Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
Have you ever thought about how modifying the shape of your nose, chin, or ears could improve your appearance? Facial contouring surgery focuses on making minor adjustments to refine your look. Facial surgeons are experts at making small changes to improve the symmetry of your features without altering the characteristics that make you uniquely “you”.
Many patients are amazed that seemingly tiny modifications are able to sharply enhance their overall look and aesthetic. After facial surgery, both male and female patients note improved self-esteem and confidence.
We want to share with you the many ingenious ways that experienced facial surgeons are able to make noticeable changes using minimally invasive methods. Continue reading to learn more about these techniques plus a few clever tricks surgeons use that might surprise you.
Plastic Surgery Toronto
What is facial contouring?
Facial contouring is a broad term encompassing several facial reconfiguration techniques that are geared towards reducing the signs of aging and restoring balance to the face. As your skin ages, it will lose firmness and elasticity, and look less plump than it previously did. Here are some general results of aging:
- Sagging skin
- Hollowing effect (under your eyes, lips, cheeks, and overall face)
And if you’ve had frequent unprotected exposure to UV rays or pollution in the air or you drink and smoke regularly, these changes can appear even more rapidly.
Although these skin problems occur in other parts of our bodies too, they are most noticeable in the face. That is why many people choose to get proactive by opting to undergo a facial contouring procedure. There are several components to the face, so different techniques have been developed and refined to treat each problem area. With continued advances to facial surgery, there are, fortunately, multiple options available today to help restore volume and rejuvenate skin.
Here are a few of the most common ways that facial surgeons help combat aging skin and imperfections through facial surgery:
1. Facial implants
2. Contouring specific areas
3. Laser treatments
4. Fat grafting
5. Our little secret: dermal fillers
Dermal injectable fillers are becoming increasingly popular due to the natural-looking outcome they provide. They are a safe, non-surgical alternative to replenish volume to a variety of spots like your nose, lips, or cheeks. They are mostly made of hyaluronic acid, a protein that our body naturally produces in connective tissues. Fillers require a short visit to inject, and the results are visible almost instantly. Depending on the area being treated, the filler is inserted into or just below the dermis. Although fillers are temporary and will need to be re-administered, initial results last at least 6 months, with some products even lasting up to 7 years. The most popular dermal fillers containing hyaluronic acid are:
- Juvéderm, Teosyal Kiss, and Restylane are often used to fill lips because they have a smooth consistency.
- Voluma, Teosyal Ultimate, and Perlane are great for filling areas like cheeks because they have a thicker consistency.
- Redensity II has been shown to treat sunken and hollow eyes very well to combat the constant look of tiredness.
- Artesene is a filler containing protein and DNA fragments, and it is used to treat acne scarring.
- Radiesse is a calcium-based filler that can build up the chin or the cheeks and is very durable.
As with all plastic surgery procedures, it is essential to find a practised surgeon with success in the field. Especially when it comes to the multitude of options available to redefine your face. You’ll want to find the best plastic surgeon in Toronto to evaluate your specific needs and recommend a tailored treatment plan for you.
Dr. Cory Torgerson is a renowned facial plastic surgeon specializing in surgery of the head and neck. Dr. Torgerson is certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and received much of his education from the prestigious University of Toronto. Dr. Torgerson is dedicated to ensuring impeccable results that are natural and youthful. He keeps the health and best interest of each patient in mind while listening to their vision and desires. His hand-picked staff ensure that all needs are met and that each patient receives the highest level of care and comfort. If you are considering facial surgery, Dr. Torgerson would be happy to speak with you.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When the Weather in Toronto Gets Colder
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions