Stage 1 – Age Group: 25 – 35
– The skin is voluminous and plump with very fine to no wrinkles on the majority of the face.
– The early signs of aging begin at this stage.
– Wrinkles appear on the forehead with movement.
– Lines appear when performing normal expressions like laughing, smiling, frowning, and raising the eyebrows.
– The early signs of crow’s feet appear around the eyes.
– The production of collagen and elastin slows down. – Skin elasticity is reduced slowly over time.
– Skin quality slowly deteriorates with the development of scars from adolescent activity such as acne scars and marks from accidents like fine scratches and skin discoloration.
– The complexion slowly loses radiance.
– The face has static and dynamic wrinkles.
Stage 2 – Age Group: 35 – 50
– Visible fine wrinkles appear on the forehead and around the eyes.
– The nasolabial folds in the face are more developed.
– The early signs of marionette lines appear at the outer edge of the lips, and the chin area begins to lose volume.
– The under eye area darkens.
– Fine lines and wrinkles develop around the eyes at rest.
– Some may begin to notice under eye bags.
– The cheeks sag as they lose volume.
– The lower jaw begins to hang, which may change the shape of the face.
– Some may experience the early signs of sun damage from frequent exposure such as sunspots, brown spots, or freckles.
– Larger pores appear in the nose.
– Fine blood vessels appear on the cheeks and around the nasal opening as they dilate over the years.
– The skin appears thinner with more developed static wrinkles.