Men and Plastic Surgery
An ever-expanding group of men are choosing to go “under the knife” to hold back the unyielding march of time.
They’re also pursuing non-surgical treatments, like dermal fillers (i.e. Restylane, Teosyal, and Juvederm) to volumize sunken areas of the face and neuromodulator injections to combat fine lines and wrinkles – all in the pursuit of a more youthful appearance. Spurred on by the encouragement of girlfriends and wives or to stay relevant in a competitive career market or simply desiring to look as good as they feel, more men are supporting the idea that a little cosmetic tweak here and there can go a long way.
According to the AAFPRS (American Academy of Facial Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery) and American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the most common cosmetic surgery choices for men in 2014 were rhinoplasty and hair transplants. There is also a documented increase in the number of men coming in for anti-aging surgery, such as blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) and face lift. The increase is being powered by the fact that facial cosmetic surgery is becoming more acceptable for men and that more men are willing to spend their expendable income on cosmetic procedures.
In term of non-surgical, non-invasive cosmetic treatments, neurotoxin injections and dermal fillers continue to reign supreme among men. Neurotoxin treatments alone have increased for men by upwards of 350% since the year 2000.
The Reasons For Men Choosing To Step Into A Facial Plastic Surgeon’s Clinic Are Varied
Male Plastic Surgery Trend
The generation of men closing in on retirement has the financial means to do it, is ready to do it, and still wants to look good. In fact, recent studies show that it is the baby boomer generation that is mainly driving the male plastic surgery trend. For men in their 30’s to 50’s, most just want to maintain a natural appearance, making only subtle changes that will make them look more energized and refreshed. Some are finding that their regular workout routine is simply not providing the benefits it once did and that the fight against the signs of aging is a battle that needs some extra assistance. Other men are motivated by an increasingly competitive workforce and the desire to have a superior edge in a business deal or job opportunity. These males see plastic surgery and non-surgical treatments as an investment in their career and future.
Whatever the motivation may be that is encouraging more men to take the step towards cosmetic procedures and plastic surgery, the most imperative aspect is to find a qualified facial plastic surgeon who is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada (FRCSC).
In Dr. Torgerson’s Own Practice, Approximately 40% to 45% of His Cosmetic Patients Are Male
Right Thing at the Right Time
Inevitably, male patients are encouraged to begin a comprehensive skin-care regime as a basic starting point. Men are notoriously poor at looking after their skin. From there, one can start with the non-invasive injectable procedures, which can easily be done over a lunch break (neuromodulators, Juvéderm, microdermabrasion, etc.). Lastly, if the male patient is a good candidate, cosmetic plastic surgery options will be explored.
There is no question that how you look does affect the way you feel. No matter what your age, simply doing the right thing at the right time will always make the most natural impact! If you’re considering cosmetic treatments and are interested in learning more about the trend of men and plastic surgery, please feel free to book a consult with Dr. Torgerson.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When the Weather in Toronto Gets Colder
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.