What’s It Like To Get An Ultherapy Treatment?
As people age, they often turn to a variety of cosmetic products and supplements to try to turn back the hands of time
Pills, makeup, and creams can help only so much though before the person begins searching for the next miracle cure for drooping jowls, sagging cheeks, and tired-looking brows.
Safe, Non-Surgical, And Pain-Free
In time, many people start wondering if a facelift is the only answer. Surgical anti-aging procedures definitely work. You need only to do a bit of online research or peruse the pages of celebrity magazines to see the results. Facelifts can be unaffordable for some and intimidating for others who are concerned about undergoing surgery and facing the time needed for recovery afterwards.
Neurotoxin injections and injectable fillers are also helpful, relaxing the muscles that cause wrinkles, filling in deep lines and creases, and plumping up hollowed areas that have started to lose volume over time. However, these don’t address issues such as jowls and aren’t particularly helpful with fine lines and wrinkles such as the ones that appear on the neck and chest area.
For issues that can’t be addressed with injections and for patients who are hesitant to have surgery, Ultherapy is a wonderful solution for skin rejuvenation. This non-invasive, painless procedure directs ultrasound energy just underneath the top layer of the skin. Its gentle heat targets and stimulates the layer of tissue where collagen is produced. Increased collagen production means an increased fullness to the skin, resulting in an overall fullness that causes your skin to naturally lift and tighten. As this happens, folds, creases, and wrinkles begin to fade and smooth away.
Utherapy is suitable for all skin types with minimal discomfort
What Does Ultherapy Feel Like?
An Ultherapy treatment is simple and easy, done right in your doctor’s office and requiring no anaesthesia. If you’re having a smaller area done (for instance, above your brows), it will take around 30 minutes. Larger areas such as your entire face and neck may take as long as 90 minutes.
Patients report feeling an odd prickling sensation on the areas being treated, but they don’t typically experience any major discomfort. The skin in certain areas of the face is thinner and more sensitive than in others, so the prickling heat may feel more intense in those areas.
There is no downtime for recovery needed after an Ultherapy treatment. Some patients experience a mild degree of soreness, and a small amount of swelling is possible (but not usually noticeable). Cold packs and over-the-counter medications such as acetaminophen and ibuprofen are typically sufficient to take care of any resulting discomfort. Your doctor will give you aftercare instructions that may contain restrictions such as avoiding the use of hot tubs or spas while your face is in the healing process. Other than that, you are free to resume your normal daily activities.
What Can I Expect After Ultherapy?
Some patients start noticing a degree of tightening several days after their Ultherapy treatment. Because the procedure works by stimulating your body’s natural production of collagen though, you won’t notice the full extent of the results for 2 to 3 months after treatment. As time goes on and the effects of ageing begin to break down the newly-produced collagen, you’ll likely benefit from having maintenance Ultherapy treatments to update and refresh your skin-tightening results. Some patients like to do this annually. Others only need to do it every couple of years. To have all of your questions about Ultherapy answered and to find out if it is the right cosmetic skin solution for you, schedule a complimentary consultation at Dr. Torgerson’s Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery clinic today by dialing (647) 343-0207.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Best Non-Invasive Anti-Aging Treatment For The Neck
- The Mini-Lift Without Surgery: Review And Cost
- How Many Ultherapy Treatments Do I Need To Get The Best Results?
- Most Popular Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Treatments
- What’s It Like To Get An Ultherapy Treatment?
- What is Ultherapy?
- Top 3 Benefits Of Ultherapy
- What Is Unique About Ultherapy?
- Ultherapy Trends In 2017
- Ultherapy: Is the Procedure Painful?
- Ultherapy Vs. Botox: Which Is Best For Me?
- Am I A Good Candidate For Ultherapy?
- How Long Does Ultherapy Last?
- Is Ultherapy Right For Me?
- Best Non-Surgical Treatment To Lift Skin And Build Collagen
- Best Laser For Skin Rejuvenation
- How Safe Is Ultherapy?
- Can Ultherapy Replace A Face Lift?
- Non-Invasive Facial Contouring Options For The Lower Face
- How Is Ultherapy Different From Laser Treatments?
- A Guide To Ultherapy : Its Benefits And The Treatment Process
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening And Lifting
- Ultherapy Vs. Facelift: What’s The Difference?
- What Body Areas Can Ultherapy Be Applied To?
- Facelift Without A Knife: Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Ultherapy: A New Way To Lift, Tighten, And Tone Skin
- Is Ultherapy Worth It? Reviews And Cost
- Ultherapy Treatment
- What Is A Good Age To Do Ultherapy?
- Set Back Your Aging Clock With Ultherapy
- Top Ultherapy Doctors In Toronto, Canada
- How Safe Is Ultherapy, And What Are The Side Effects?
- How Long Is The Ultherapy Recovery Time?
- Common Questions About Ultherapy
- How Long Will It Take To See The Results Of Ultherapy?
- Non-Surgical Facelift
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.