Dr. Torgerson Discusses Preventative Botox For Millennials
This Toronto Star article discusses the rise of injectable cosmetic procedures trends that cosmetic medical professionals are witnessing at their clinics for people in their 20s and 30s
These young people are expressing interest in preventative measures for premature aging. The millennials are a huge target market for premature aging treatments because they are fascinated by these procedures.
Anti-aging is a multi-dimensional, multi-billion-dollar industry that continues to grow
For people who wish to prevent the signs of aging in their skin, injectable treatments not only assist them in looking more youthful, but also prevent the formation of further wrinkle development in the skin. After the mid-twenties, the body’s collagen production declines at a rate of about 1% per year. People who are interested in maintaining youthful-looking skin in their later years can attain their goals with dermal injectable treatments. Dermal injectables are minimally invasive, require no downtime, and are more affordable in comparison to surgical procedures. The many advantages of non-surgical, anti-aging procedures have resulted in a trend amongst the younger millennials, who are more concerned about aging well than any other age groups that doctors have seen before. The influences of social media, celebrity stardom and ease of accessibility contribute to the popularity of injectable treatments.
This article covers the popular cosmetic procedures that people in their 20s and 30s usually prefer.
Botox reduces wrinkles by inhibiting nerve activity in the muscles that have been injected with Botox
This is a preventative cosmetic procedure that reduces fine lines around the eyes and forehead. As many people may know, Botox reduces wrinkles by inhibiting nerve activity in the muscles that have been injected with Botox. Botox is made up of botulinum toxin (BTX), which is a neuromodulator formulated to safely decrease activity in the muscles that have been injected. If the muscle activity is reduced, then the formation of wrinkles on the surface of the skin caused by muscle movement is eliminated! Botox is effective as a preventative measure, and it can also be helpful for an array of different treatments ranging from reducing underarm sweating, headaches, and jawline muscles. Botox typically lasts anywhere from 4 to 6 months.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Who Is A Good Candidate?
Patients who are experiencing the early signs of aging in their facial skin are usually ideal candidates for Botox injections. Botox requires little preparation or post-op care. Some precautionary steps to achieve optimal results include the following:
- Avoid sleep or lying down for at least 4 hours immediately following Botox injections.
- Avoid any cardiovascular activity or exercise for the remainder of the day after Botox injections.
- Avoid activities that increase heart rate. A rapid heart rate increases blood supply and can potentially cause unwanted distribution of Botox to the surrounding areas.
- Unlike dermal fillers, Botox injections cannot be reversed, so conservative amounts should be requested for first-time users. This allows the product to fully settle in before the outcome of results is decided on.
What Can It Do?
Preventative Botox reduces the formation of further wrinkles in the face. Botox is indicated for:
Smoothing wrinkles on the forehead. Forehead lines are also expression lines. Over-activity in these areas causes the first signs of aging in the forehead and surrounding area.
Reducing glabellar lines, also known as frown lines. Botox smooths out the areas, resulting in a more relaxed and rejuvenated appearance between the brows. It’s common to engage the procerus muscles when doing mundane activities without realizing that you are activating these muscles. This includes reading, watching TV, or looking at your phone screen.
Reducing crow’s-feet around the eyes. Crow’s feet wrinkles are more pronounced during conversation or laughter. They can make the area around the eyes appear squinted and aged. Botox injection to the crow’s-feet area smooths out the fine lines and wrinkles and can make the eyes appear more open and alert.
Reducing the masseter jawline. The chewing masseter muscles can become over developed in some people. Botox injections reduce the activity in those muscles by preventing further contraction so the masseter muscles are not overused.
If you are a young candidate who is experiencing the early signs of premature aging and you want to take measures to prevent further aging in your skin, then preventative Botox injections may be the solution for you! Contact Dr. Torgerson’s Toronto Cosmetic Facial Plastic Surgery Clinic today to schedule your consultation.
- Best Non-Invasive Anti-Aging Treatments
- Botox – A Cure for Excessive Sweating?
- Botox – A Cure for Overactive Bladders?
- Botox Alternative: Dysport and Xeomin
- Botox Injections – A Cure for Migraines?
- Botox Injections: Myths & Facts
- Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin
- Can Botox Mistakes Be Corrected?
- Dr. Torgerson Discusses 3 Unusual Uses For Botox
- Dr. Torgerson Discusses Preventative Botox For Millennials
- Get Photo-Ready Fast With Botox, Fillers, and More!
- History of Botox
- Masseter Botox
- Neck Rejuvenation
- Risks Associated with Botox
- The Difference between Botox and Fillers