Common Questions About Ultherapy
How Long Will The Results Last?
Ultherapy uses ultrasound technology to deliver low levels of focused heat to the tissues immediately underneath the skin. Each patient’s skin will respond differently to this thermal energy, but you can see an immediate change and progressive improvement as the new collagen grows. It could take 2 to 3 months to see the full results. Time between treatments will vary from patient to patient, but most find it helpful to repeat treatments every 18 months to 2 years to refresh and maintain optimum results.
Ultherapy tightening and lifting the skin
How Much Downtime Is Needed After The Treatment?
The wonderful thing about Ultherapy is that there is no downtime required. Post-procedure, you can resume your normal activities immediately without having to follow any special post-treatment measures or restrictions.
Can Ultherapy Replace A Facelift?
The deep foundational layer of your skin will be treated as Ultherapy stimulates your body’s natural production of collagen. This will provide a gentle lifting and tightening effect that will leave you looking more alert and refreshed, but the results will not be as dramatic as a facelift. Ultherapy is an excellent treatment for those who are looking for subtle skin rejuvenation and who do not yet require the kind of lift that more invasive procedures can provide.
How Does Ultherapy Work?
Ultherapy uses ultrasound technology—the same technology that has been used and trusted in medical treatments for decades—to lift and tighten your skin in a non-invasive way. Ultherapy deposits focussed ultrasound energy deep beneath the skin at the optimal temperature for collagen regeneration. It initiates a natural process called neocollagenesis to produce fresh, new collagen. When existing collagen is stimulated by heat, it assumes that it is under attack and the body is triggered to begin producing even more. There are no topical injections or chemicals. Instead, Ultherapy relies on your body’s own collagen building processes.
Ultherapy repairs and strengthens your existing collagen and helps your body produce more
How Long Does A Treatment Take?
This depends on the area that is being treated. Treatment on the face and neck usually takes 1 to 2 hours, while treatment of the chest area may take approximately 30 minutes.
What Are The Side Effects?
There may be some initial redness, but this should disappear within a few hours. Some patients may experience a small degree of tenderness and swelling, but these will resolve quickly. In rare cases, there could be bruising or temporary numbness. Ultherapy requires no downtime, and patients are typically able to leave their doctor’s office and resume their normal daily activities.
Is Ultherapy Safe?
Ultherapy has been Health Canada cleared for use on the neck, eyebrow, chin, chest, and décolletage areas. Ultrasound energy has been used in multiple disciplines of the medical industry for half a century. Professionals who provide Ultherapy are certified and receive procedural training. There is no puncturing of skin, needles, or reaction-inducing creams and chemicals.
Who Is A Good Candidate For Ultherapy?
People whose skin has some degree of firmness can benefit greatly from the gentle lifting and tightening effects of Ultherapy. It’s also wonderful at helping to smooth out certain fine lines and wrinkles. Ultherapy is also helpful for the maintenance of cosmetic surgery or as a preventative measure for the natural aging process.
What Is The Significance Of Collagen?
Collagen is a natural protein that gives skin its youthfulness and bounce by keeping it firmed and toned. As we age, collagen loses its strength, elasticity, and ability to stand up to the effects of gravity that pull the skin downward.
- A Guide To Ultherapy : Its Benefits And The Treatment Process
- Am I A Good Candidate For Ultherapy?
- Best Laser For Skin Rejuvenation
- Best Non-Invasive Anti-Aging Treatment For The Neck
- Best Non-Surgical Treatment To Lift Skin And Build Collagen
- Can Ultherapy Replace A Face Lift?
- Common Questions About Ultherapy
- Facelift Without A Knife: Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- How Is Ultherapy Different From Laser Treatments?
- How Long Does Ultherapy Last?
- How Long Is the Ultherapy Recovery Time?
- How Long Will It Take To See The Results Of Ultherapy?
- How Many Ultherapy Treatments Do I Need To Get The Best Results?
- How Safe Is Ultherapy, And What Are The Side Effects?
- How Safe Is Ultherapy?
- Is Ultherapy Right for Me?
- Is Ultherapy Worth It? Reviews And Cost
- Most Popular Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Treatments
- Non-Invasive Facial Contouring Options For The Lower Face
- Non-Surgical Facelift
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening And Lifting
- Set Back Your Aging Clock With Ultherapy
- The Mini-Lift Without Surgery: Review And Cost
- Top 3 Benefits Of Ultherapy
- Top Ultherapy Doctors In Toronto, Canada
- Ultherapy Treatment
- Ultherapy Trends In 2017
- Ultherapy Vs. Botox: Which Is Best For Me?
- Ultherapy Vs. Facelift: What’s The Difference?
- Ultherapy: A New Way to Lift, Tighten, and Tone Skin
- Ultherapy: Is the Procedure Painful?
- What Body Areas Can Ultherapy Be Applied To?
- What Is A Good Age To Do Ultherapy?
- What is Ultherapy?
- What Is Unique About Ultherapy?
- What’s It Like To Get An Ultherapy Treatment?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.