Revision Rhinoplasty – Toronto Guide for 2019
Revision rhinoplasty, also known as secondary rhinoplasty is used to improve results from nose surgery which was unsuccessful or unsatisfying.
Secondary rhinoplasty is one of the more complicated facial plastic surgeries since it requires the rebuilding of tissue in an altered nose. A revision rhinoplasty surgeon must have the skill to manipulate scar tissue from previous surgeries and the aesthetic sense to restore facial harmony. Therefore, it’s essential to seek the advice of a specialist who is highly regarded in the field of facial surgery. Entrusting someone unfamiliar with revision complexities may lead to additional damage.
A Top Facial Surgeon
Revision Rhinoplasty With a Skilled Facial Plastic Surgeon
When considering revision rhinoplasty, be sure to consult with a specialist in Facial Plastic Surgery, rather than general plastic surgery. A thorough understanding of this complex facial feature ensures results are aesthetically pleasing. Dr. Torgerson is uniquely positioned to perform nasal surgery, having the highest level of accreditation in Canada, an M.D, a PH. D and FRCSC (Fellow of The Royal College of Physicians of Canada). Dr. Torgerson performed his residency in Otolaryngology, which is Ear Nose and Throat Surgery, then trained in facial surgery through the University of Toronto’s elite fellowship program. He also serves as associate faculty in the division of facial plastic surgery at The University of Toronto. With specialized knowledge of facial anatomy, Dr. Torgerson has in-depth knowledge of functionality as well as aesthetic harmony of features. Since establishing his private practice, Dr. Torgerson has built one of the highest reputations as a top facial surgeon, performing revision work regularly.
Revision Rhinoplasty- Why is it Necessary?
- Nasal airway obstruction
- Collapse of cartilage or nasal bones
- Artificial appearance to nose in relationship to other facial features
- Internal and external nasal valve collapse
- Worsened asymmetry and/or appearance
- Over reduction or inadequate reduction of dorsal height (bridge height/hump)
- Incomplete shaping / insufficient result
- Inadequate or exaggerated tip projection
- Overly narrowed/pinched nasal tip
- Excessive scarring (thickened scar tissue)
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
What to Expect When Planning Rhinoplasty
Revision rhinoplasty in Toronto involves many factors, so a consultation is the first crucial step. You’ll share concerns while your surgeon determines the extent of work required. Skin thickness, tissue alteration and re-building needed all affect your surgical plan. Dr. Torgerson’s patients love using the VECTRA 3D imaging system which produces a 3D picture of expected results. Unique expertise is required to understand the anatomical causes of dissatisfactory results. The best rhinoplasty surgeons know that nose job issues may be functional, aesthetic, or both. Dr. Torgerson ensures patients are fully informed, comfortable and confident with their expectations.
Undergoing Revision Rhinoplasty
Revision rhinoplasty mirrors primary nose shaping. However, there are different techniques used to rebuild and sculpt the underlying form. For instance, precise craftsmanship restores natural proportions and reverses a pinched or collapsed appearance. Improving breathing may also require skilled reconstruction. Rebuilding nose strength and shape is complicated by the amount of tissue removed previously. The surgeon works with remaining bone and cartilage, andy tough scar tissue. Therefore, when too much tissue has been removed, revision nose jobs are more challenging. Sometimes grafts are used to strengthen and support the nose shape. Nasal implants or grafts can be taken from the patient’s septum, ear cartilage, or rib cartilage, but synthetic materials are also used. Patients will wear a cast for one week, and swelling usually subsides by two weeks. It will take a few months for the internal nose tissue to settle. That means you can expect subtle, progressive improvements to appear throughout your recovery.
What to Expect After The Surgery
Secondary nasal surgery is one of the more complicated surgical procedures, yet its results can be the most satisfying. With areas of weakness strengthened, flaws repaired, and natural shape restored, the patient emerges with a renewed sense of confidence. Likewise, breathing with ease enhances overall wellbeing and alleviates some health concerns. Dr. Torgerson has performed numerous successful revisions. As a top facial plastic surgeon devoted to head and neck procedures, his patients can be confident they’re in the skilled hands of an accomplished expert.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
- Who is a Candidate for Revision Rhinoplasty?
- What is Revision Rhinoplasty?
- Tips for Recovery from a Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- The Revision Rhinoplasty Risks You Should Be Aware Of
- The Ultimate Guide To Planning Your Revision Rhinoplasty In Toronto
- Subtle Signs You May Need A Revision Rhinoplasty
- Should You Trust Your Primary Surgeon for a Revision Rhinoplasty?
- Revision Rhinoplasty Toronto Info
- Not Just Any Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto Can Fix Your Nose Job
- Is It Safe to Undergo a Second Revision Rhinoplasty?
- Find Out If You Are A Candidate Prior To Speaking To Your Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- Five Signs You May Want To Consider Seeing A Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- Choosing the Right Surgeon for Your Revision Rhinoplasty Procedure
- Comparing the Differences Between Your Primary and Revision Rhinoplasty Procedures
- Can You Change Perceptions of Attractiveness And Success with A Rhinoplasty in Toronto?
- All About Open vs. Closed Revision Rhinoplasty
- 5 Things To Consider When Selecting A Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- 9 Important Questions To Ask Your Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.