Microneedling: A Safe Skin Treatment for Ethnic and Darker Skin
Across the globe, people are turning to cosmetic procedures to keep their skin looking its best
However, some of the most popular ones such as laser treatments and chemical peels shouldn’t be used on certain ethnicities. Instead, microneedling is a promising, safe skin treatment for individuals with darker skin tones.
Microneedling offers a wide variety of benefits to your skin
Microneedling for darker skin
In people who have darker skin, laser treatments and other possible skin rejuvenation treatments are often difficult because of the problems that can arise. When heat from a laser is applied to darker, ethnic skin, it can result in pigmentation problems, as there is more melanin in those skin types. The damage can be permanent, so it can leave people with these backgrounds feeling like they have very few options to choose from to revitalize tired or aging skin.
The exciting news is that microneedling is a very safe technique to treat dermatologic conditions in darker skin. It is rapidly becoming one of the most popular skin treatments because it offers a wide variety of benefits to your skin, is non-surgical and non-invasive, and offers a quick recovery.
Our Toronto cosmetic clinic, under the direction of Dr. Cory Torgerson, offers the V2 Beauty Booster microneedling technology with Redensity I enrichment. The V2 Beauty Booster is a hand-held device that is fitted with multiple tiny, sterile needles. The injection gun is loaded with Redensity 1, which is deposited into the skin at the same time that the micro needling treatment is occurring. Redensity I is an award-winning product that boosts the hydration and luminosity of the skin through the deposit of hyaluronic acid, amino acids, minerals, and vitamin B6. The micro-needling aspect of the treatment targets the new skin generation of elastin and collagen and is an effective way to treat fine lines and wrinkles, small facial scars, and overall skin dullness.
Safe, efficacy record as a non-invasive skin treatment
V2 Microneedling Procedure
The V2 microneedling skin booster procedure takes only about 20 minutes to complete. It is recommended that patients schedule 3 microneedling sessions spaced at 3-week intervals to see the best results. At our Toronto laser and cosmetic centre, we apply a topical numbing cream all over the patient’s face prior to treatment to make the session as comfortable as possible. Redensity 1 is also formulated with lidocaine, which helps further numb the facial area during the micro-injections. Following the treatment, the face will be slightly red and possibly swell somewhat with dot-like bruising, but most patients see the grand majority of the needle marks resolved within less than 24 hours. This is an added bonus of the treatment: it doesn’t take any downtime, and people can return to their normal routine right away. Even if there are some persistent micro bruising dots from the treatment, they can be easily covered with mineral makeup, and most people will not perceive them.
If you have darker, ethnic skin and have been searching for a beauty treatment to rejuvenate your skin, we know you will love microneedling! With its safe, efficacy record as a non-invasive skin treatment, we would love to book you for a micro needling consultation. Please contact our Toronto location today for more information, and we will respond within one business day. We can’t wait to start you on your journey to smoother, more radiant skin!
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 3 Age-Defying Benefits of Toronto Microneedling
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- All You Need to Know About Microneedling with Redensity I
- Everything You Need to Know About Microneedling in Toronto
- Here’s What You Need to Know About Cell Regeneration with Toronto Microneedling
- How Does Toronto Microneedling Work to Smooth Facial Lines?
- How Long Do Microneedling Results Last?
- Micro Needling 101
- Micro-Needling and Ethnic Skin Types
- Microneedling and Redensity 1 - The Perfect Skincare Combination
- Microneedling in Toronto: Is It Better than Laser Treatment for Dark Skin?
- Microneedling Toronto
- Microneedling: A Safe Skin Treatment for Ethnic and Darker Skin
- Must-Have Tips for Protecting Your Toronto Microneedling Results
- The Top 4 Benefits of Microneedling in Toronto
- The V2 Beauty Booster - Micro-Needling with Redensity I
- Top Five Reasons to Try Microneedling
- Toronto Microneedling: A Beautiful Complexion Is Just a Roller Away
- V2 Beauty Booster: A Solution for Dull, Dry Skin
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- What Does Microneedling Treatment Really Feel Like?
- What is Microneedling?
- Your Questions About Microneedling Answered!
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.