Ultherapy Vs. Botox: Which Is Best For Me?
Ultherapy and Botox are two common non-surgical skin treatment options for those who would like to refresh their look
They are both great treatments to get rid of certain fine lines and wrinkles. In this article, we’ll discuss each treatment so that before you schedule a consultation, you can educate yourself about which one is best to help you get the results you desire.
Ultrasound technology has been safely and effectively used in the medical world for decades
In recent years, doctors have found ways to use it to rejuvenate their patients’ skin. Ultherapy uses ultrasound technology to provide a gentle lift and overall tightening to ageing skin. It’s been cleared by Health Canada for treatment on the loose skin of the neck, saggy skin under your chin, or tired, baggy skin around the eyebrow area. Ultherapy has also been approved for treatment on wrinkles and lines on the chest and décolletage. This treatment is especially effective on horizontal lines, as the overall lifting effect will help them smooth away and disappear.
Ultherapy delivers ultrasound energy just beneath the surface of the skin at the ideal temperature to stimulate the skin to produce more collagen. This extra collagen helps skin plump up, causing it to lift and tighten. Certain patients will notice results right away, but it will generally take 2 to 3 months after treatment to notice the full effect of the collagen stimulation. For those who aren’t yet ready for a surgical procedure such as a facelift or a brow lift, Ultherapy is a wonderful option to provide a subtle, gentle rejuvenation and freshening of your overall look.
Ultherapy has been tested in a large number of clinical studies and has now been used over half a million times around the world. Ultherapy requires no downtime after treatment. Patients will be asked to avoid soaking in hot tubs or spas for 1 week after treatment. They should also avoid washing their pillow cases with fabric softener while their face is healing. At most, patients may see a bit of swelling, but they are allowed and encouraged to resume their normal daily activities after their treatment is finished. Ibuprofen and cold packs can be used to resolve any swelling that results.
Botox works especially well for vertical lines that don’t respond as well to lifting treatments such as Ultherapy
Our wrinkles often match the way we move our faces. If we purse our lips a lot, this will result in a network of fine “lipstick lines.” Smiling frequently creates lines known as “crow’s-feet” beside the eyes. Frowning results in vertical lines on the forehead between the eyebrows.
These lines don’t have to be permanent though. If we relax the associated muscles in those areas, the lines begin to melt away and disappear. Botox is a treatment that facial plastic surgeons use to paralyze those muscles, getting rid of wrinkles and helping their patients to look younger, more refreshed, and relaxed. Botox is made from a neurotoxin that’s produced by a bacteria called Clostridium botulinum, otherwise known as botulinum toxin. It works by blocking signals between your nerves and your muscles. This keeps the muscle from contracting. Botox is an effective treatment to relax and get rid of lines on the forehead, crow’s-feet around the eyes, and frown lines that make people look stern and serious.
A Botox treatment is fast and simple. It only takes a few minutes from start to finish. Because the injections are virtually painless, no anaesthetic is required. Most people report that treatment feels like a series of tiny pinpricks wherever the Botox is injected. Your doctor will instruct you to avoid massaging or moving the treated area directly after your injections. You should also avoid strenuous exercise for the next day and stay out of direct sunlight for the next 3 days. Patients will usually notice the full effects of the treatment in 3 to 7 days. Botox typically lasts for 3 to 4 months.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- A Guide To Ultherapy : Its Benefits And The Treatment Process
- Am I A Good Candidate For Ultherapy?
- Best Laser For Skin Rejuvenation
- Best Non-Invasive Anti-Aging Treatment For The Neck
- Best Non-Surgical Treatment To Lift Skin And Build Collagen
- Can Ultherapy Replace A Face Lift?
- Common Questions About Ultherapy
- Facelift Without A Knife: Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- How Is Ultherapy Different From Laser Treatments?
- How Long Does Ultherapy Last?
- How Long Is the Ultherapy Recovery Time?
- How Long Will It Take To See The Results Of Ultherapy?
- How Many Ultherapy Treatments Do I Need To Get The Best Results?
- How Safe Is Ultherapy, And What Are The Side Effects?
- How Safe Is Ultherapy?
- Is Ultherapy Right for Me?
- Is Ultherapy Worth It? Reviews And Cost
- Most Popular Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Treatments
- Non-Invasive Facial Contouring Options For The Lower Face
- Non-Surgical Facelift
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening And Lifting
- Set Back Your Aging Clock With Ultherapy
- The Mini-Lift Without Surgery: Review And Cost
- Top 3 Benefits Of Ultherapy
- Top Ultherapy Doctors In Toronto, Canada
- Ultherapy Treatment
- Ultherapy Trends In 2017
- Ultherapy Vs. Botox: Which Is Best For Me?
- Ultherapy Vs. Facelift: What’s The Difference?
- Ultherapy: A New Way to Lift, Tighten, and Tone Skin
- Ultherapy: Is the Procedure Painful?
- What Body Areas Can Ultherapy Be Applied To?
- What Is A Good Age To Do Ultherapy?
- What is Ultherapy?
- What Is Unique About Ultherapy?
- What’s It Like To Get An Ultherapy Treatment?