Surgical and Non-Surgical Options for Your Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatment
Vaginal rejuvenation is a broad term that encompasses many different procedures or treatments aimed at restoring desired appearance, complete wellness, and health to a woman’s vaginal region.
Many women experience vaginal atrophy or vaginal laxity because of multiple childbirth deliveries, menopause, injuries, and chemotherapy treatment, which can all weaken the vaginal wall and muscles. These conditions lead to problems such as urinary incontinence, discomfort, and lack of sexual gratification.
Here, we will provide a brief overview of the diverse types of surgical and non-surgical treatments available for women who are seeking to improve their vaginal health and function. For women who have tried pelvic floor exercises such as Kegels and find that the results were not enough to solve their issues, a discussion with an experienced gynaecologist is a great next step.
Surgical Procedures Include The Following
- Posterior colporrhaphy which is also termed posterior repair, is a surgical technique used to repair prolapse or herniation of the rectum through the vaginal floor. The procedure helps reduce or eliminate defecatory complications but does not improve the vaginal tightness.
- Perineoplasty, also known as perineorrhaphy, is a surgical reconstruction procedure for aesthetic goals. It focuses on improving the appearance of the perineum, which is the area between the vaginal opening and anus, vulvar vestibule, and outermost portion of the vagina.
Vaginoplasty is the surgical procedure for the mid/inner to mid/outer portion of the vaginal floor that can fix many different issues. Stretched levator muscles can be pulled closer together, weak fibrous fascial planes can be strengthened, non-viable scar tissue from vaginal childbirth can be excised, and most importantly, the loosened musculature and increased diameters of the vaginal canal can be tightened in the mid-vagina area. This surgery improves sexual gratification because its end results lead to an increase in friction and the stretching of the internal and external clitoral receptors involved in orgasmic pleasure.
Non-surgical laser rejuvenation is fast becoming the most popular choice. Aside from invasive surgeries that require general anesthesia, sutures, and longer recovery periods, there are also non-surgical alternatives for vaginal rejuvenation that are only minimally invasive. The industry’s latest laser technology can now provide comparable results to a vaginoplasty without the discomfort. Although some lasers do cut the vaginal wall, many innovative laser technologies are now able to tighten the vaginal wall and muscles without damaging tissue or causing any discomfort.
The Fotona range of gynecology treatments include the RenovaLase and IntimaLase lasers, which gently but effectively stimulate new collagen and elastin to tighten and improve vaginal tone. They thermally stimulate fibroblasts, and the measurable results include the healthy regeneration of tone, structural support, lubrication, and tightness. The advantages of this non-surgical process for vaginal rejuvenation are plenty, including less pain and no recovery time for healing.
If you are interested in learning more about both surgical and non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation treatments, we invite you to schedule a private consultation with our female surgeon and gynecologist, Dr. Colleen McDermott. She will listen to your concerns and goals in order to recommend the right treatment for you.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Who Are Ideal Candidates for Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatments?
- What’s the Difference Between the IntimaLase Procedure and the IncontiLase Procedure?
- Vaginal Rejuvenation With Laser And Without Laser
- Vaginal Dryness: Symptoms, Causes, and Remedies
- What Are the Benefits of the Fotona Laser in Gynecology?
- Using Laser Treatments For Vaginal Tightening Without Surgery
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Treatment Options For Stress Urinary Incontinence
- The Effects of Vaginal Childbirth
- Surgical And Non-Surgical Options For Your Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatment
- Reasons to Consider Vaginal Rejuvenation Therapy
- Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation: What Is It and How Does it Work?
- Incontinence Treatment Using Fotona Laser Technology
- How Menopause Affects the Female Body
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- How Are the Most Popular Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatments Different from One Another?
- Do Vaginal Laser Treatments Hurt?
- Choosing The Right Practitioner For Your Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatment
- Are You A Candidate For Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.