The Difference between Botox and Fillers
BOTOX® is actually a protein and has been approved for cosmetic use in Canada for over a decade
It is not a new drug and has been successfully used for the medical treatment of many other ailments (such as muscle spasms) for over a century. BOTOX® has been extremely popular in the cosmetic industry because it relaxes muscle activity without causing damage. Normal facial expressions can still be made, but they are not altered. BOTOX® is most often injected into the forehead and eyebrow area to smooth out wrinkles and in the upper cheek area to reduce crow’s-feet wrinkles around the eyes. After a period of about 3 to 4 months, muscles return to their original tone and the Botox treatment needs to be maintained.
BOTOX & DERMAL FILLERS
– I am a middle-aged woman who has friends and acquaintances that have taken advantage of age-reducing technology…specifically Botox and fillers. To be honest, I’ve heard so many differing facts and opinions, I can’t decipher what is truth and what is fiction. Could you please clear up my confusion and define the difference between the two products and exactly what they can achieve for me?
– Confusion between the two non-surgical treatments, Botox and fillers, is understandable since they are both injected into the skin using needles. Simply put, BOTOX® effectively reduces muscle activity that causes lines and wrinkles, whereas injectable fillers restore the volume to your face that has been lost due to the aging process. There have been great advancements in the cosmetic industry in recent years. Both cosmetic treatments are completely safe as long as they are administered properly by a licensed professional.
Hundreds of men and women are enjoying the benefits of Botox and fillers, finding them a simple, but effective solution to rejuvenate their appearances
One of the most popular types of dermal filler contains a synthetic form of HA (hyaluronic acid), which naturally occurs in our own soft connective tissue. This gel-like substance, injected with tiny needles, fills in lines and wrinkles, adding moisture and lubrication as well. Popular products used by our doctors in our Toronto office include Restylane, Perlane, Teosyal Global, Teosyal Ultimate, Juvederm, Voluma Lift, and Redensity II. Continual improvements have been made in recent years to the durability of injectable filler products, which in turn produce longer-lasting results. Injectable fillers are completely safe to use due to their ability to be naturally absorbed into the skin and metabolized by our bodies. Dermal Fillers can be injected to add volume to the nasalabial area between the nose and mouth, chin, and sagging cheeks, as well as lips, temples, and nose.
Several companies manufacture a quality filler, and our doctors can help clients choose the correct dermal filler product to use, depending on which area of the face is being augmented.
Both Botox and fillers are the same in that they are less intrusive than plastic surgery with virtually no downtime. In less than a half-hour, dermal fillers produce immediate and long-lasting results, and Botox takes effect within 4 to 6 days. Botox and fillers are increasingly popular because the aesthetic improvements can be achieved in a very cost-effective manner.
- Best Non-Invasive Anti-Aging Treatments
- Botox – A Cure for Excessive Sweating?
- Botox – A Cure for Overactive Bladders?
- Botox Alternative: Dysport and Xeomin
- Botox Injections – A Cure for Migraines?
- Botox Injections: Myths & Facts
- Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin
- Can Botox Mistakes Be Corrected?
- Dr. Torgerson Discusses 3 Unusual Uses For Botox
- Dr. Torgerson Discusses Preventative Botox For Millennials
- Get Photo-Ready Fast With Botox, Fillers, and More!
- History of Botox
- Masseter Botox
- Neck Rejuvenation
- Risks Associated with Botox
- The Difference between Botox and Fillers
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.