How Safe Is Ultherapy, And What Are The Side Effects?
Whenever an innovative new procedure gains popularity, patients are naturally concerned about potential risks and side effects.
The good news is, although Ultherapy itself is a unique and relatively new procedure, the methods used to obtain the desired cosmetic results in Ultherapy treatment have been in use for over 50 years with no serious side effects or concerns.
It is crucial that any cosmetic procedure be performed by a medical professional
How Safe Is Ultherapy?
A properly trained and experienced medical professional with sufficient expertise in this unique arena will help ensure satisfaction with your cosmetic procedure and mitigate any concerns you may have concerning unexpected or unpleasant side effects.
In addition to ensuring that your chosen surgeon has the proper technique and training, it is important for you to understand exactly how the procedure is able to achieve such dramatic and pleasing results. During Ultherapy sessions, an ultrasonic probe is used to target specific areas of the face and neck. The Ultherapy treatment system delivers a low dose of focused, high-frequency ultrasound energy, which is aimed at those target areas you would have discussed with your doctor during a private consultation. These targeted areas, including but not limited to the jowls, upper lip, or cheeks, are heated by ultrasonic waves from the probe and, as a result, new collagen cells are stimulated. This means that your body is, essentially, performing the procedure internally. Ultherapy is a very safe and gentle procedure. Rejuvenation is not achieved by the injection of fillers or chemicals of any kind, nor will you require pain management or recovery time.
is important to ensure that you are working with a certified medical professional
What Are The Side Effects?
In fact, Ultherapy has been approved by Health Canada and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, which is not easily accomplished. This approval means that hundreds of thousands of Ultherapy treatment trials were certified as having been performed both safely and successfully. This also means that the risks of side effects as well as success rates have been analyzed and scrutinized, eliminating the anxiety surrounding side effects and recovery.
As with any surgical or cosmetic procedure, there is a negligible risk of known, and possibly unknown, side effects. Statistically speaking, however, Ultherapy results in very few side effects and even fewer potential risks to a healthy patient. Patients who experienced side effects reported the side effects as not severe, nor did they prove to be long-lasting. The most commonly reported side effects from Ultherapy include a slight redness or swelling to the targeted area immediately following the procedure and bruising or a reduced sensitivity to the area. This may last for several hours and may be accompanied by a slight tingling sensation. These effects are usually mild, and most patients report being able to tolerate them. Although the aftereffects can be concerning for affected patients at first, these uncommon issues typically resolve themselves within a few days and normally pose no long-term threat or concern to the patient.
It is important to ensure that you are working with a certified medical professional who has experience with non-surgical cosmetic procedures and who has successful cases of Ultherapy treatment on record. For more information, do not hesitate to get in touch with the experienced and compassionate team at Dr. Cory Torgerson’s office to set up your private consultation. During your consultation, Dr. Torgerson will take the time to answer your questions and address all of your concerns about Ultherapy and any other cosmetic procedure that may interest you.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- What is Ultherapy?
- Best Non-Invasive Anti-Aging Treatment For The Neck
- The Mini-Lift Without Surgery: Review And Cost
- How Many Ultherapy Treatments Do I Need To Get The Best Results?
- Most Popular Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Treatments
- What’s It Like To Get An Ultherapy Treatment?
- Top 3 Benefits Of Ultherapy
- What Is Unique About Ultherapy?
- Ultherapy Trends In 2017
- Ultherapy: Is the Procedure Painful?
- Ultherapy Vs. Botox: Which Is Best For Me?
- Am I A Good Candidate For Ultherapy?
- How Long Does Ultherapy Last?
- Is Ultherapy Right For Me?
- Best Non-Surgical Treatment To Lift Skin And Build Collagen
- Best Laser For Skin Rejuvenation
- How Safe Is Ultherapy?
- Can Ultherapy Replace A Face Lift?
- Non-Invasive Facial Contouring Options For The Lower Face
- How Is Ultherapy Different From Laser Treatments?
- A Guide To Ultherapy : Its Benefits And The Treatment Process
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening And Lifting
- Ultherapy Vs. Facelift: What’s The Difference?
- What Body Areas Can Ultherapy Be Applied To?
- Facelift Without A Knife: Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Ultherapy: A New Way To Lift, Tighten, And Tone Skin
- Is Ultherapy Worth It? Reviews And Cost
- Ultherapy Treatment
- What Is A Good Age To Do Ultherapy?
- Set Back Your Aging Clock With Ultherapy
- Top Ultherapy Doctors In Toronto, Canada
- How Safe Is Ultherapy, And What Are The Side Effects?
- How Long Is The Ultherapy Recovery Time?
- Common Questions About Ultherapy
- How Long Will It Take To See The Results Of Ultherapy?
- Non-Surgical Facelift
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.