Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
Dermal fillers are safe, effective, and reversible
Patients who want a non-invasive alternative have gravitated toward dermal fillers because they produce dramatic results with minimal discomfort and downtime.
Brand specific recommendations
Choosing the Procedure and Product
Which brand of dermal fillers works best? For the average person who is new to this procedure, the selection may seem daunting. In many cases, there is a best dermal filler option for the area or type of wrinkle you want to treat. For starters, some dermal filler brands are approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for specific parts. For example, Radiesse was approved in 2006 for naso-labial folds and more recently gained approval for improving volume loss and hiding veins and wrinkles on the hands.
JUVÉDERM™ ULTRA is a sterile gel made up of linked hyaluronic acid. It’s recommended for the effective and approved usage in a high number of areas smooth consistency and natural results. Most patients use this product for nasolabial folds, lips, marionette lines, and peri-oral lines. One of the most notable benefits of the JUVÉDERM™ product is that the results last for up to a year or longer. The amount of time the product lasts depends on where it is injected and on the individual. It stays, or breaks down, in patients at a different pace. The mouth, for example, has a lot of movement and tends to have the shortest lifespan after procedures, regardless of which product is used.
Restylane improves volume loss and hides veins and wrinkles
Similarly to JUVÉDERM, this product is also made up of hyaluronic acid and works very effectively on a large number of areas. However, RESTYLANE is best known for being made up of smaller hyaluronic acid molecules and therefore having the ability to smooth finer lines and wrinkles, particularly around the eyes, tear troughs, and lips and frown lines. It is also an ideal dermal filler for correcting crow’s feet, perioral and brow lines. Both products also have strong safety profiles. Often trying to determine the best dermal filler will depend on the patient’s experience. If you tried one and it lasted for a year with great results, the same product will be recommended for subsequent treatments.
PERLANE is made by Medica, the same company that makes RESTYLANE. However, the PERLANE linked hyaluronic molecules are much bigger, denser, and thicker and are therefore more suitable for filling deeper lines and areas that require more volume. Some of these areas include adding volume to gaunt and hollow cheeks and for deep nasolabial folds. PERLANE tends to last longer than the aforementioned products and it also costs more. A very similar product by comparison is JUVÉDERM™ ULTRA PLUS, and both work best for cheek augmentation, naso-labial folds, and marionette lines. There are even more dermal filler products that can be discussed with your facial cosmetic surgeon. Book a consultation to discuss the areas of the face that you would like to see improved and rejuvenated. To determine which dermal filler is best for the area you would like to target and to restore a youthful and energized appearance, contact the clinic to book a consultation with one of our doctors. Our team is available to answer your questions and inquiries. Please call 647-343-0207.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- Toronto Lip Filler : A Definitive Guide
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Pen
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal RHA
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- What Is The Best Injectable Filler For Under Eye Hollows?
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- What are Perfect Lips?
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Redensity II
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- Rich Face
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- Selphyl Toronto
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- Wrinkle Treatment
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.