What to Do After Lip Injections
Lip injections are commonly injected with hyaluronic acid (HA), which is a molecule that is found abundantly in the body
Not all of us were born with luscious, full lips. Fortunately, there are options like lip injections. Getting lip injections is a quick and easy way to temporarily volumize the lip area to create fuller and plump looking lips. Hyaluronic acid plumps the area by drawing moisture into its molecule. In fact, HA can absorb up to 1,000 times its weight.
Lip injections should be done by a qualified medical practitioner
Side Effects Following A Lip Injection
The lip injection procedure is a fairly quick process.
Common side effects immediately following lip injections:
- Swelling of the lips and surrounding area. Swelling is at peak in the 24 to 48 hours after the injections.
- Tenderness on the injection site. The area may be tender to touch. Mouth movement may create a sharp sensation on the injected part of the lip.
- Feeling a bump inside the lip. This is normal. The lip has been injected with foreign molecules. The body’s natural response causes the area to swell and feel harder. The bump will slowly subside within 2 to 3 weeks as the body regulates itself around the HA molecules inside the lip.
- Bruising on the injection sites of the lips. The lip is a sensitive part of the face. Bruising occurs commonly with lip injections. You can minimize bruising by not consuming certain ingredients that cause bruising, such as green tea, ginger, and OTC supplements like Omega 3 pills. Knowing how to reduce bruising prior to injections can help avoid bruising altogether.
Lip fillers enhance the proportions of lips
Lip injections may cause a bit of discomfort during the first 24 to 48 hours with associated swelling and tenderness in the lips. Repeated sessions of icing on the lips for the first 24 hours can help relieve symptoms quicker. Elevated sleeping the first night after lip injections is recommended to reduce any swelling in the face and lips.
The lips take about 2 weeks to settle with the new product in them. Be patient with your results. The rate at which people heal and recover varies, so the common reasonable time to wait for final results is about 2 to 3 weeks. If you wait longer than 3 weeks, then your results will be more realistic in how your lips will appear in the next few months.
It is very important to consult with a certified, licensed plastic surgeon who is trained and experienced in facial injectables. Dr. Torgerson is a cosmetic facial plastic surgeon with many years of experience in injectables and surgical and non-surgical procedures. His knowledge of and skill in the artistic proportions of beauty makes him an ideal choice as a qualified injector.
Lip fillers can create a more feminine appearance to the lips. Full lips are associated with youthful beauty, and women across the globe enjoy the long lasting benefits of lip filler injections. Beautiful, full lips are indeed attainable for everyone.
After receiving lip injections, your lips may feel fuller, and small amounts of bleeding may occur from the injection of the needles. Bleeding is very minimal and usually stops within a few minutes. Icing the lips immediately after injections can help reduce bruising and swelling. If you are prone to cold sores, let your plastic surgeon know so you can receive a prescription for reducing the occurrence of cold sores.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- Toronto Lip Filler : A Definitive Guide
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Pen
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal RHA
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- What Is The Best Injectable Filler For Under Eye Hollows?
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- What are Perfect Lips?
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Redensity II
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- Rich Face
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- Selphyl Toronto
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- Wrinkle Treatment
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.