Facelift Without A Knife: Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
As we age, our skin naturally loses fullness and elasticity
We’ve all heard about Botox. Doctors inject the substance, a neurotoxin, into fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth, eyes, and forehead. This results in paralysis of muscles in those areas, helping relax and smooth away unwanted crow’s-feet, frown lines, and lipstick lines.
Dermal fillers can help with deeper lines that can’t be relaxed away with Botox. These fillers mimic or replace hyaluronic acid, a substance that occurs naturally in the body, and help fill out lines and wrinkles, smoothing your skin and helping you look more alert, refreshed, and younger.
Ultherapy tightening and lifting the skin on the face and neck
Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
If your concerns aren’t with lines and wrinkles, but with saggy, droopy skin? As we age, our skin naturally loses fullness and elasticity. This can result in sagging jowls, baggy cheeks, and brow lines that are no longer taut and well-defined. A facelift can tighten up many of these areas, but many people are hesitant to choose a surgical option—either because they can’t afford it, are hesitant to undergo surgery, or don’t yet have enough loose skin that a full facelift is required. Luckily, there is a nonsurgical skin-tightening option that can help tighten your skin without any incisions, injections, or anaesthesia.
Ultrasound-Powered Skin Tightening With Ultherapy
Ultherapy is an easy and effective cosmetic skin-rejuvenation procedure that harnesses the power of ultrasound energy to firm and tighten your skin. It sends gentle ultrasound heat waves just underneath the surface of the skin, targeting the layers where collagen is produced. Collagen is the natural substance in your skin that fills it out, making it look youthful and fresh. The heat from the ultrasound stimulates your body’s collagen production, kickstarting the process to make your skin look full and rejuvenated.
The results? As collagen levels increase, your skin will begin to tighten and lift. Saggy areas of skin will be no more, and wrinkles will begin to fill in, soften, and disappear. Some patients see results from Ultherapy just several days after treatment. The truly dramatic results, however, take 2 to 3 months after treatment. This gives your body time to produce enough collagen to reverse the ageing process, literally taking years off of your face.
Unlike surgical procedures, Ultherapy requires no recovery time
What Can I Expect After Ultherapy?
As you won’t have incisions or stitches, you also won’t have to deal with the extreme swelling and bruising that often accompanies surgical procedures such as facelifts and browlifts. Even injections such as Botox and dermal fillers can leave a mild amount of bruising. Not so with Ultherapy! Some patients experience a small amount of swelling and mild discomfort that can be treated with cold packs. Other than that, there are no major after-effects. You can leave the office after an Ultherapy treatment and go about your normal daily activities. Your doctor may provide a short list of things to avoid in the days after your treatment (such as soaking in hot tubs and using fabric softener on your pillowcases), but there are no restrictions to normal, everyday activities.
How Long Will It Last?
As mentioned above, you won’t see the full results of Ultherapy until a full 2 to 3 months after your treatment. Once the collagen reaches maximum levels, you’ll enjoy a general fullness, tightening, and improved tone to the skin of your face and neck—including a reduction of fine lines and wrinkles. Your normal aging processes will continue, however, and collagen levels will begin to reduce over time. Some patients like to return for maintenance Ultherapy treatments annually, while others only need to return every 2 years. The need for treatments to update the results will vary from person to person.
Schedule a consultation at Dr. Torgerson’s Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery clinic by dialling (647)343 0207 today to find out whether Ultherapy is the ideal non-surgical solution to rejuvenate and tighten your skin.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- A Guide To Ultherapy : Its Benefits And The Treatment Process
- Am I A Good Candidate For Ultherapy?
- Best Laser For Skin Rejuvenation
- Best Non-Invasive Anti-Aging Treatment For The Neck
- Best Non-Surgical Treatment To Lift Skin And Build Collagen
- Can Ultherapy Replace A Face Lift?
- Common Questions About Ultherapy
- Facelift Without A Knife: Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- How Is Ultherapy Different From Laser Treatments?
- How Long Does Ultherapy Last?
- How Long Is the Ultherapy Recovery Time?
- How Long Will It Take To See The Results Of Ultherapy?
- How Many Ultherapy Treatments Do I Need To Get The Best Results?
- How Safe Is Ultherapy, And What Are The Side Effects?
- How Safe Is Ultherapy?
- Is Ultherapy Right for Me?
- Is Ultherapy Worth It? Reviews And Cost
- Most Popular Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Treatments
- Non-Invasive Facial Contouring Options For The Lower Face
- Non-Surgical Facelift
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening And Lifting
- Set Back Your Aging Clock With Ultherapy
- The Mini-Lift Without Surgery: Review And Cost
- Top 3 Benefits Of Ultherapy
- Top Ultherapy Doctors In Toronto, Canada
- Ultherapy Treatment
- Ultherapy Trends In 2017
- Ultherapy Vs. Botox: Which Is Best For Me?
- Ultherapy Vs. Facelift: What’s The Difference?
- Ultherapy: A New Way to Lift, Tighten, and Tone Skin
- Ultherapy: Is the Procedure Painful?
- What Body Areas Can Ultherapy Be Applied To?
- What Is A Good Age To Do Ultherapy?
- What is Ultherapy?
- What Is Unique About Ultherapy?
- What’s It Like To Get An Ultherapy Treatment?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.