Choosing the Right Practitioner for Your Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatment
Planning for a vaginal rejuvenation treatment is a major step towards improving health and well-being.
For such a personal and important decision, you’ll need the guidance of a qualified and experienced practitioner, but you’ll also want to feel comfortable and trust the doctor who is treating you. Compromise in these areas may lead to a negative experience and/or undesirable results from your procedure. When seeking the right practitioner to work with, many patients question whether to choose a gynecologist or a plastic surgeon. A surgical vaginal rejuvenation procedure can certainly improve cosmetic appearance like other plastic surgery, yet these are the body parts that gynecologists are most familiar with. So which medical specialist is best?
The answer isn’t simple, because gynaecologists and plastic surgeons may have different training and specialties. Not all gynecologists perform vaginal rejuvenation procedures regularly. Instead, some focus on cancer care, screening, hormonal problems, urinary tract, and pelvic disorders. As with any specialty, the surgeon who focuses on your treatment area and has the most experience with it is the one whose skill and expertise you can trust. A general plastic surgeon will present similarly. Some plastic surgeons will perform a wide array of procedures, but many choose to focus on the areas where they are the most skilled and experienced. There is great diversity and depth of training in various areas of cosmetic surgery.
A plastic surgeon who has trained extensively in facial, head, and neck surgery and works in this area regularly would be an ideal choice for a face lift. A cosmetic gynecological surgeon who has intensive knowledge and training as well as procedural experience in their specific area is an ideal choice for vaginal rejuvenation procedures.
A cosmetic gynecologic surgeon is a doctor who specializes in the field of aesthetic vaginal surgery. These surgeons will have performed numerous vaginal rejuvenation procedures and perfected their expertise, familiarity, and artistry working on complex, delicate vaginal structures and the surrounding tissue. An experienced practitioner in the field of cosmetic gynecology will have the latest surgical and non-surgical techniques to provide the optimal aesthetic and functional results. They also know women’s physiology better than anyone.
When visiting different specialists, here are some tips to help determine the best qualified cosmetic gynaecologic surgeon:
- Always ask for a verification of their credentials. Ensuring that they meet the professional standards of practice required by medical boards is a great way to know that they are properly trained.
- Consider the number of vaginal rejuvenation procedures completed. Hundreds and thousands of vaginal rejuvenation procedures will indicate experience and expertise with the procedures. After all, practice makes perfect.
- Review their work. Examining any before and after photos provided can give a sense of the “look” that they achieve most often.
- Request patient testimonials. Hearing feedback from previous patients can speak to the doctor-patient relationship and the follow-up care provided. It can also help ease your mind about the procedure.
If you are researching vaginal rejuvenation procedures, we welcome you to schedule a meeting with the Torgerson clinic’s female laser nurses. They will be happy to speak with you about their qualifications/experience and how they can help you achieve the results you want from a vaginal rejuvenation.
- Are You A Candidate for Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation?
- Choosing the Right Practitioner for Your Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatment
- Do Vaginal Laser Treatments Hurt?
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- How Are the Most Popular Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatments Different from One Another?
- How Menopause Affects the Female Body
- Incontinence Treatment Using Fotona Laser Technology
- Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation: What Is It and How Does it Work?
- Reasons to Consider Vaginal Rejuvenation Therapy
- Surgical and Non-Surgical Options for Your Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatment
- The Effects of Vaginal Childbirth
- Treatment Options for Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Using Laser Treatments for Vaginal Tightening Without Surgery
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Vaginal Dryness: Symptoms, Causes, and Remedies
- Vaginal Rejuvenation With Laser and Without Laser
- What Are the Benefits of the Fotona Laser in Gynecology?
- What’s the Difference Between the IntimaLase Procedure and the IncontiLase Procedure?
- Who Are Ideal Candidates for Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatments?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.