What Are the Benefits of the Fotona Laser in Gynecology?
The Fotona laser system is a remarkably versatile, state-of-the-art system that can be used to treat a wide array of concerns such as acne, stretch marks, snoring, and nail fungus – just to name a few
In addition, Dr. Torgerson’s Toronto Laser Clinic is one of the first centres to use the Fotona laser for gynaecology treatments to gently and effectively treat multiple conditions like stress urinary incontinence (SUI) and vaginal laxity after childbirth. The Fotona laser is widely acclaimed due to its numerous benefits, including its high performance and the wide range of conditions it can treat.
As an industry leader in laser technology for over 45 years, Fotona has pioneered countless medical and cosmetic applications for their devices. In fact, Fotona has the distinction of being the first to introduce the Er:YAG wavelength laser for use in the field of gynaecology, improving upon the CO2 laser’s performance. In addition, the FotonaSmooth SP lasers have multiple applications because the Nd:YAG laser wavelength is homogenously absorbed into target tissues, which allows it to reach deep and create a tightening effect. As a result, it is an effective gynaecology treatment that is used for both clinical and aesthetic concerns.
Range of treatments
One of the most beneficial aspects of Fotona lasers is their versatility. They can be used for ablative or non-ablative procedures ranging in strength and outcome while customizable for delicate tissues such as the vaginal mucous membranes. Fotona lasers are proven to be safe, gentle, and effective, thus they can be used to treat a range of conditions like HPV lesions in the cervix, balanitis, and condyloma. In addition, as a result of the development of the innovative gynecological suite of specialized lasers (including Incontilase™ and Intimilase™), the Fotona laser can treat SUI, vaginal relaxation syndrome, and even prolapse issues.
Minimally invasive treatments
Unlike the surgical alternatives, the minimally invasive Fotona laser treatment is extremely gentle and thus does not pose the same risks and complications as surgery can. As a result, gynecological conditions such as SUI or vaginal dryness can be effectively treated in as little as 15 to 20 minutes.
Fast results with no downtime
While surgical procedures often require at least one week of downtime and carry risk of infection or bleeding, Fotona laser treatments do not involve incisions or stitches. Therefore, they require no downtime. In fact, patients can be in and out of the clinic in less than an hour and can immediately resume normal day-to-day activities. In most cases, depending on the condition being treated, only 1 to 2 treatments are necessary.
Precise treatment in difficult-to-reach areas
The Fotona laser is also valued for its ability to precisely treat the targeted area. For example, when treating incontinence issues, the vaginal laser piece is inserted into the vagina to reach the target areas, stimulating the production of collagen in both the urethra and vaginal wall.
The Fotona laser is an excellent, minimally invasive option for a number of gynecological conditions. To learn more about the various benefits of laser gynaecology treatments, please contact Dr. Cory Torgerson’s Toronto Facial Plastic Surgery & Laser Clinic to schedule a consultation.
- Are You A Candidate for Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation?
- Choosing the Right Practitioner for Your Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatment
- Do Vaginal Laser Treatments Hurt?
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- How Are the Most Popular Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatments Different from One Another?
- How Menopause Affects the Female Body
- Incontinence Treatment Using Fotona Laser Technology
- Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation: What Is It and How Does it Work?
- Reasons to Consider Vaginal Rejuvenation Therapy
- Surgical and Non-Surgical Options for Your Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatment
- The Effects of Vaginal Childbirth
- Treatment Options for Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Using Laser Treatments for Vaginal Tightening Without Surgery
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Vaginal Dryness: Symptoms, Causes, and Remedies
- Vaginal Rejuvenation With Laser and Without Laser
- What Are the Benefits of the Fotona Laser in Gynecology?
- What’s the Difference Between the IntimaLase Procedure and the IncontiLase Procedure?
- Who Are Ideal Candidates for Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatments?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.