Must-Have Tips for Protecting Your Toronto Microneedling Results
First touted by celebrities such as Jennifer Aniston and Kim Kardashian for its anti-aging effects, microneedling has since been incorporated into the skin care regime of a variety of women of all ages.
Whether you hope to turn back the hands of time by targeting fine lines and wrinkles or eradicating unsightly sunspots, scarring, or stretch marks, microneedling can safely and effectively treat a wide range of skin concerns. The following must-have tips will help you protect your Toronto microneedling results.
Avoid Sun Exposure
Immediately following your microneedling procedure, it is imperative to avoid sun exposure, as your skin will be susceptible to burning. But sunscreen is not recommended due to the toxins that may be present in the lotion. Because microneedling opens channels in your skin, your skin will absorb any toxins within the sunscreen. Thus, it is necessary to be careful not to expose your skin to the sun.
Avoid “Active Ingredient” Skincare Products
One of the benefits of microneedling in Toronto is that it increases the efficacy of the skin care products you apply by creating micro-channels in your skin, which allow the serums and moisturizers you apply to deeply penetrate the skin. However, immediately after your procedure, it is important to avoid using any products that have “active” ingredients such as alpha hydroxy acids (APA) or retinol, as they may irritate your sensitive skin.
Although it may be difficult, it is crucial to avoid applying makeup for the first 24 hours after your Toronto microneedling procedure to enable your skin to breathe and recover. As mentioned, the skin channels will be open following your procedure, which means that makeup has the potential to penetrate and contaminate the skin, which can result in infections. For optimal results, it is advisable to wait 24 to 48 hours before applying makeup to the treatment area.
Because sweating causes the skin’s pores to reopen, it poses the risk of an infection or a reaction, since bacteria on the skin can enter the holes in the skin. Thus, it is important to avoid physical activities such as exercise that may cause you to sweat for the first 24 to 48 hours after your procedure.
Use collagen-stimulating peptides
Since the goal of microneedling is to encourage collagen production, collagen-stimulating peptides are recommended. They will aid your body in the process, ensuring that the microneedling procedure yields optimal results.
Apply a cooling mask
Although you will be kept comfortable throughout the procedure, microneedling may cause some skin sensitivity or redness. A cooling mask is recommended afterwards to minimize inflammation and redness, ensuring your comfort.
Apply an antioxidant serum
To aid in your skin’s recovery, it is advisable to apply an antioxidant serum due to its healing properties. In addition, antioxidant serums can soothe the skin and alleviate any irritation.
Drink plenty of water
Staying hydrated by drinking plenty of water both before and after your microneedling procedure will help promote healing and encourage the rejuvenation of your skin.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 3 Age-Defying Benefits of Toronto Microneedling
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- All You Need to Know About Microneedling with Redensity I
- Everything You Need to Know About Microneedling in Toronto
- Here’s What You Need to Know About Cell Regeneration with Toronto Microneedling
- How Does Toronto Microneedling Work to Smooth Facial Lines?
- How Long Do Microneedling Results Last?
- Micro Needling 101
- Micro-Needling and Ethnic Skin Types
- Microneedling and Redensity 1 - The Perfect Skincare Combination
- Microneedling in Toronto: Is It Better than Laser Treatment for Dark Skin?
- Microneedling Toronto
- Microneedling: A Safe Skin Treatment for Ethnic and Darker Skin
- Must-Have Tips for Protecting Your Toronto Microneedling Results
- The Top 4 Benefits of Microneedling in Toronto
- The V2 Beauty Booster - Micro-Needling with Redensity I
- Top Five Reasons to Try Microneedling
- Toronto Microneedling: A Beautiful Complexion Is Just a Roller Away
- V2 Beauty Booster: A Solution for Dull, Dry Skin
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- What Does Microneedling Treatment Really Feel Like?
- What is Microneedling?
- Your Questions About Microneedling Answered!