Do Vaginal Laser Treatments Hurt?
Understandably, one of the most frequently asked questions by patients considering vaginal laser treatment is “Does it hurt?”
Dr. Cory Torgerson’s renowned Yorkville clinic offers a variety of laser gynaecology treatments to address a number of common concerns such as vaginal laser hair removal, stress urinary incontinence (SUI), laser vulva rejuvenation, laser vaginal lightening, vaginal dryness, itching and atrophy, vaginal laxity, laser labiaplasty, and pelvic floor improvement. While each patient has their own unique tolerance for pain, most find vaginal laser treatments very tolerable due to the following factors.
They Are Minimally Invasive
Fotona Smooth Mode is a leading-edge erbium laser designed specifically to treat the female anatomy. Accordingly, the small insertion piece is extremely gentle, and the laser itself is typically described as comfortable or “warm”. A numbing cream may be applied to the treatment area prior to the procedure to minimize any discomfort. While some patients experience slight irritation or a tingling sensation in the vaginal area during the treatment, many patients describe it as comparable to the snapping of a rubber band. The skin will not be cut or burned because this special laser is designed to gently treat the delicate feminine tissue.
In addition, depending on the goal of the treatment, the procedure can often be completed in as little as 10 to 20 minutes due to the precise nature of the Fotona laser. So any pain experienced is temporary. Patients who are worried about the possibility of pain during the treatment may take a mild pain medication such as Tylenol 30 minutes prior to the treatment. However, ibuprofen (Advil) should be avoided, as it may lead to bruising.
No Downtime Is Required
Unlike surgical alternatives, which require incisions, sutures, and a lengthy recovery time, vaginal laser treatments require no downtime. Therefore, there is no painful recovery period after the procedure or need for pain medications and antibiotics.
Although some patients experience minor discomfort as a result of vaginal laser treatments, this is quite temporary. Because results can restore self-esteem and improve quality of life, the temporary discomfort experienced is usually described as “well worth it”.
Unfortunately, due to the personal nature of conditions such as SUI and vaginal dryness, itching, and atrophy or laxity, many women suffer in silence rather than seeking help for these medical conditions. We understand how troubling intimate concerns can be, and we have experienced female laser nurses on our elite team waiting to meet you. If you are interested in learning more about gynaecology treatments with the state-of-the-art Fotona Smooth Mode laser, please contact our clinic today to schedule a consultation.
You will be kept comfortable throughout the procedure
The innovative Fotona Smooth Mode allows the practitioner to carefully customize the laser to their patient’s individual requirements. As a result, the laser can be modified to ensure that you are kept comfortable throughout the procedure. The incredibly precise applicator allows the practitioner to accurately target the treatment area without causing damage to the surrounding skin. Thus, while the Er:YAG laser creates tiny micro-injuries to the skin and stimulates collagen and elastin formation, it does not result in excess thermal conduction to surrounding areas.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Are You A Candidate for Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation?
- Choosing the Right Practitioner for Your Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatment
- Do Vaginal Laser Treatments Hurt?
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- How Are the Most Popular Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatments Different from One Another?
- How Menopause Affects the Female Body
- Incontinence Treatment Using Fotona Laser Technology
- Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation: What Is It and How Does it Work?
- Reasons to Consider Vaginal Rejuvenation Therapy
- Surgical and Non-Surgical Options for Your Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatment
- The Effects of Vaginal Childbirth
- Treatment Options for Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Using Laser Treatments for Vaginal Tightening Without Surgery
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Vaginal Dryness: Symptoms, Causes, and Remedies
- Vaginal Rejuvenation With Laser and Without Laser
- What Are the Benefits of the Fotona Laser in Gynecology?
- What’s the Difference Between the IntimaLase Procedure and the IncontiLase Procedure?
- Who Are Ideal Candidates for Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatments?