Ultherapy Vs. Facelift: What’s The Difference?
Age, stress, and sun damage can greatly affect our skin, causing wrinkles, folds, and sagging that make us look tired and older
Thankfully, there is a wide range of treatments, surgeries, and therapies available to help rejuvenate our skin, ridding it of wrinkles and restoring its lift and fullness. For those who prefer a non-surgical option, Ultherapy is a popular treatment for cosmetic skin rejuvenation. Others may opt for a full facelift. In this article, let’s discuss the difference between these two treatments and why patients would choose one over the other.
Ultherapy is a non-invasive treatment approved by Health Canada and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration
What Is Ultherapy?
Ultherapy is used to lift, tighten, and tone skin on areas such as the eyebrows, jawline, and chin as well as improve wrinkles on the chest area. This treatment uses ultrasound technology to emit thermal energy into targeted tissue areas under the foundation surface of the skin. This works to stimulate the body’s natural production of collagen. Ultherapy typically takes a couple of months to see results, as the collagen gradually regenerates to improve the skin’s tone and texture.
What Is A Facelift?
A facelift (rhytidectomy) is a type of cosmetic surgery or facial-toning procedure that make a person look younger and eradicates some natural symptoms of aging. Facelift surgery can help to reverse the effects of time, stress, sun damage, and pollution. Typically, a facial plastic surgeon will lift and tighten the underlying muscles of the face to contour the face and rejuvenate the facial structure. At the same time, the surgeon will remove excess fat and skin.
Ultherapy is a shorter outpatient procedure. Because there is no post-op care or anaesthesia costs, it’s the most cost-effective of the two treatments. Because a facelift is a surgical procedure, there will be costs associated with anesthesia, nurse hours, OR time, post-op care, and, of course, the surgeon’s fee. Because of this, it is a much more expensive treatment than Ultherapy.
Ultherapy is a non-surgical treatment that delivers ultrasound energy deep into the skin to help tighten the skin
How Long Will The Results Last?
The condition of your skin before your facial rejuvenation procedure will have an effect on the lasting results of a facelift or Ultherapy. A facelift will have immediate results (after the swelling and bruising go down during the recovery period). If it is done by a skilled surgeon, the results of a facelift will last forever. Of course, this also depends on external factors like your environment, stress level, and lifestyle. In the case of Ultherapy, the results will become apparent in the 2 to 3 months after treatment. The benefits of Ultherapy depend on the rejuvenation of the collagen beneath the skin, so those results take time to show. The positive effects of the Ultherapy will last up to 2 years and may need to be repeated. Given this, the cost factor and lack of recovery time make Ultherapy more attractive to those who are not ready to opt for a surgical procedure.
A facelift entails incisions being placed around the ears and hidden within the hairline. There are 7 to 14 days of post-op care, bruising, swelling, and some pain involved. The ideal candidate for Ultherapy is one with a mild or moderate degree of sagging skin caused by facial ageing or one that has undergone a cosmetic procedure in the past but now wishes to maintain their results. It works better with patients who do not have a large amount of excess skin. Schedule a consultation with a skilled, facial plastic surgeon such as Dr. Torgerson at (647) 343-0207 to determine which facial rejuvenation procedure is right for your unique goals.
- A Guide To Ultherapy : Its Benefits And The Treatment Process
- Am I A Good Candidate For Ultherapy?
- Best Laser For Skin Rejuvenation
- Best Non-Invasive Anti-Aging Treatment For The Neck
- Best Non-Surgical Treatment To Lift Skin And Build Collagen
- Can Ultherapy Replace A Face Lift?
- Common Questions About Ultherapy
- Facelift Without A Knife: Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- How Is Ultherapy Different From Laser Treatments?
- How Long Does Ultherapy Last?
- How Long Is the Ultherapy Recovery Time?
- How Long Will It Take To See The Results Of Ultherapy?
- How Many Ultherapy Treatments Do I Need To Get The Best Results?
- How Safe Is Ultherapy, And What Are The Side Effects?
- How Safe Is Ultherapy?
- Is Ultherapy Right for Me?
- Is Ultherapy Worth It? Reviews And Cost
- Most Popular Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Treatments
- Non-Invasive Facial Contouring Options For The Lower Face
- Non-Surgical Facelift
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening And Lifting
- Set Back Your Aging Clock With Ultherapy
- The Mini-Lift Without Surgery: Review And Cost
- Top 3 Benefits Of Ultherapy
- Top Ultherapy Doctors In Toronto, Canada
- Ultherapy Treatment
- Ultherapy Trends In 2017
- Ultherapy Vs. Botox: Which Is Best For Me?
- Ultherapy Vs. Facelift: What’s The Difference?
- Ultherapy: A New Way to Lift, Tighten, and Tone Skin
- Ultherapy: Is the Procedure Painful?
- What Body Areas Can Ultherapy Be Applied To?
- What Is A Good Age To Do Ultherapy?
- What is Ultherapy?
- What Is Unique About Ultherapy?
- What’s It Like To Get An Ultherapy Treatment?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.