SculpSure Vs. CoolSculpting: Which Non-Surgical Fat-Elimination Method Is Superior?
Over the past few years, SculpSure has risen in popularity to match CoolSculpting as notable competition when it comes to the most requested methods of non-invasive fat elimination.
Though they are able to yield similar results, each procedure offers unique benefits that, depending on the needs of the patient, will present a distinct advantage. It’s clear that their parallels are what have bolstered their comparable success. Both are non-surgical and require no anaesthesia, but it’s their individual specialties that are the deciding factor that leads clients to their eventual choice.
CoolSculpting has one unmistakable edge over SculpSure, which is the time it has spent on the market. Doctors began offering CoolSculpting treatments to their patients in 2010 after it was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to treat the abdomen, flanks, thighs, and double chin. Through a process called cryolipolysis, fat cells are destroyed by essentially freezing them to death, which typically yields a ~22% in fat reduction. The applicator utilizes a vacuum to draw the areas to be treated into the applicator cup. This means that the potential patient must have at least an inch of “pinchable” fat for the vacuum to be used for treatment.
Once applied, the targeted fat is frozen through the applicator cup using controlled cooling over the course of an hour-long session. During these sessions, should the patient wish to address large or separate areas, multiple appointments will have to be booked either back-to-back or at the clinician’s discretion, as only one area can be treated at a time. During their treatments, some patients report experiencing discomfort such as tugging or pulling as the fatty tissue is drawn into the applicator. People also feel the initial, intense cold, which fades after a few minutes.
Though there is no downtime for recovery, there are some side effects to be expected from CoolSculpting, as with any procedure. Patients may see swelling, bruising, redness, or transient blanching of the skin at the treatment site, and CoolSculpting has also been known to cause itchiness, tingling, cramping, or stinging. These are all temporary, generally lasting no more than 2 weeks. Within 3 weeks of their treatment, patients may start to see changes, though more dramatic results are apparent at around 2 to 3 months. Depending on the patient’s expectations, CoolSculpting can require 2 to 4 treatments to maximize effects. Likewise, dependent on the size of the area being treated and the applicator being used, single treatments can be as low as $750 or as high as $3,000.
SculpSure was introduced to patients in 2015 and has been approved by Health Canada and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to treat the abdomen and flanks, though they are currently seeking approval to treat other areas, including the chin and upper arms. SculpSure works to break down sub-dermal fat cells using lasers, which emit pulses to evenly heat the fatty tissue in the targeted areas. Once destroyed, the body’s immune system naturally removes the fat cells from the body over time, leading to a 20% to 25% reduction in fat.
The treatment itself is approximately 25 minutes in length, and up to 4 areas can be treated in one session, though multiple sessions may be booked concurrently. Unlike with CoolSculpting, the SculpSure system uses a secured frame to place the applicators flat over the treatment area, ensuring less irritation during and after the procedure. Throughout the treatment, cooling sensations are periodically administered to manage any possible discomfort that may be felt from the heating process.
Immediately following the procedure, the patient is able to return to work or any social activities, though they may experience temporary tenderness, redness, or swelling at the treatment site. These side effects are brief and usually persist for 5 to 10 days. Patients are pleased to notice some reduction in fat within 6 weeks of their first treatment, but they see the most noticeable results after 3 months. Some patients find that they achieve their aesthetic goals perfectly with one session, but others require 2 to 3 treatments to accomplish their ideal results.
If you’re looking to further explore SculpSure or would like to schedule a consultation to determine which body-contouring treatments would be best suited to meet your needs, we invite you to contact our clinic at 647-343-0207. Dr. Cory Torgerson is nationally renowned for his work, accomplishments, and credentials. Dr. Torgerson leads our team of skillful doctors and clinicians, all of whom are expertly trained to answer any questions you may have.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
SculpSure Toronto: Non-Surgical Liposuction & Fat Reduction
- What Will You Feel And Experience On The Day Of SculpSure Treatment?
- When To Expect The Results Of SculpSure And How Long Will It Last?
- What Are The Biggest Advantages Of SculpSure?
- Things You Need To Know About SculpSure
- Top 3 Most Popular Questions About Sculpsure
- The Skinny On SculpSure Vs. Liposuction
- The Differences Between SculpSure And CoolSculpting
- The Cost Of SculpSure In Toronto
- SculpSure: A Revolution In Body Contouring
- Sculpsure vs. CoolSculpting
- SculpSure: Can This Non-Surgical Procedure Melt Body Fat?
- SculpSure Vs. CoolSculpting: Which Non-Surgical Fat-Elimination Method Is Superior?
- SculpSure: Modern Non-Surgical Fat Removal
- SculpSure Trends In 2017
- SculpSure Treatment: How To Prepare Yourself?
- SculpSure: The Revolution In Fat Burning And Body Contouring
- SculpSure In Toronto
- SculpSure Is A Non-Invasive Laser Alternative To Liposuction
- SculpSure And TightSculpting
- Post SculpSure Treatment Tips To Optimize Fat Reduction
- Pairing GliSODin With SculpSure
- Non-Invasive Body Contouring: Frequently Asked Questions
- Need a Natural Fat Burner? In Toronto, SculpSure Is a Top Choice for the New Year
- Liposuction Versus SculpSure: Which Is Right For You?
- Lipolysis (SculpSure) vs. Cryolipolysis (CoolSculpting)
- Melt Your Fat Away During Your Lunch Break
- Ideal Candidate for SculpSure
- If I had Liposuction or CoolSculpting, can I Use SculpSure?
- How To Get Rid Of Love Handles And Tummy Fat With SculpSure
- How Many SculpSure Treatments Do I Need?
- How Do I Choose A SculpSure Clinic In Toronto?
- Get Your Body Swimsuit Ready With SculpSure
- Fall Back In Love With Your Body With SculpSure Laser Body Contouring
- Do SculpSure Treatments Hurt?
- Does SculpSure Damage Muscle?
- Comparing Non-Invasive Body Techniques
- Body Contouring
- 5 Reasons To Do SculpSure
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.