Vaginal Rejuvenation With Laser and Without Laser
A woman’s health and well-being can be largely influenced by the physiological state of her reproductive and sexual organs
Due to life events such as childbirth or menopause or due to medication or medical treatments, a woman may notice uncomfortable and unwanted changes. She may wish to consider what her options are for intimate rejuvenation. In many cases, problems such as stress urinary incontinence (SUI), vaginal atrophy, laxity, dryness, discomfort, and sexual dissatisfaction are believed to be inevitable and untreatable, but the good news is that an experienced medical professional can offer effective surgical or non-surgical solutions.
Vaginal rejuvenation is a broad term for a range of female genital plastic surgery and non-surgical treatments that restore the vaginal canal to its optimal function and improve the function of surrounding tissues. The cosmetic appearance of the vulva, including labia, can be changed through surgical and non-surgical technology involving the use of lasers or a surgeon’s scalpel.
To date, there are many different methods of vaginal rejuvenation. The most recent advances in technology have developed non-ablative laser devices such as the Fotona line of gynecological lasers, which require no cutting, bleeding, pain, or scars. The gentle, thermal photo energy is specially designed for the delicate mucous membranes and sensitive vaginal tissue.
The small inserted device emits fast, short pulses of light to target areas in and around the vagina. Thermal energy triggers fibroblasts to generate new collagen and elastin fibres, thickening tissue, improving circulation, and increasing moisture and muscle tone. The treatment sessions are quite short, typically lasting 15 minutes. Just two sessions are usually recommended to appreciate full benefits. One of the greatest advantages to this non-invasive treatment is that there is no downtime, so patients are able to return to their normal lifestyles immediately after treatment. Some examples of laser-based systems currently available on the market are carbon dioxide fractionated lasers such as FemiLift, MonaLisa Touch, and IntimaLase by Fotona.
A more traditional method of vaginal rejuvenation uses surgical incisions and the manual tightening of tissue. Commonly, treatment will be customized for each individual based on their condition and their goals. As with laser treatment, surgical procedures serve to improve vaginal form and function through tightening lax tissues and reinforcing supporting muscles and ligaments. Excisional surgery can also remove excess labia minora and vulvar tissue. Fat grafting or liposuction surgery is also popular for reshaping the vulva. Internal vaginal surgery typically involves general anesthetic and longer recovery time to safely heal. The inherent risks associated with any surgical procedure such as infection, bleeding, or scarring will be discussed with your surgeon when planning your procedure.
After surgical vaginal rejuvenation procedures, patients can typically return to work anywhere between 3 days and 2 weeks, and they can resume sexual intercourse after 6 weeks of healing.
To find out more about vaginal rejuvenation options with or without lasers, please schedule a private consultation with one of our laser nurses at the Torgerson Clinic. They will be happy to discuss all available options with you and can help determine the best next steps for you.
- Are You A Candidate for Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation?
- Choosing the Right Practitioner for Your Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatment
- Do Vaginal Laser Treatments Hurt?
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- How Are the Most Popular Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatments Different from One Another?
- How Menopause Affects the Female Body
- Incontinence Treatment Using Fotona Laser Technology
- Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation: What Is It and How Does it Work?
- Reasons to Consider Vaginal Rejuvenation Therapy
- Surgical and Non-Surgical Options for Your Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatment
- The Effects of Vaginal Childbirth
- Treatment Options for Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Using Laser Treatments for Vaginal Tightening Without Surgery
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Vaginal Dryness: Symptoms, Causes, and Remedies
- Vaginal Rejuvenation With Laser and Without Laser
- What Are the Benefits of the Fotona Laser in Gynecology?
- What’s the Difference Between the IntimaLase Procedure and the IncontiLase Procedure?
- Who Are Ideal Candidates for Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatments?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.