What Is The Best Injectable Filler For Under Eye Hollows?
Dermal fillers are becoming a trusted and effective solution to managing hollows under the eyes
Bags under the eyes, or eye hollows, can make anyone look older, stressed, and tired. It is no surprise that many people feel very self-conscious when hollows under the eyes appear, and they can start even in the twenties and thirties. The best injectable fillers for this type of procedure are typically Restylane and Juvederm Ultra.
Brands of dermal fillers that are commonly used to improve bags around the eyes
What Are Restylane And Juvederm Ultra?
Restylane and Juvederm Ultra are non-animal derived hyaluronic acid fillers, and the result is a soft and natural looking correction that lasts anywhere from 6 to 9 months, depending on the product and the individual patient.
It is very important to receive a dermal filler treatment from a cosmetic surgeon who understands facial anatomy and the placement of the injectable fillers. This will be safer and result in an overall better look and feel than the alternative.
The Juvederm product now contains lidocaine, which eliminates the need for painful freezing injections and general discomfort. Additional topical numbing agents can also be used for the procedure, but with lidocaine already included, this is usually not necessary. However, it can be added to ensure the comfort of any patient who is worried about pain. The procedure itself takes only 15 to 45 minutes, depending on how many areas are being treated, and there is hardly any downtime. This has made Juvederm a popular product for treating bags under the eyes and other signs of aging, including fine lines, wrinkles, and the loss of facial volume.
Restylane is known for being very effective for adding volume to the face and filling in fine lines. Restylane is owned by Medicis, a division of Valeant Canada. It has become very well received for its natural look that is retained for the lifespan of the product, which is typically 6 to 9 months. Restylane also contains lidocaine, a numbing agent that will freeze the area and significantly reduce or eliminate the pain.
A clear substance that is naturally produced in the body and that hydrates the skin
What Is Hyaluronic Acid?
Our dermal fillers are hyaluronic acid based. It improves the skin’s appearance and texture, helps retain collagen, and improves elasticity. As we age, we lose the ability to absorb the vitamins and nutrients that keep the skin young and soft. Hyaluronic acid is used in dermal fillers and high end skin serums to support skin health and to retain a youthful appearance.
What Is The Recovery Time?
One of the advantages of using dermal fillers to correct hollows under the eyes is that the downtime is minimal. Patients typically experience some swelling and bruising, but the majority of any side effects are significantly reduced after only a couple of hours. Patients should, however, plan their injectable filler treatment a couple of weeks to 1 month before major social events such as weddings and reunions, especially if an individual is known to heal slower and bruise more than average.
All Juvederm and Restylane injectable filler treatments are performed by our cosmetic doctors in our boutique Toronto-based plastic surgery clinic. This offers patients the peace of mind of knowing that their treatment is being handled by a highly acclaimed doctor who has extensive experience in dermal filler treatment. The team at The Clinic at Yorkville is available for questions and inquiries. A consultation can be booked any time to discuss whether dermal fillers are the right treatment for under eye hollows and to determine the best injectable filler brand for your procedure. Call 647-343-0207.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- Toronto Lip Filler : A Definitive Guide
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Pen
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal RHA
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- What Is The Best Injectable Filler For Under Eye Hollows?
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- What are Perfect Lips?
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Redensity II
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- Rich Face
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- Selphyl Toronto
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- Wrinkle Treatment
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.