9 Important Questions to Ask Your Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
Although most patients are thrilled with the results of their primary rhinoplasty, in some cases a revision procedure is necessary to achieve the desired results.
Since a secondary procedure involves working with tissues that have already been altered, it is a more complex surgical procedure, which requires extreme skill and precision. Thus, it is important to take your time when selecting your revision rhinoplasty surgeon in Toronto. To determine whether this procedure is right for you, it is advisable to ask your prospective surgeon(s) the following questions during your initial consultation.
Selecting an Experienced Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon
1. Am I a suitable candidate for revision rhinoplasty?
While most patients who are unhappy with the outcome of their primary procedure are suitable candidates for revision rhinoplasty, in some cases they may not be. For example, patients who have unrealistic expectations for the procedure should not undergo additional surgery, as they tend to expect perfection, which is something that surgery cannot achieve. On the other hand, patients who have reasonable goals for their revision and are willing to accept the inherent limitations of revision rhinoplasty are excellent candidates.
2. Do you have experience performing revision rhinoplasty?
Since anatomic changes and scarring make this procedure more complex than primary surgery, it is imperative to select an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon in Toronto. Ideally, you should look for a surgeon who specializes in facial plastic surgery, as this ensures that they have the experience necessary to deliver optimal results.
3. Is it my primary surgeon’s fault that I require a revision?
While in some cases, the need for a revision is a result of the primary surgeon’s lack of experience, often this is not the case. Instead, many times it is a result of poor communication between the patient and the surgeon, unrealistic expectations, breathing issues, or poor healing.
4. How long does this procedure typically take?
While the length of the procedure will vary depending on your needs, in most cases revision rhinoplasty takes longer than primary rhinoplasty due to the more complex nature of this procedure. In many cases, it can be completed in 3 to 4 hours.
5. Do I have to pay for my secondary rhinoplasty procedure?
The answer to this question will vary. However, typically, if you visit the same plastic surgeon for your revision rhinoplasty within one year of your primary procedure, you will be charged only for the anesthesia and operating room fees. However, in the event that your revision rhinoplasty surgeon did not perform your first surgery, you will be responsible for the entire cost of the procedure.
6. Is the recovery painful?
Most patients find that the pain caused by revision rhinoplasty is mild, as it is not typically worse than the pain experienced during the primary procedure.
7. What risks are associated with revision rhinoplasty?
The risks associated with secondary rhinoplasty are considered to be the same as those associated with primary rhinoplasty.
8. Do patients ever require additional surgery after revision rhinoplasty?
Although it is extremely rare, in some cases patients do require a second revision. However, taking your time to select a qualified and experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon in Toronto will help ensure that your second procedure is your last.
9. How soon after my primary procedure can I schedule a revision?
To ensure that your nose has sufficient time to heal, it is necessary to wait 6 to 9 months after your primary procedure before undergoing a revision. While that may be difficult, it is extremely important, as throughout the recovery process, your nose will gradually change as it heals. This means that in some cases, patients who are initially unhappy with their results no longer feel that they need a revision, as their nose appears more refined once the swelling subsides.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 5 Things To Consider When Selecting A Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- 9 Important Questions To Ask Your Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- All About Open vs. Closed Revision Rhinoplasty
- Can You Change Perceptions of Attractiveness And Success with A Rhinoplasty in Toronto?
- Choosing the Right Surgeon for Your Revision Rhinoplasty Procedure
- Comparing the Differences Between Your Primary and Revision Rhinoplasty Procedures
- Find Out If You Are A Candidate Prior To Speaking To Your Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- Five Signs You May Want To Consider Seeing A Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- Is It Safe to Undergo a Second Revision Rhinoplasty?
- Not Just Any Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto Can Fix Your Nose Job
- Revision Rhinoplasty Toronto Info
- Should You Trust Your Primary Surgeon for a Revision Rhinoplasty?
- Subtle Signs You May Need A Revision Rhinoplasty
- The Revision Rhinoplasty Risks You Should Be Aware Of
- The Ultimate Guide To Planning Your Revision Rhinoplasty In Toronto
- Tips for Recovery from a Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- What is Revision Rhinoplasty?
- Who is a Candidate for Revision Rhinoplasty?