Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
Approximately 1 in 5 women over the age of 40 suffer from stress urinary incontinence (SUI), which can have a tremendous impact on their day-to-day life
If you suffer from SUI, also referred to as involuntary urination, you are likely searching for a solution. Although this condition is very common, particularly among women, it can be a source of great embarrassment and stress, as it is often triggered by everyday activities like exercise, laughing, sneezing, and coughing. Luckily, there is a new, extremely efficient treatment option. Dr. Torgerson is proud to offer IncontiLase™, a safe, non-surgical gynaecology treatment, which can effectively treat SUI.
What is Incontilase™?
Incontilase™ is an innovative and minimally invasive laser treatment option designed to treat mild to moderate SUI. This non-surgical laser solution can be completed in as little as 15 to 20 minutes and requires no incisions, stitches, or downtime. As such, it is extremely safe and effective.
How does the procedure work?
IncontiLase™ uses the Fotona 2940 nm Er:YAG’s Smooth Mode technology to thermally affect the vaginal tissue, encouraging the development of new collagen fibres. A small,carefully designed vaginal laser piece is inserted into the vagina to target both the area around the urethra and the anterior vaginal wall. In doing so, it stimulates collagen production, thereby thickening and tightening the urethra and vaginal wall. As a result, new tissue naturally develops, restoring support to the bladder.
What are the results of this procedure?
This procedure shrinks and tightens the vaginal mucosa tissue, resulting in greater support and control of the bladder. When urinary continence is regained, patients also get back their confidence because they no longer have to worry about embarrassment from involuntary urination.
Although this is a new treatment option, clinical studies reveal that 120 days after IncontiLase™ treatment, 94% of patients still reported an improvement of symptoms and 68% were symptom-free. In addition, 70% of patients claimed to be dry after just 120 days.
Is it painful?
Although each patient has their own tolerance for pain, the Incontilase™ is typically very well tolerated, as most women describe it as virtually painless. However, some patients experience mild discomfort or an itching sensation in the vaginal area during the treatment.
Unlike more invasive treatment options, this laser solution does not require incisions, bleeding, or sutures, so the recovery time is minimal and does not necessitate pain medication or antibiotics. You can return to most regular activities right away, and this procedure is quick, so fitting it into your busy day won’t be a problem.
How many treatments are required?
In many cases, patients see impressive results after only one treatment. However, some women require 2 sessions to reduce mild to moderate SUI.
Incontilase™ is an effective gynaecology treatment for patients seeking an alternative to more invasive surgical options for stress urinary incontinence. To learn more about this laser solution or to determine your eligibility for this procedure, please contact our clinic today to schedule a consultation with our team’s expert female gynecologist. Incontilase™ can help you regain control of your life, which can have a tremendous impact on your confidence and self-esteem.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Are You A Candidate for Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation?
- Choosing the Right Practitioner for Your Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatment
- Do Vaginal Laser Treatments Hurt?
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- How Are the Most Popular Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatments Different from One Another?
- How Menopause Affects the Female Body
- Incontinence Treatment Using Fotona Laser Technology
- Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation: What Is It and How Does it Work?
- Reasons to Consider Vaginal Rejuvenation Therapy
- Surgical and Non-Surgical Options for Your Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatment
- The Effects of Vaginal Childbirth
- Treatment Options for Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Using Laser Treatments for Vaginal Tightening Without Surgery
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Vaginal Dryness: Symptoms, Causes, and Remedies
- Vaginal Rejuvenation With Laser and Without Laser
- What Are the Benefits of the Fotona Laser in Gynecology?
- What’s the Difference Between the IntimaLase Procedure and the IncontiLase Procedure?
- Who Are Ideal Candidates for Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatments?