Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
Facial plastic surgery usually makes us think of nose jobs or a facelift.
The decision to undergo plastic surgery is very personal and can be life-changing, so it should not be taken lightly. Although there are a number of important factors to consider prior to scheduling your procedure, the most significant consideration is your choice of best plastic surgeon. The result of your surgery will in part be a reflection of your surgeon’s knowledge, skill, and experience. As such, it is important that you choose a surgeon whom you feel you can trust and communicate openly with. The following factors should be taken into consideration when narrowing down your Toronto plastic surgeon selection.
Boost your confidence and improve appearance
When researching potential surgeons, it is crucial to be aware of the distinction between cosmetic surgeons and general surgeons. General surgeons may not have undergone training in cosmetic or reconstructive surgery. Plastic surgeons, on the other hand, are highly qualified specialists who have completed a minimum of 5 years of training in reconstructive and cosmetic plastic surgery and are accredited by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada after completing a rigorous examination. In Canada, only that regulatory body can certify plastic surgeons, so looking for this credential is an important first step to be sure that you are working with a highly qualified expert.
Area of specialization
The next factor to take into consideration is the surgeon’s area of specialization. To ensure that you achieve optimal results, it is important to narrow down your search to surgeons who specialize in the specific surgery that you are interested in. For example, if you are planning to undergo a rhinoplasty procedure, it is best to choose a surgeon with a speciality in facial plastic surgery rather than a surgeon whose practice is dedicated to body procedures such as liposuction or tummy tucks. While surgeons may offer both face and body procedures, it is advisable to inquire what is their speciality and to narrow down your options based on the level of expertise that each surgeon has in the procedure you are pursuing.
Plastic surgery can be expensive, but an investment worth making
Examining each surgeon’s body of work is also an important step in the research process. Carefully review the before and after galleries available on each surgeon’s website to see examples of patients who had similar concerns and have achieved results that you would be thrilled with.
After narrowing down your list of potential surgeons, it is important to schedule consultations with any surgeons whom you are considering. This step will allow you to learn more about the qualifications and experience of each surgeon while also determining which surgeon is the best fit for you. It is important that you feel comfortable during the consultation. The surgeon should take his or her time listening to your concerns, answering your questions thoroughly, and discussing the anticipated outcome of the procedure. If you feel rushed or are concerned that the surgeon has not carefully listened to your goals for the surgery, you may find it helpful to seek a second opinion. The right surgeon will be empathetic, make you feel at ease, and leave you feeling confident in their ability to meet your goals for the procedure.
If you are considering plastic surgery, we welcome you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Cory Torgerson, one of the top plastic surgeons in Toronto.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When the Weather in Toronto Gets Colder
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.