When Is the Best Time for Men to See a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto?
Calling all men who want to look and feel better – your time is now!
One of the fastest-growing patient segments in the cosmetic industry is men. There’s still a common misconception that guys aren’t concerned about their looks or interested in cosmetic procedures, but today, of all the people seeking a plastic surgeon in Toronto, a greater number than ever before are male. The visible effects of aging affect both sexes. And with more people staying in their careers and dating later in life, the males in our society are recognizing that there are safe and effective ways to turn back the clock and stay looking vibrant and confident. Can men choose the same procedures that women do? Moreover, when is the right time for a man to consider cosmetic improvements? Read on for our guy’s anti-aging guide.
At what age should a man seek a plastic surgeon in Toronto?
Why Is Appearance So Important for Men?
There’s no ideal age for anyone to plan a cosmetic treatment. Today, many regular men will start to see signs of aging such as fine lines, crow’s-feet, and grey hairs as early as the mid-30s. Natural collagen and elasticity in the skin diminish for both genders beginning in the 30s, and it’s at that point that people start to seek out specialized skin care and facial treatments to appear more vibrant and young.
Men also commonly seek cosmetic surgeons to plan a rhinoplasty, or nose job. Because the reasons for undergoing nasal surgery have less to do with age and more to do with dissatisfaction about the appearance of one’s nose, men of all ages schedule rhinoplasty consultations. Along with chin augmentation, rhinoplasty is one of the top cosmetic surgeries that men show interest in. Non-surgical procedures such as Botox treatments are becoming increasingly popular as well, with the term “Brotox” being coined to help normalize and spread awareness about how common this treatment is becoming for guys. Often people begin treatment with neuromodulators as young as age 30.
In Toronto, plastic surgery clinics may offer surgical and non-surgical services, all geared toward improving one’s features, balancing asymmetry or proportion, and erasing the signs of aging. The common saying that 40 is the new 30 proves very true in the context of careers and dating today.
Is your lifestyle getting an overhaul?
Many people find themselves changing careers and starting a job hunt at age 40 or 50. Likewise, they may become single and look for love again at an age they never expected. It can be tough enough to approach these challenges with confidence, but if an aspect of one’s appearance is holding them back, they may not pursue opportunities with the enthusiasm they once could. It’s no secret that the way we look on the outside can affect how we feel on the inside. It helps our daily outlook to like what we see in the mirror each day, and the boost needed can be as simple as a smoother forehead, erasing bags under the eyes, or adding a little structure to the jawline. For each man, a personalized approach to cosmetic improvement can be designed in collaboration with their surgeon.
Plenty of men and women decide to completely revitalize their lifestyle and attitude at some point in midlife. The reasons for this are as unique as people are, but often, dramatic health and lifestyle changes are classified as, “a midlife crisis”. If the changes you’re making are improving your health and outlook, there’s nothing to be ashamed of. Whatever the inspiration for change, when someone suddenly becomes motivated to improve multiple aspects of their life, rejuvenating their appearance often goes hand in hand with getting healthier, stronger, and more balanced in body and mind. A cosmetic surgeon can help create and implement a plan for physical improvement that coincides with a revitalized inner life.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
How can a plastic surgeon help Toronto men look and feel their best?
When Is Not a Great Time to See a Toronto Plastic Surgeon?
Many men finally succeed in quitting smoking or drinking alcohol in their 40’s or 50’s. They may realize that years of overwork and lack of balance have been somewhat unhealthy, so they choose a fitness routine to stick with. Whether a man has begun to regularly train for a marathon, take on a new, exciting career challenge, or clean up his health to feel more energetic than before, it’s also a great time to put effort into appearance and match up the image presented to the world with their refreshed mindset. For either gender, times of trauma, significant change, and emotional stress are not ideal to plan for any cosmetic surgery. Though it can be tempting to think of a physical improvement as a way to become instantly happier and more satisfied with life, that is just not realistic and instead can have dire consequences. No appearance change has the power to cure depression or emotional suffering.
Non-Surgical Methods to Improve Skin
Cosmetic surgery planning and recovery can be physically and mentally stressful, so the ideal candidate should be in peak health, stable, and otherwise satisfied with their life going into the process. If you’re experiencing a rough phase, seek professional help and give yourself adequate time to feel settled and stable before considering cosmetic procedures. Everyone’s genetic makeup is unique, and for some men, this means they will age in subtle ways, retaining their boyish good looks for many years. For others, no matter how young they feel on the inside, a receding hairline, damaged skin, and fine lines can cause them to appear older than they are. To make matters worse, a lack of sleep, inadequate nutrition, and years of sun exposure can catch up to a man quickly in midlife, leading to a rapidly aged appearance within a short time span. Not to worry – cosmetic surgeons are extremely experienced and skilled in both surgical and non-surgical methods to improve skin vitality and lift, smooth, or restructure the face.
The following treatment areas are often preferred by men:
- Chin/jawline augmentation
- Neck lift
- Blepharoplasty (eyelid lift)
- Face lift
- Brow lift
There may be options to improve your appearance that you haven’t considered. The best approach to planning procedures is to meet with a top facial plastic surgeon in person and discuss your goals. It’s no longer uncommon for regular men to get a little help looking and feeling their best. Talk to Dr. Torgerson today and find out how you can improve the reflection in your mirror and put your best face forward.
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When the Weather in Toronto Gets Colder
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions