Common Questions About Ultherapy
How Long Will The Results Last?
Ultherapy uses ultrasound technology to deliver low levels of focused heat to the tissues immediately underneath the skin. Each patient’s skin will respond differently to this thermal energy, but you can see an immediate change and progressive improvement as the new collagen grows. It could take 2 to 3 months to see the full results. Time between treatments will vary from patient to patient, but most find it helpful to repeat treatments every 18 months to 2 years to refresh and maintain optimum results.
Ultherapy tightening and lifting the skin
How Much Downtime Is Needed After The Treatment?
The wonderful thing about Ultherapy is that there is no downtime required. Post-procedure, you can resume your normal activities immediately without having to follow any special post-treatment measures or restrictions.
Can Ultherapy Replace A Facelift?
The deep foundational layer of your skin will be treated as Ultherapy stimulates your body’s natural production of collagen. This will provide a gentle lifting and tightening effect that will leave you looking more alert and refreshed, but the results will not be as dramatic as a facelift. Ultherapy is an excellent treatment for those who are looking for subtle skin rejuvenation and who do not yet require the kind of lift that more invasive procedures can provide.
How Does Ultherapy Work?
Ultherapy uses ultrasound technology—the same technology that has been used and trusted in medical treatments for decades—to lift and tighten your skin in a non-invasive way. Ultherapy deposits focussed ultrasound energy deep beneath the skin at the optimal temperature for collagen regeneration. It initiates a natural process called neocollagenesis to produce fresh, new collagen. When existing collagen is stimulated by heat, it assumes that it is under attack and the body is triggered to begin producing even more. There are no topical injections or chemicals. Instead, Ultherapy relies on your body’s own collagen building processes.
Ultherapy repairs and strengthens your existing collagen and helps your body produce more
How Long Does A Treatment Take?
This depends on the area that is being treated. Treatment on the face and neck usually takes 1 to 2 hours, while treatment of the chest area may take approximately 30 minutes.
What Are The Side Effects?
There may be some initial redness, but this should disappear within a few hours. Some patients may experience a small degree of tenderness and swelling, but these will resolve quickly. In rare cases, there could be bruising or temporary numbness. Ultherapy requires no downtime, and patients are typically able to leave their doctor’s office and resume their normal daily activities.
Is Ultherapy Safe?
Ultherapy has been Health Canada cleared for use on the neck, eyebrow, chin, chest, and décolletage areas. Ultrasound energy has been used in multiple disciplines of the medical industry for half a century. Professionals who provide Ultherapy are certified and receive procedural training. There is no puncturing of skin, needles, or reaction-inducing creams and chemicals.
Who Is A Good Candidate For Ultherapy?
People whose skin has some degree of firmness can benefit greatly from the gentle lifting and tightening effects of Ultherapy. It’s also wonderful at helping to smooth out certain fine lines and wrinkles. Ultherapy is also helpful for the maintenance of cosmetic surgery or as a preventative measure for the natural aging process.
What Is The Significance Of Collagen?
Collagen is a natural protein that gives skin its youthfulness and bounce by keeping it firmed and toned. As we age, collagen loses its strength, elasticity, and ability to stand up to the effects of gravity that pull the skin downward.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Common Questions About Ultherapy
- Ultherapy Treatment
- How Long Is the Ultherapy Recovery Time?
- How Long Does Ultherapy Last?
- Is Ultherapy Worth It? Reviews And Cost
- What’s It Like To Get An Ultherapy Treatment?
- What Is A Good Age To Do Ultherapy?
- Non-Invasive Facial Contouring Options For The Lower Face
- Best Laser For Skin Rejuvenation
- Non-Surgical Facelift
- What Is Unique About Ultherapy?
- What is Ultherapy?
- What Body Areas Can Ultherapy Be Applied To?
- Ultherapy Trends In 2017
- Ultherapy Vs. Facelift: What’s The Difference?
- Ultherapy Vs. Botox: Which Is Best For Me?
- Ultherapy: A New Way To Lift, Tighten, And Tone Skin
- Ultherapy: Is the Procedure Painful?
- Top Ultherapy Doctors In Toronto, Canada
- Top 3 Benefits Of Ultherapy
- The Mini-Lift Without Surgery: Review And Cost
- Set Back Your Aging Clock With Ultherapy
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening And Lifting
- Most Popular Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Treatments
- Is Ultherapy Right For Me?
- How Many Ultherapy Treatments Do I Need To Get The Best Results?
- How Safe Is Ultherapy, And What Are The Side Effects?
- How Safe Is Ultherapy?
- How Long Will It Take To See The Results Of Ultherapy?
- How Is Ultherapy Different From Laser Treatments?
- Facelift Without A Knife: Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Can Ultherapy Replace A Face Lift?
- Best Non-Invasive Anti-Aging Treatment For The Neck
- Best Non-Surgical Treatment To Lift Skin And Build Collagen
- Am I A Good Candidate For Ultherapy?
- A Guide To Ultherapy : Its Benefits And The Treatment Process
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.