Who is a Candidate for Revision Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty can significantly improve the functionality and appearance of a patient’s nose
While rhinoplasty can dramatically improving their self-esteem and quality of life, it is one of the most difficult cosmetic procedures to perform. As a result, approximately 10% of patients who have undergone primary rhinoplasty ultimately decide to pursue a second rhinoplasty, called revision rhinoplasty. Due to the highly complex nature of the procedure, a number of factors should be taken into consideration when determining whether a patient is a good candidate for secondary rhinoplasty. Regardless of the reason for your revision rhinoplasty, it is important to wait at least a year before undergoing a second procedure. This gives your nose sufficient time to heal.
Revision rhinoplasty can help you achieve your desired results
Complications during primary rhinoplasty
In some instances, patients seek revision rhinoplasty due to complications from their previous surgery. Complications may include infection, a reaction to anesthesia, rejection of implants or grafts, poor wound healing or excessive scarring, nasal septal perforation, or even the collapse of internal nasal structures. If you experienced complications because of your primary rhinoplasty, Dr. Torgerson is the best facial surgery expert to evaluate your individual circumstances to determine safety related to a second procedure. It is crucial that you are aware of all of the potential risks and complications before moving forward with revision rhinoplasty. To minimize the risks of further complications, it is critical that a highly qualified, experienced rhinoplasty surgeon with a specialty in facial plastic surgery performs your revision procedure.
To ensure the success of the procedure, patients should be in good overall health. Smoking or taking other substances or medications can lead to complications, risking the likelihood of success, so the surgeon will discuss eliminating these influences before planning your procedure.
Secondary rhinoplasty can repair a bent or broken septum to improve your breathing
Results of Primary Rhinoplasty
Most patients who are seeking revision rhinoplasty because they are unhappy with the results of their primary procedure have concerns about the appearance or functionality of the nose. If your nose surgery does not meet your expectations for aesthetic reasons, revision rhinoplasty can help you achieve your desired results. For some patients, this may be a minor tweak to repair a small bump or dent, while for others it may be a more involved surgery that requires reshaping the tip of the nose.
If you are satisfied with the appearance of your nose but have difficulty breathing as a result of your primary rhinoplasty, you are also a good candidate for revision surgery. Secondary rhinoplasty can repair a bent or broken septum or rearrange internal cartilage to improve your breathing.
Expectations of revision rhinoplasty
Candidates must have realistic expectations of what can be achieved with revision rhinoplasty. During your initial consultation, Dr. Torgerson will listen to your concerns, examine your nose carefully, and present a clear surgical plan outlining what can be achieved with the revision surgery. It is important to understand that there are limitations to revision rhinoplasty depending on how the nose was previously operated on. As a result, good candidates should be open and cognizant of the fact that while improvement is the goal, perfection is not realistic.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 5 Things To Consider When Selecting A Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- 9 Important Questions To Ask Your Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- All About Open vs. Closed Revision Rhinoplasty
- Can You Change Perceptions of Attractiveness And Success with A Rhinoplasty in Toronto?
- Choosing the Right Surgeon for Your Revision Rhinoplasty Procedure
- Comparing the Differences Between Your Primary and Revision Rhinoplasty Procedures
- Find Out If You Are A Candidate Prior To Speaking To Your Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- Five Signs You May Want To Consider Seeing A Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- Is It Safe to Undergo a Second Revision Rhinoplasty?
- Not Just Any Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto Can Fix Your Nose Job
- Revision Rhinoplasty Toronto Info
- Should You Trust Your Primary Surgeon for a Revision Rhinoplasty?
- Subtle Signs You May Need A Revision Rhinoplasty
- The Revision Rhinoplasty Risks You Should Be Aware Of
- The Ultimate Guide To Planning Your Revision Rhinoplasty In Toronto
- Tips for Recovery from a Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- What is Revision Rhinoplasty?
- Who is a Candidate for Revision Rhinoplasty?