Everything You Need to Know About Microneedling in Toronto
Microneedling is a skin-smoothing treatment that uses tiny, short needles to puncture hundreds of micro-holes in the surface of the skin.
If you have heard about the benefits of microneedling treatment in Toronto, you may have questions about what exactly it is and how it can benefit you. Well, everything you need to know about microneedling in Toronto is below.
The Process of Microneedling
Collagen Induction Therapy
Although it has recently gained popularity, microneedling has actually been around and evolving for over 50 years. The treatment is also known as collagen induction therapy (CIT). Usually the treatment involves the use of a tool called a dermapen, which has tiny needles at the end that make the small punctures in the top layers of skin. There is also another method of microneedling in which a dermaroller is used. The dermaroller is a device that looks like a small paint roller with tiny needles, and it is gently rolled over the surface of the skin.
The process of microneedling triggers the skin cells to rebuild collagen and elastin, thereby producing a tightening effect in the skin, which reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Furthermore, the small punctures that are created allow skincare products to penetrate deeper into the skin and deliver more effective results.
To begin the treatment, a topical anaesthetic is applied to the skin. After this, either a dermapen or a dermaroller is gently rolled over the treatment area to create tiny holes in the surface of the skin. The procedure is quick and typically takes 20 to 30 minutes, depending on the area being treated. Microneedling can be used to treat skin on the face, neck, and hands or, in some cases, even larger areas of the body.
The Treatment Plans
How to Achieve Visible Results
Following the treatment, it is normal to feel a mild burning sensation similar to a sunburn. However, that should subside within a few hours. Although it varies from one case to another, most patients tend to experience some degree of redness or very mild inflammation that subsides within 24 to 48 hours.
After that time, the majority of the skin is healed. Patients who undergo a microneedling treatment in Toronto are usually able to resume their regular skincare and makeup routine within 24 hours.
Although micro needling is typically a safe procedure suitable for most people, there are certain conditions it is not recommended for. For instance, using micro-needling on active acne can be dangerous due to the risk of infection. Waiting until blemishes and acne have subsided is advised before opting for microneedling.
Skin that is irritated or inflamed, especially with conditions such as rosacea or eczema, may not be suitable for microneedling.
To achieve visible results of microneedling, most people need more than one treatment. After the second or third treatment, results are usually more noticeable, as the skin’s texture and tone begin to visibly improve. Treatments are usually spaced 4 to 6 weeks apart with maintenance treatments over the following 6 to 12 months.
Patients who receive Toronto microneedling treatment at Dr. Torgerson’s facial cosmetic surgery clinic are typically able to enjoy a smooth and speedy recovery. Well-known as an industry leader, Dr. Torgerson takes great care to put patient safety first and formulates customized treatment plans keeping this at the forefront.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 3 Age-Defying Benefits of Toronto Microneedling
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- All You Need to Know About Microneedling with Redensity I
- Everything You Need to Know About Microneedling in Toronto
- Here’s What You Need to Know About Cell Regeneration with Toronto Microneedling
- How Does Toronto Microneedling Work to Smooth Facial Lines?
- How Long Do Microneedling Results Last?
- Micro Needling 101
- Micro-Needling and Ethnic Skin Types
- Microneedling and Redensity 1 - The Perfect Skincare Combination
- Microneedling in Toronto: Is It Better than Laser Treatment for Dark Skin?
- Microneedling Toronto
- Microneedling: A Safe Skin Treatment for Ethnic and Darker Skin
- Must-Have Tips for Protecting Your Toronto Microneedling Results
- The Top 4 Benefits of Microneedling in Toronto
- The V2 Beauty Booster - Micro-Needling with Redensity I
- Top Five Reasons to Try Microneedling
- Toronto Microneedling: A Beautiful Complexion Is Just a Roller Away
- V2 Beauty Booster: A Solution for Dull, Dry Skin
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- What Does Microneedling Treatment Really Feel Like?
- What is Microneedling?
- Your Questions About Microneedling Answered!