Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
Once you’ve decided to find your cosmetic surgeon, you might be overwhelmed with the choices and even a bit confused.
After all, choosing a practitioner who can make your transformation journey exceptional means ensuring that they have the experience, artistic eye, bedside manner, and staff that appeal to you. Don’t worry; we’ve compiled a guide that outlines key points to consider and criteria you should look for, so you can feel confident that your choice is an excellent one. Keep reading to learn how you can select the best cosmetic surgeon in Toronto.
Are You Comfortable With Your Surgeon’s Bedside Manner?
Points to cover before you set foot in a plastic surgery clinic
When reviewing names and websites for Toronto cosmetic surgeons, first you should verify that they are in good standing with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. In Canada, that is the only college that can certify physicians and surgeons. So beware of any other claims that do not include this vital distinction. They should be verified to ensure the surgeon has had the extensive training and accountability that the Royal College represents. You can check with them that your surgeon has no disciplinary action or license suspensions in place. Additional memberships like the CSPS and FRCSC designations mean that your surgeon has completed intensive training in their area of focus and will be well qualified to perform your procedure.
Next, you’ll want to investigate how often the surgeon performs the particular procedures that you’re interested in. A Toronto cosmetic surgeon may be renowned for a specific area of specialty such as breast augmentation or a Brazilian butt lift, but that will not ensure they are adept in facelift or rhinoplasty techniques. Just as with any skill, the more you practice it, the better you become. You’ll want to schedule consultations with the experts who focus on your surgery, developing advanced procedure skills and talent in that area.
It’s Time to Book an Appointment or Two!
Planning safe and desirable results for you
Your consultation will help you clarify your own goals and your options. It will also enable you to discover more about your surgeon and their approach. Think of it as an interview where both of you will be asking essential questions and determining whether you have a great fit. You can definitely schedule more than one consultation and compare the information of two or more practitioners.
Health and safety tip: When you meet with your cosmetic surgeon, be completely honest!
It’s tempting to keep private things such as recreational drug use, the frequency of alcohol consumption, medical problems, or medications. While that’s understandable in most cases, your surgeon needs to have honest answers to the health and lifestyle questions they ask you because it will help them plan safe and desirable results for you. They have your best interests at heart and will keep your information entirely confidential. Regardless of expertise, education, or how popular your chosen clinic is, if your surgeon makes you feel uncomfortable in any way, it’s a good idea to evaluate those feelings before going ahead with surgery. Your relationship is an important one because you’ll be communicating regularly after surgery as well. You should feel heard, respected, and genuinely cared for by your surgeon and their staff.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Referrals Are Very Useful in Cosmetic Surgery
The following items could be a consultation red flag:
Does the clinic use a hard-sell approach? Any time a medical practice suggests that you have limited time to make a choice or otherwise puts pressure on you to make the sale, that’s a bad sign. All cosmetic surgeons in Toronto want to gain patients and sales of course, but an ethical practitioner will insist that you choose what you feel is best for you, entirely independent of outside influence.
Do they guarantee surgical results? Perfection isn’t a word that reputable surgeons use, and there is no way to ensure a perfect result. Your cosmetic surgeon should clearly explain the risks and the reality of potential outcomes. While they may be very confident in their skill and ability, there are always variables and inherent risks.
Do they have qualified, licensed staff? Your surgeon should be clear and open with you about their support staff, including the anaesthesiologist, licensed nurses, and assistants.
Do the Consent Forms and Instructions Make Sense?
Following post-op care instructions
You will likely have a fair amount of paperwork to read through and sign when you choose to go ahead with your procedure. It’s never too late to ask for clarification and the explanation of what you’re reading. If you find the consent forms confusing, ask your surgeon or nurse to explain them. And take your time. You will see risks outlined, potential corrective measures explained, and the responsibility laid out for following post-op care instructions, and you should feel comfortable with all of it.
Are you missing details? On the one hand, an abundance of paperwork, instructions, and details can feel overwhelming, but conversely, lack of guidelines or post-op plans should sound an alarm for you. Your surgeon will need to see you after your procedure, sometimes multiple times. They should be available to talk and provide a qualified staff member to speak with as well. What goes on following a procedure should never be shrouded in mystery. You need instructions to follow, emergency contact information, and an explanation of what to expect for the first days, weeks, and months. If you have only a foggy idea of what happens after, get those questions clearly answered or find another surgeon.
Go ahead and ask your friends, family, and anyone in your network what their experience with Toronto cosmetic surgeons has been. Don’t be shy. Some of the most honest and helpful information you’ll receive is from people who’ve been in your position and who have personally experienced the good and the bad. Reviews can be beneficial, so try to read a few before proceeding with a particular clinic.
When you’re satisfied that the critical questions are answered, your surgeon is well qualified, and you feel comfortable with their care and communication, congratulations! You’ve found a great cosmetic surgeon, and you can go ahead with the next steps of your exciting journey.
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When the Weather in Toronto Gets Colder
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.