What to Do After Lip Injections
Lip injections are commonly injected with hyaluronic acid (HA), which is a molecule that is found abundantly in the body
Not all of us were born with luscious, full lips. Fortunately, there are options like lip injections. Getting lip injections is a quick and easy way to temporarily volumize the lip area to create fuller and plump looking lips. Hyaluronic acid plumps the area by drawing moisture into its molecule. In fact, HA can absorb up to 1,000 times its weight.
Lip injections should be done by a qualified medical practitioner
Side Effects Following A Lip Injection
The lip injection procedure is a fairly quick process.
Common side effects immediately following lip injections:
- Swelling of the lips and surrounding area. Swelling is at peak in the 24 to 48 hours after the injections.
- Tenderness on the injection site. The area may be tender to touch. Mouth movement may create a sharp sensation on the injected part of the lip.
- Feeling a bump inside the lip. This is normal. The lip has been injected with foreign molecules. The body’s natural response causes the area to swell and feel harder. The bump will slowly subside within 2 to 3 weeks as the body regulates itself around the HA molecules inside the lip.
- Bruising on the injection sites of the lips. The lip is a sensitive part of the face. Bruising occurs commonly with lip injections. You can minimize bruising by not consuming certain ingredients that cause bruising, such as green tea, ginger, and OTC supplements like Omega 3 pills. Knowing how to reduce bruising prior to injections can help avoid bruising altogether.
Lip fillers enhance the proportions of lips
Lip injections may cause a bit of discomfort during the first 24 to 48 hours with associated swelling and tenderness in the lips. Repeated sessions of icing on the lips for the first 24 hours can help relieve symptoms quicker. Elevated sleeping the first night after lip injections is recommended to reduce any swelling in the face and lips.
The lips take about 2 weeks to settle with the new product in them. Be patient with your results. The rate at which people heal and recover varies, so the common reasonable time to wait for final results is about 2 to 3 weeks. If you wait longer than 3 weeks, then your results will be more realistic in how your lips will appear in the next few months.
It is very important to consult with a certified, licensed plastic surgeon who is trained and experienced in facial injectables. Dr. Torgerson is a cosmetic facial plastic surgeon with many years of experience in injectables and surgical and non-surgical procedures. His knowledge of and skill in the artistic proportions of beauty makes him an ideal choice as a qualified injector.
Lip fillers can create a more feminine appearance to the lips. Full lips are associated with youthful beauty, and women across the globe enjoy the long lasting benefits of lip filler injections. Beautiful, full lips are indeed attainable for everyone.
After receiving lip injections, your lips may feel fuller, and small amounts of bleeding may occur from the injection of the needles. Bleeding is very minimal and usually stops within a few minutes. Icing the lips immediately after injections can help reduce bruising and swelling. If you are prone to cold sores, let your plastic surgeon know so you can receive a prescription for reducing the occurrence of cold sores.
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- PRP Treatments Toronto
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Rich Face
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Teosyal Pen
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Redensity II
- Teosyal RHA
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Toronto Lip Filler: A Definitive Guide
- Toronto Lip Filler: Why the Look Went from Puffy to Perfect
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- What are Perfect Lips?
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- What Is the Best Injectable Filler for Under Eye Hollows?
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Wrinkle Treatment
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.