What is Revision Rhinoplasty?
It is not uncommon for people to experience severe anxiety regarding the appearance or shape of their nose. This concern has led to an overwhelming sense of despair and even severe depression in some cases.
After years of enduring this type of anguish, can you imagine the disappointment that a person would experience if they undergo a rhinoplasty that does not result in the changes they had hoped for? There are occasions where the person is simply not pleased with post-surgery results. There are several reasons this may occur. Perhaps the surgeon they chose was not experienced in rhinoplasty surgery or the surgeon operated with the results they preferred rather than listening to their client’s wishes. The nose is comprised of delicate cartilage and tissues. There is a possibility that it may have been damaged during the healing process, resulting in its shape being altered. Whatever the reasons, a revision rhinoplasty (also known as a secondary rhinoplasty) is the facial plastic surgery that can help correct a poor result of a primary rhinoplasty.
Talent And Artistry
The Most Challenging Surgery
A rhinoplasty, no matter if it is a primary or secondary rhinoplasty, is the most challenging surgery performed by a facial plastic surgeon. It requires not only extensive training and experience to perform successfully, but talent and artistry as well. Rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty are what Dr. Torgerson specializes in. He is a Facial Plastic surgeon with a background in Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose, and Throast surgery), and as such, is highly experienced in all aspects of nose surgery. If there is too much damage or scarring, not even a secondary rhinoplasty should be performed. We conduct every aspect of our Toronto plastic surgery clinic with the utmost integrity; therefore, Dr. Torgerson will be honest to explain if a revision rhinoplasty is not possible.
Anyone who has undergone a nose job should wait at least one year for the healing process to complete before considering a revision rhinoplasty surgery. The tip is especially delicate and requires much longer for the swelling to subside than other areas of the face. Because revision rhinoplasty surgery is a longer procedure and requires that the facial plastic surgeon deal with the build-up of scar tissue and lack of cartilage, it is more expensive than a regular rhinoplasty.
Rhinoplasty Revision Cost
Depending on the amount of damage and scar tissue that has developed, a revision typically costs around $15,000. It is common for patients to experience bruising under the eyes and around the nose, as well as swelling after surgery, just as they experienced with their first rhinoplasty. Dr. Torgerson operates using the closed approach and enters through the nostrils, as it significantly reduces swelling. Clients require at least one week, but preferably two weeks off work in order to heal. You should be able to attend social functions confidently after this amount of time.
Our Toronto clinic was the first facility in Canada to offer the 3D Vectra Imaging System, which allows prospective patients to see a 360 view of the possible final plastic surgery results. This enables you to decide what you would like your nose to look like post-surgically and come up with a mutually agreed-upon surgical plan with Dr. Torgerson.
If you book a consultation at the Toronto Facial Cosmetic Clinic, Dr. Cory Torgerson can assess your needs and advise you if a revision rhinoplasty is the best solution for you. It is his objective to assist you in achieving your personal goal, not only regarding your appearance, but also in your self-esteem and overall sense of well-being.
- 5 Things To Consider When Selecting A Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- 9 Important Questions To Ask Your Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- All About Open vs. Closed Revision Rhinoplasty
- Can You Change Perceptions of Attractiveness And Success with A Rhinoplasty in Toronto?
- Choosing the Right Surgeon for Your Revision Rhinoplasty Procedure
- Comparing the Differences Between Your Primary and Revision Rhinoplasty Procedures
- Find Out If You Are A Candidate Prior To Speaking To Your Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- Five Signs You May Want To Consider Seeing A Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- Is It Safe to Undergo a Second Revision Rhinoplasty?
- Not Just Any Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto Can Fix Your Nose Job
- Revision Rhinoplasty Toronto Info
- Should You Trust Your Primary Surgeon for a Revision Rhinoplasty?
- Subtle Signs You May Need A Revision Rhinoplasty
- The Revision Rhinoplasty Risks You Should Be Aware Of
- The Ultimate Guide To Planning Your Revision Rhinoplasty In Toronto
- Tips for Recovery from a Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- What is Revision Rhinoplasty?
- Who is a Candidate for Revision Rhinoplasty?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.