How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
Are you in good health?
Are you considering cosmetic surgery? To put your mind at ease, here are some ways to know you’re ready to meet with a cosmetic surgeon in Toronto.To ensure that your surgery is both safe and successful, it is imperative that you are in good overall health. In the event that you have a chronic condition such as diabetes, heart disease, or hypertension, it is advisable to wait until your condition has improved before meeting with a cosmetic surgeon in Toronto. Similarly, obesity and lifestyle choices such as smoking and drinking may preclude you from undergoing surgery until you have adopted a healthier lifestyle.
The Recovery Process
You are prepared to take time off to recover
Although it may be difficult, it is necessary to take time off following your cosmetic procedure to give your body time to heal. Depending on the procedure, you may require 1 to 2 weeks of downtime post-operatively. In addition, while most patients can resume work and most other activities within a couple of weeks, it is often necessary to avoid strenuous activities such as exercise for up to 4 weeks. If you are prepared and willing to dedicate this time to your recovery, you are likely ready to schedule a consultation with a Toronto plastic surgeon.
You are prepared to follow your Toronto cosmetic surgeon’s instructions
To ensure optimal results and a speedy recovery both before and after your cosmetic surgery procedure, it is imperative that you adhere to your plastic surgeon’s care instructions. Your surgeon will provide you with a number of directions, including which activities to avoid pre- and post-operatively, which medications to take, and which lifestyle changes are necessary. If you are willing to stick to all of your surgeon’s instructions, it may be the right time for you to schedule your cosmetic surgery procedure.
What to expect from the procedure
Unfortunately, many patients interested in cosmetic surgery have an unrealistic idea of what to expect from the procedure. In some cases, this means that they believe that the procedure will solve all of their problems or help them look like their favourite celebrity. These expectations are not only unrealistic, they are also unhealthy, as plastic surgery should not be viewed as a means to happiness or a tool to drastically change your appearance. In addition, although cosmetic surgery often boosts a patient’s self-esteem, that should not be its sole purpose. Thus, patients should only go forward with plastic surgery if they have a clear and realistic picture of what can be achieved with the procedure.
You have made the decision yourself
The decision to meet with a cosmetic surgeon in Toronto is deeply personal and should be made solely by the patient. When considering surgery, it is crucial that you are honest about whether you are doing it for yourself or in an attempt to please someone else. If your interest in plastic surgery is a result of pressure from others, it is not the right decision for you, as you will likely not be happy with the results. Conversely, if you have come to the decision on your own and feel confident that the procedure will benefit you, you may be a suitable candidate for your procedure.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When the Weather in Toronto Gets Colder
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.