Five Signs You May Want to Consider Seeing a Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
Rhinoplasty is a popular facial cosmetic surgery procedure designed to improve the appearance of the nose.
In most cases, patients who undergo rhinoplasty are thrilled with the results, and their improved self-image leads to an increase in their self-esteem and overall quality of life. However, in some instances, particularly when the patient does not take the time to select an experienced and qualified Royal College-certified plastic surgeon, the outcome of the procedure does not meet their expectations. Luckily, revision rhinoplasty can be performed to address a number of common post-operative concerns and help patients achieve their desired results. If you are unhappy with your rhinoplasty results or experience any of the below complications, you may wish to consider scheduling a consultation with a revision rhinoplasty surgeon in Toronto.
Undergoing a Revision Rhinoplasty Procedure
1) Your Primary Surgery Did Not Deliver Your Anticipated Results
The most common reason that patients opt to undergo a revision procedure is because their primary procedure did not deliver the aesthetic outcome they anticipated. This can be the result of a number of factors, including poor or inadequate communication between the patient and surgeon during the planning phase, unexpected complications during the procedure, or poor surgical technique. To prevent this outcome in the future, it is imperative to take your time to select an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon in Toronto.
2) You Experienced Healing Complications
While most patients heal well following rhinoplasty, in some cases complications can arise. For example, some patients experience breathing problems post-operatively due to a bent or broken septum, the presence of excessive cartilage, or in rare instances, an internal collapse. Patients who experience these issues may snore or struggle to breath when exercising, so a revision procedure is necessary.
The Safety and Efficacy of the Procedure
3) Your Results Are Asymmetrical
Whether it is due to poor surgical technique or an issue with their internal cartilage such as a bent septum, patients sometimes notice that their nose is asymmetrical following their primary rhinoplasty. Although patients should not expect perfection following plastic surgery, a skilled revision rhinoplasty surgeon in Toronto can correct asymmetry.
4) You Had an Adverse or Allergic Reaction
Implants and grafts are frequently utilized during rhinoplasty to support or repair existing cartilage and add shape to the nose. Although it is rare, some patients have an adverse reaction to implants and grafts, and their body rejects the foreign objects. In response, swelling or an infection may occur, as the body attacks the new material which it perceives to be an enemy. Revision rhinoplasty is typically necessary for the patient’s well-being, because the graft or implant must be removed.
5) Your Surgeon Took the Wrong Surgical Approach
Because plastic surgery is an elective procedure, many patients attempt to reduce their cost by choosing the surgeon with the best price. Unfortunately, patients who undergo budget plastic surgery often require a revision because their surgeon did not have the skills or experience necessary to deliver their desired outcome. Thus, to ensure the safety and efficacy of the procedure, it is crucial to choose a Royal College-certified Toronto revision rhinoplasty surgeon who has extensive experience performing secondary rhinoplasty.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 5 Things To Consider When Selecting A Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- 9 Important Questions To Ask Your Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- All About Open vs. Closed Revision Rhinoplasty
- Can You Change Perceptions of Attractiveness And Success with A Rhinoplasty in Toronto?
- Choosing the Right Surgeon for Your Revision Rhinoplasty Procedure
- Comparing the Differences Between Your Primary and Revision Rhinoplasty Procedures
- Find Out If You Are A Candidate Prior To Speaking To Your Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- Five Signs You May Want To Consider Seeing A Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- Is It Safe to Undergo a Second Revision Rhinoplasty?
- Not Just Any Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto Can Fix Your Nose Job
- Revision Rhinoplasty Toronto Info
- Should You Trust Your Primary Surgeon for a Revision Rhinoplasty?
- Subtle Signs You May Need A Revision Rhinoplasty
- The Revision Rhinoplasty Risks You Should Be Aware Of
- The Ultimate Guide To Planning Your Revision Rhinoplasty In Toronto
- Tips for Recovery from a Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- What is Revision Rhinoplasty?
- Who is a Candidate for Revision Rhinoplasty?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.