Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
It is estimated that approximately 17 million people around the world had plastic surgery in 2015.
These numbers continue to grow year after year and prove that plastic surgery is trending upwards. If you think that 17 million is an incredibly large number, it is also estimated that 14% of the population are too timid to undergo plastic surgery! This means that there are many people seeing the transformation that plastic surgery can produce, either in their co-workers, friends, or in magazines, and wishing they had the nerve to go for it too.
Dr. Cory Torgerson – Facial Cosmetic Surgeon As Well As An Otolaryngologist With This Governing Body
Alleviating The Fear
There may be several reasons why people are timid about plastic surgery. The first and foremost hindrance is fear of going under the knife. Fifty years ago, this might have been a plausible excuse, as plastic surgery was not as common and fly-by-night doctors with little experience set up shop in wealthy neighbourhoods. Strict guidelines are now in effect that govern doctors as well as facilities. In Canada, the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (CPSO) regulates and certifies physicians. Dr. Cory Torgerson has achieved accreditation as a facial cosmetic surgeon as well as an otolaryngologist with this governing body. His surgical facility in Yorkville has also been granted the highest rating (Level 3) that the CPSO offers to private medical clinics. Fear of going under the knife can be alleviated by investigating the amount of experience a surgeon has. Dr. Torgerson has been performing surgeries for many years and has successfully operated from his own Yorkville clinic for several years.
Facial cosmetic surgery is constantly being improved with new technology and techniques. Because of this, safety standards have also improved for any patient considering something in the facial plastics field. Anyone timid about surgery should be able to gain some peace of mind knowing this. Dr. Torgerson is constantly upgrading his knowledge by continual study and attending conferences. He is considered so proficient and skilled in facial cosmetics that he is often called upon to teach at many of these conferences both nationally and internationally.
No One Should Be Fearful Of Wanting To Age Gracefully And Maintain A Fresh Appearance
Feel Confident In Your Surgeon
Fear of not finding the right surgeon is also a cause for procrastinating on surgery. All surgeons conduct an initial consultation with potential clients where you are able to express what your surgical goals are, ask questions, and view previous patient photos. If you don’t feel comfortable with your choice of physician, there is no sense moving forward. After the first appointment, you should feel confident in the surgeon’s ability, at ease in their facility, and excited about your new transformation.
Finally, some people put off surgery out of fear of what others might think. They fear they will be judged by putting unnecessary focus on the outer self. Dr. Torgerson advises that after surgery many people won’t even know you have “had work done” because his goal is to make you look as natural as possible, rather than change your appearance. No one should be fearful of wanting to age gracefully and maintain a fresh appearance. It’s important to maintain and improve who you are, body, soul, and spirit!
Don’t let fear cause you to miss out on looking your best. Please contact our Toronto location to learn more about what we can offer you!
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When The Weather In Toronto Gets Colder
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.