Comparing Non-Invasive Body Techniques
If you are considering a non-invasive body-sculpting technique, do a little research to compare them before you make a decision.
It can significantly improve your chances of selecting the best treatment available for your aesthetic goals. You may have heard about SculpSure and CoolSculpting, and you may know that they are aimed at reducing that stubborn fat that just won’t go away – no matter how much effort you put into dieting and exercising. But is one better in terms of the results, downtime, and comfort experienced? Although they both essentially get rid of unwanted fat, there are some differences you need to be aware of first to determine which one is the best choice for you.
First of all, a SculpSure treatment will take only 25 minutes for up to 4 simultaneous applicators. This is enough to treat the entire abdomen area. However, CoolSculpting takes an hour or more for each applicator, which would require up to 4 hours to treat your whole abdomen.
When you are comparing the costs, a SculpSure treatment costs on average $400 per applicator, and it usually takes 4 applicators to treat an abdomen. CoolSculpting costs an average of $600 per applicator, and it also requires 4 applicators to treat the abdomen.
Comfort is an important factor when considering a body-sculpting technique. For example, SculpSure uses a flat, non-suction applicator with a cooling plate. Many patients report that it is tolerable, and you can even enjoy reading during the treatment. CoolSculpting uses suction-based applicators and a post-procedure massage that has been reported as being quite uncomfortable. Moreover, when it comes to efficacy, SculpSure uses a fat-pocket reduction of 24% in roughly 6 weeks. CoolSculpting uses a fat-pocket reduction of roughly 22% in about 8 to 16 weeks.
What about the adverse effects that may be associated with the treatments? There are no adverse effects with SculpSure. You may notice that your skin might be slightly red after treatment, but that will resolve after a few hours. With CoolSculpting, some patients have reported numbness and some bruising in the treated areas as well as delayed pain a few days after the treatment.
So How Do Both Procedures Work?
The SculpSure applicators release low laser energy in the area being treated. This creates a thermal heating treatment, which targets the subcutaneous and fat tissue. It has various pulse durations of laser energy, which melts and destroys the fat cells.
SculpSure can treat the abdomen and the love handles. However, the applicators allow other areas such as the arms, chin, back, and thighs to be treated “off label.” The approval of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration is expected in the near future to treat other body parts. On the other hand, CoolSculpting is limited in the areas it can treat because of the applicator design.
CoolSculpting is a procedure that sends controlled cooling, which targets the fat cells under the skin. The treated fat cells are frozen, causing the cells to die. Your body will process the fat and get rid of the dead cells, which results in a more sculpted body. Both SculpSure and CoolSculpting are approved by Health Canada and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Both treatments do eliminate the number of fat cells, but only in the areas that are treated. SculpSure uses the latest technology and has made advances in body sculpting, because of the shorter treatment period and the added benefit of stimulating collagen and elastin production, which is not available with CoolSculpting. You will not have the hypersensitivity that you may get with CoolSculpting. This pain can last for several weeks, but with SculpSure treatments, you may feel only some tenderness in the area that was treated. If you are considering CoolSculpting, you will have to have at least an inch of fat for it to be suctioned into the applicator. SculpSure, on the other hand, is a laser application suitable for people with less fat. Therefore, SculpSure is a more flexible procedure. SculpSure has improved body sculpting in many ways, including treatment time, side effects, and proven results that are achieved comfortably.
Dr. Torgerson and his clinic staff are proud to offer the effective body-contouring procedures of the future. Contact us 647-343-0207 to book an appointment today for a consultation and to find out how SculpSure can give you the body you have always wanted and deserve.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
SculpSure Toronto: Non-Surgical Liposuction & Fat Reduction
- SculpSure: The Revolution In Fat Burning And Body Contouring
- SculpSure: Modern Non-Surgical Fat Removal
- SculpSure Treatment: How To Prepare Yourself?
- Pairing GliSODin With SculpSure
- Do SculpSure Treatments Hurt?
- Body Contouring
- SculpSure in Toronto
- SculpSure and TightSculpting
- Need a Natural Fat Burner? In Toronto, SculpSure Is a Top Choice for the New Year
- Get Your Body Swimsuit Ready With SculpSure
- When To Expect The Results Of SculpSure And How Long Will It Last?
- What Will You Feel And Experience On The Day Of SculpSure Treatment?
- What Are The Biggest Advantages Of SculpSure?
- Top 3 Most Popular Questions About Sculpsure
- Things You Need To Know About SculpSure
- The Skinny On SculpSure Vs. Liposuction
- The Differences Between SculpSure And CoolSculpting
- The Cost Of SculpSure In Toronto
- SculpSure: A Revolution In Body Contouring
- Sculpsure vs. CoolSculpting
- SculpSure: Can This Non-Surgical Procedure Melt Body Fat?
- SculpSure Trends In 2017
- SculpSure Vs. CoolSculpting: Which Non-Surgical Fat-Elimination Method Is Superior?
- SculpSure Is A Non-Invasive Laser Alternative To Liposuction
- Post SculpSure Treatment Tips To Optimize Fat Reduction
- Non-Invasive Body Contouring: Frequently Asked Questions
- Melt Your Fat Away During Your Lunch Break
- Liposuction Versus SculpSure: Which Is Right For You?
- Lipolysis (SculpSure) vs. Cryolipolysis (CoolSculpting)
- Ideal Candidate for SculpSure
- If I had Liposuction or CoolSculpting, can I Use SculpSure?
- How Many SculpSure Treatments Do I Need?
- How To Get Rid Of Love Handles And Tummy Fat With SculpSure
- How Do I Choose A SculpSure Clinic In Toronto?
- Fall Back In Love With Your Body With SculpSure Laser Body Contouring
- Does SculpSure Damage Muscle?
- Comparing Non-Invasive Body Techniques
- 5 Reasons To Do SculpSure
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.