Non-Surgical Skin Tightening And Lifting
Loose and saggy skin, loss of skin tone, and wrinkles are something that plague most people as they age
In the search for an effective treatment, lots of people consider surgical options as a fix. Facelifts, eye lifts, and brow lifts work extremely well, but oftentimes, people are hesitant to get them. There are several reasons why surgical treatments may not be right for every single patient, and we’ll briefly discuss those reasons before moving on to non-surgical skin-tightening and -lifting treatments that can provide effective and long-lasting rejuvenation to leave you not only looking wonderful, but feeling confident.
Want to look younger and refreshed but do not currently need to have a surgical procedure like a facelift?
When Surgery Isn’t An Option
Sometimes individuals have only minor loosening of the skin. They may have pesky fine lines and wrinkles they’d like to get rid of, as well—lines that would benefit from an overall plumping and tightening, but are in areas that would not be greatly affected by a facelift. They may wish to look younger and refreshed but do not currently need to have a surgical procedure like a facelift. In addition to cost, recovery time is often a consideration. It can take up to 2 weeks for the swelling and bruising to subside after a facelift, while nonsurgical options can range from zero downtime to only a couple of days.
What Options Are There That Don’t Involve Surgery?
Just like surgical anti-aging treatments, there are different non-surgical treatments available. Which treatment you choose will depend on the condition of your skin and how much time you have to recover afterwards. Ultherapy and CO2 treatment are the most popular non-surgical options for skin tightening and lifting. Let’s discuss what they are and how they work.
As a non-surgical skin treatment with virtually no recovery time, Ultherapy uses ultrasound technology to improve the look of your skin on your neck area, under your chin, and near your eyebrows. It’s been approved by Health Canada and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for use in those areas as well as on the chest and décolletage. It lifts and tightens, providing visible results that will leave people wondering whether you just came back from a restful vacation.
Utherapy is suitable for all skin types with minimal discomfort
How Does Ultherapy Work?
Ultherapy targets its ultrasound energy a few layers beneath the skin’s outer surface. It generates a stimulating energy that directs your skin to start producing collagen. This helps your skin look tighter, lifted, and much fuller. Some patients see results directly after receiving an Ultherapy treatment, but it continues to stimulate collagen for 2 to 3 months, so it will take that long to see the full extent of the benefits.
The best thing about Ultherapy when compared to other treatments is that there is no recovery time. Patients receiving treatment can go directly back to their usual activity. A bit of swelling may occur, but there are typically no effects that require any amount of downtime.
CO2 Laser Treatment
For a more extensive non-surgical tightening treatment, CO2 laser therapy is another option. CO2 lasers, also known as carbon dioxide lasers, send pulses of energy into your skin, destroying the top layer of tissue. When that tissue sheds, it takes damaged areas with it. Wrinkles, fine lines, superficial scars, large pores, and uneven areas of skin disappear.
CO2 laser treatment does require a few days’ recovery time though, as it causes the treated areas to become pink, tender, and rather swollen. Applying cold packs following the detailed care instructions provided will treat swelling and reduce any resulting pain.
Choosing The Correct Non-Surgical Procedure
Schedule a consultation with Toronto’s leading plastic surgeon, Dr. Cory Torgerson, at (647) 343-0207 to discuss your unique goals and customize a procedure that is best for you. Factors that will help you decide will include what kind of results you’d like to see as well as the length of recovery time you can accommodate.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Best Non-Invasive Anti-Aging Treatment For The Neck
- The Mini-Lift Without Surgery: Review And Cost
- How Many Ultherapy Treatments Do I Need To Get The Best Results?
- Most Popular Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Treatments
- What’s It Like To Get An Ultherapy Treatment?
- What is Ultherapy?
- Top 3 Benefits Of Ultherapy
- What Is Unique About Ultherapy?
- Ultherapy Trends In 2017
- Ultherapy: Is the Procedure Painful?
- Ultherapy Vs. Botox: Which Is Best For Me?
- Am I A Good Candidate For Ultherapy?
- How Long Does Ultherapy Last?
- Is Ultherapy Right For Me?
- Best Non-Surgical Treatment To Lift Skin And Build Collagen
- Best Laser For Skin Rejuvenation
- How Safe Is Ultherapy?
- Can Ultherapy Replace A Face Lift?
- Non-Invasive Facial Contouring Options For The Lower Face
- How Is Ultherapy Different From Laser Treatments?
- A Guide To Ultherapy : Its Benefits And The Treatment Process
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening And Lifting
- Ultherapy Vs. Facelift: What’s The Difference?
- What Body Areas Can Ultherapy Be Applied To?
- Facelift Without A Knife: Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Ultherapy: A New Way To Lift, Tighten, And Tone Skin
- Is Ultherapy Worth It? Reviews And Cost
- Ultherapy Treatment
- What Is A Good Age To Do Ultherapy?
- Set Back Your Aging Clock With Ultherapy
- Top Ultherapy Doctors In Toronto, Canada
- How Safe Is Ultherapy, And What Are The Side Effects?
- How Long Is The Ultherapy Recovery Time?
- Common Questions About Ultherapy
- How Long Will It Take To See The Results Of Ultherapy?
- Non-Surgical Facelift
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.