Subtle Signs You May Need A Revision Rhinoplasty
The following concerns can be addressed with revision surgery.
While many patients are ecstatic about the results of their primary rhinoplasty the moment their cast is removed, others may initially be uncertain or even upset with the outcome. Although it is natural to panic if you are dissatisfied with your new nose, it is important to be patient and wait for the swelling to subside before seeking a revision. The subtle, residual swelling in the nose can take a year to fully resolve. If at least one year has passed and your results do not meet your expectations, secondary rhinoplasty may be necessary to achieve your goals.
For most patients, the goal of rhinoplasty is to improve the overall appearance of the nose, adjusting the size or shape to obtain balanced, aesthetically pleasing results. When successful, this can have a dramatic impact on your confidence and overall quality of life. Conversely, disappointing results may leave you feeling as self-conscious about your nose as you did prior to the procedure, which can be extremely disheartening. If this is the case, a second surgery may be the best course of action, provided your goals for the procedure are realistic. To prevent further disappointment, it is important to select a highly qualified surgeon with a specialty in facial plastic surgery and extensive experience with revision rhinoplasty.
For some patients seeking a revision, the primary rhinoplasty helped them achieve the aesthetic results they were looking for but inadvertently caused problems with the functionality of the nose. Excessive cartilage, a broken or bent septum, septum perforation, or in rare cases, the collapse of internal nasal structures can lead to discomfort as well as difficulty breathing and sleeping. If the functionality of your nose has been impacted by your primary rhinoplasty, your surgeon can determine the cause and develop a plan of action for revision rhinoplasty.
In some instances, complications occur during primary rhinoplasty, which lead patients to seek a secondary surgery. For example, implants or cartilage grafts used to help achieve the desired shape of the nose may move following the procedure, leading to lumpy or uneven results. In addition, small dents or bumps may form on the outside of the nose, which may also require revision surgery. If you experienced complications as a result of your primary rhinoplasty, Dr. Torgerson will evaluate your individual circumstances to determine whether a second procedure can be safely performed to help you achieve the results you are looking for. Regardless of the reason for your interest in revision rhinoplasty, it is crucial to be diligent when selecting your surgeon. The complex nature of secondary rhinoplasty requires extreme skill and precision.
During your consultation with Dr. Torgerson, he will listen to your concerns, examine your nose carefully, and determine whether you are a good candidate for revision rhinoplasty. In addition to providing you with a clear surgical plan and 3D imaging of the anticipated results of the procedure, he will make sure that you are aware of all of the potential risks and complications before moving forward with revision rhinoplasty.
Are You Considering a Nose Job?
There is no time like now! If you have experienced anxiety about the appearance of your nose and have been considering a nose job, why not book a appointment with our expert, Dr. Cory Torgerson, at his Toronto Plastic Surgery Clinic today?
- 5 Things To Consider When Selecting A Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- 9 Important Questions To Ask Your Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- All About Open vs. Closed Revision Rhinoplasty
- Can You Change Perceptions of Attractiveness And Success with A Rhinoplasty in Toronto?
- Choosing the Right Surgeon for Your Revision Rhinoplasty Procedure
- Comparing the Differences Between Your Primary and Revision Rhinoplasty Procedures
- Find Out If You Are A Candidate Prior To Speaking To Your Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- Five Signs You May Want To Consider Seeing A Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- Is It Safe to Undergo a Second Revision Rhinoplasty?
- Not Just Any Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto Can Fix Your Nose Job
- Revision Rhinoplasty Toronto Info
- Should You Trust Your Primary Surgeon for a Revision Rhinoplasty?
- Subtle Signs You May Need A Revision Rhinoplasty
- The Revision Rhinoplasty Risks You Should Be Aware Of
- The Ultimate Guide To Planning Your Revision Rhinoplasty In Toronto
- Tips for Recovery from a Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- What is Revision Rhinoplasty?
- Who is a Candidate for Revision Rhinoplasty?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.