way to a new and improved you this year.
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When the Weather in Toronto Gets Colder
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.