What’s the Difference Between the IntimaLase Procedure and the IncontiLase Procedure?
Urinary incontinence and vaginal atrophy are both frequent health concerns that affect the well-being of women throughout the natural aging process and after childbirth
Many women experience uncomfortable symptoms such as itchiness, dryness, urine leakage, and vaginal laxity that negatively impact their quality of life and intimate relationships.
Vaginal rejuvenation is an umbrella term for the treatments available for correcting these health issues. A new revolution in therapeutic technologies has produced minimally invasive, pain-free, and quick laser treatments that can solve these intimate issues and restore healthy function.
The innovation in non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation treatment is a laser-based technology developed by Fotona. This alternative laser system is called FotonaSmooth, and via a wide range of gynecological procedures, it has been shown to successfully improve vaginal health without the need for incisions or the invasiveness of surgery. The FotonaSmooth system includes many specialized treatments such as IncontiLase and IntimaLase.
IncontiLase is a laser treatment protocol for treating stress urinary incontinence (SUI). The unintended leakage of urine during coughs, sneezes, laughs, and/or physical exertion is often due to weakened muscles of the pelvic floor region after vaginal childbirth, weight gain, or menopause. Without incisions or any significant recovery process, the procedure uses the targeted thermal energy to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin in the vaginal tissues. The resulting synthesis of collagen fibres in the urethral orifice and along the targeted vaginal wall shrinks and tightens the vaginal tissue, leading to improved support of the bladder and resumed control over urination. The results are nearly instant, and patients report long-term results.
Latest Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
IntimaLase is the latest non-surgical laser treatment for treating vaginal relaxation syndrome, which is characterized by laxity of the vaginal wall. Women suffering from this health issue typically experience vaginal atrophy or thinning vaginal walls and decreased sexual gratification because of friction loss and vaginal dryness. This laser technology offers a pain-free treatment with accuracy and precision for overstretched vaginal tissues caused by childbirth and aging. Similar in process and concept to IncontiLase, IntimaLase does not require anesthesia or any major pre- and/or post-treatment considerations. It works by stimulating new collagen production that allows for the remodelling of the vaginal tissue and the tightening of the vaginal canal. Mucous membranes improve function and moisture production shortly after treatment. Patients report a marked increase in vaginal tightness. Both procedures are based on the photothermal heating effect on collagen in the vaginal walls and/or urethra. The target areas of the vagina and urethra show thickened muscle and mucosal tissue. Supporting structural tissues, once tightened and strengthened, will support the bladder, urethra, and vagina.
IncontiLase and IntimaLase are simple, quick, non-surgical procedures. During either treatment, a small attachment is inserted into the vagina. It emits short laser pulses to the regions requiring attention and care. This fast treatment is a highly effective and safe alternative to traditional vaginoplasty techniques.
If you are one of the 40% women who are living with urinary incontinence or the 80% of women who are experiencing vaginal laxity and sexual dissatisfaction, we would like to invite you to make an appointment for a private discussion with one of our laser nurses. You will learn more about Fotona Smooth, the many available gynecological treatments we offer, and the best options to return to your optimal health.
- Are You A Candidate for Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation?
- Choosing the Right Practitioner for Your Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatment
- Do Vaginal Laser Treatments Hurt?
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- How Are the Most Popular Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatments Different from One Another?
- How Menopause Affects the Female Body
- Incontinence Treatment Using Fotona Laser Technology
- Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation: What Is It and How Does it Work?
- Reasons to Consider Vaginal Rejuvenation Therapy
- Surgical and Non-Surgical Options for Your Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatment
- The Effects of Vaginal Childbirth
- Treatment Options for Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Using Laser Treatments for Vaginal Tightening Without Surgery
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Vaginal Dryness: Symptoms, Causes, and Remedies
- Vaginal Rejuvenation With Laser and Without Laser
- What Are the Benefits of the Fotona Laser in Gynecology?
- What’s the Difference Between the IntimaLase Procedure and the IncontiLase Procedure?
- Who Are Ideal Candidates for Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatments?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.