Surgical and Non-Surgical Options for Your Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatment
Vaginal rejuvenation is a broad term that encompasses many different procedures or treatments aimed at restoring desired appearance, complete wellness, and health to a woman’s vaginal region.
Many women experience vaginal atrophy or vaginal laxity because of multiple childbirth deliveries, menopause, injuries, and chemotherapy treatment, which can all weaken the vaginal wall and muscles. These conditions lead to problems such as urinary incontinence, discomfort, and lack of sexual gratification.
Here, we will provide a brief overview of the diverse types of surgical and non-surgical treatments available for women who are seeking to improve their vaginal health and function. For women who have tried pelvic floor exercises such as Kegels and find that the results were not enough to solve their issues, a discussion with an experienced medical professional is a great next step.
Surgical Procedures Include the Following
- Posterior colporrhaphy which is also termed posterior repair, is a surgical technique used to repair prolapse or herniation of the rectum through the vaginal floor. The procedure helps reduce or eliminate defecatory complications but does not improve the vaginal tightness.
- Perineoplasty, also known as perineorrhaphy, is a surgical reconstruction procedure for aesthetic goals. It focuses on improving the appearance of the perineum, which is the area between the vaginal opening and anus, vulvar vestibule, and outermost portion of the vagina.
Vaginoplasty is the surgical procedure for the mid/inner to mid/outer portion of the vaginal floor that can fix many different issues. Stretched levator muscles can be pulled closer together, weak fibrous fascial planes can be strengthened, non-viable scar tissue from vaginal childbirth can be excised, and most importantly, the loosened musculature and increased diameters of the vaginal canal can be tightened in the mid-vagina area. This surgery improves sexual gratification because its end results lead to an increase in friction and the stretching of the internal and external clitoral receptors involved in orgasmic pleasure.
Non-surgical laser rejuvenation is fast becoming the most popular choice. Aside from invasive surgeries that require general anesthesia, sutures, and longer recovery periods, there are also non-surgical alternatives for vaginal rejuvenation that are only minimally invasive. The industry’s latest laser technology can now provide comparable results to a vaginoplasty without the discomfort. Although some lasers do cut the vaginal wall, many innovative laser technologies are now able to tighten the vaginal wall and muscles without damaging tissue or causing any discomfort.
The Fotona range of gynecology treatments include the RenovaLase and IntimaLase lasers, which gently but effectively stimulate new collagen and elastin to tighten and improve vaginal tone. They thermally stimulate fibroblasts, and the measurable results include the healthy regeneration of tone, structural support, lubrication, and tightness. The advantages of this non-surgical process for vaginal rejuvenation are plenty, including less pain and no recovery time for healing.
If you are interested in learning more about both surgical and non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation treatments, we invite you to schedule a private consultation with one of our female laser nurses, who will listen to your concerns and goals in order to recommend the right treatment for you.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Are You A Candidate for Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation?
- Choosing the Right Practitioner for Your Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatment
- Do Vaginal Laser Treatments Hurt?
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- How Are the Most Popular Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatments Different from One Another?
- How Menopause Affects the Female Body
- Incontinence Treatment Using Fotona Laser Technology
- Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation: What Is It and How Does it Work?
- Reasons to Consider Vaginal Rejuvenation Therapy
- Surgical and Non-Surgical Options for Your Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatment
- The Effects of Vaginal Childbirth
- Treatment Options for Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Using Laser Treatments for Vaginal Tightening Without Surgery
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Vaginal Dryness: Symptoms, Causes, and Remedies
- Vaginal Rejuvenation With Laser and Without Laser
- What Are the Benefits of the Fotona Laser in Gynecology?
- What’s the Difference Between the IntimaLase Procedure and the IncontiLase Procedure?
- Who Are Ideal Candidates for Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatments?