How to Lower the Risks of Revision Rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty is a cosmetic surgery procedure designed to improve the appearance and function of the nose
Revision rhinoplasty targets corrections or improvements to the first procedure when necessary. Because rhinoplasty is one of the most difficult cosmetic surgery procedures to perform, in some instances, dissatisfactory results lead patients to consider additional surgery. Although revision rhinoplasty can yield excellent results, helping patients to finally attain the facial feature harmony and enhancement they didn’t see with the primary rhinoplasty, undergoing a second surgery is not ideal. The following tips will help you prevent the need for secondary rhinoplasty.
Revision rhinoplasty can help you achieve your desired results
Selecting a highly trained surgeon who specializes in facial plastic surgery for your rhinoplasty makes sense. This highly complex area can only be mastered by someone whose training and education is at a much higher level than average in this area and who performs many rhinoplasty surgeries per year. Take your time when selecting your surgeon and never settle for second best. Dr. Torgerson is an expert surgeon with 18 years of post-secondary education and many years of experience in facial reconstruction surgery. Known for both his surgical precision and his artistic approach, Dr. Torgerson’s credentials, expertise, and good judgement make him stand out in this elite field.
To lower the risk of revision rhinoplasty, it is also important to have realistic expectations for your primary rhinoplasty. With any cosmetic surgery, the goal is enhancement, not perfection, and you should be wary of any surgeons that promise you otherwise. To avoid disappointment, it is vital that your surgeon is straightforward in conveying the anticipated outcome.
Secondary rhinoplasty can repair a bent or broken septum to improve your breathing
In addition to choosing a qualified, experienced surgeon, it is imperative that you have open communication with your surgeon. During your consultation, you will have a chance to ask questions about the procedure, recovery, and anticipated results. Be sure that all of your questions are answered clearly and that you understand all potential risks and complications of the surgery. Most importantly, be sure to speak honestly about what you hope to achieve. A good surgeon will listen carefully to your goals for the procedure and explain exactly what can realistically be achieved. They should set clear, attainable objectives for the surgery, thereby preventing misunderstanding.
During your initial, private consultation, Dr. Torgerson will listen to your concerns and answer any questions you may have. After carefully examining your nose, he will provide you with a comprehensive plan of action so you know exactly what to expect. VECTRA 3D imaging will be used to provide you with a realistic preview of the results, ensuring that your goals are achievable and that everyone is on the same page.
To ensure that your primary rhinoplasty is a success, be careful to follow all pre- and post-operative instructions carefully. Dr. Torgerson will clearly outline each stage of the procedure with you ahead of time so you know exactly what to expect before, during, and after the procedure. To achieve the best possible results, it is imperative that you allow yourself sufficient time to heal. Schedule 1 to 2 weeks of downtime following the procedure and take great care throughout the healing process to avoid bumping or blowing your nose, as it will be very delicate for the first few months.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 5 Things To Consider When Selecting A Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- 9 Important Questions To Ask Your Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- All About Open vs. Closed Revision Rhinoplasty
- Can You Change Perceptions of Attractiveness And Success with A Rhinoplasty in Toronto?
- Choosing the Right Surgeon for Your Revision Rhinoplasty Procedure
- Comparing the Differences Between Your Primary and Revision Rhinoplasty Procedures
- Find Out If You Are A Candidate Prior To Speaking To Your Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- Five Signs You May Want To Consider Seeing A Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- Is It Safe to Undergo a Second Revision Rhinoplasty?
- Not Just Any Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto Can Fix Your Nose Job
- Revision Rhinoplasty Toronto Info
- Should You Trust Your Primary Surgeon for a Revision Rhinoplasty?
- Subtle Signs You May Need A Revision Rhinoplasty
- The Revision Rhinoplasty Risks You Should Be Aware Of
- The Ultimate Guide To Planning Your Revision Rhinoplasty In Toronto
- Tips for Recovery from a Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- What is Revision Rhinoplasty?
- Who is a Candidate for Revision Rhinoplasty?