Sculpsure vs. CoolSculpting
Most patients looking into ways to reduce unwanted fat will come across 2 popular non-surgical treatments.
SculpSure and CoolSculpting. What are the differences between the two technologies, and which one is the best? We discuss both non-surgical liposuction methods here.
The Machine & Technology
CoolSculpting is a procedure where a healthcare practitioner utilizes a laser device that freezes targeted fat cells. The process of freezing fat cells is called cryolipolysis (fat destruction through extreme cooling). The frozen fat cells eventually die, and as this process occurs, the body will naturally remove them. This ensures that no dead fat cells are left in the body, thus eliminating any unwanted and excess fat in the treated area(s). CoolSculpting is performed by pulling and sucking fat between two plates and then applying extreme cold to kill fat cells.
SculpSure is a procedure delivered by a laser system that will heat up fat cells, as opposed to the cooling in the CoolSculpting procedure. The process of heating fat cells is called thermolipolysis (fat destruction through extreme heat). This technology is used to target unwanted, stubborn fat cells. The laser emulsifies fat cells, in simple terms, melting away the fatty cells in your body. After the fat cells are emulsified, they are released from tissue and naturally eliminated by the body. SculpSure is performed simply by laying the device on top of the tissue, without the use of any pulling or sucking devices.
Both machines destroy fat cells. CoolSculpting does this through the process of cryolipolysis, and SculpSure does this through thermolipolysis. Essentially, the treatments use opposite technologies to achieve the same result: death of fat cells.
Duration of Treatment & Results
The fact that in just 25 minutes SculpSure can treat up to 4 areas at one time and CoolSculpting can treat only 1 area in 50 minutes means that SculpSure saves the patient and the healthcare practitioner over 50% of their time. SculpSure also has the ability to reach optimal results in as little as one treatment, while CoolSculpting patients often require multiple sessions to achieve their desired results.
Comfort & Downtime
Pain or discomfort after or during a SculpSure treatment is extremely uncommon amongst patients. The procedure has zero downtime, allowing patients to leave the treatment and return to their everyday life with ease. As SculpSure does not use a suction applicator and simply lies on top of the skin, the heat from the laser simply spreads beyond the applicator, allowing for the blending of treated and untreated areas. Because of the lack of suction, there is no chance of nerve or vessel damage either.
Specificity & Results
The applicator on the CoolSculpting machine requires “pinchable”, fat as the treated area has to be large enough to be pressed between the two plates and sucked up into the applicator. This can be uncomfortable, but more importantly, this can limit the effectiveness of the treatment. If a patient’s targeted area is not large enough to be sucked up into the applicator, it cannot be treated using CoolSculpting. On the other hand, SculpSure ensures optimal results by using flat applicators. This allows SculpSure to be more precise and to treat areas that CoolSculpting cannot, as it is not necessary to fill an applicator with fat. The technology used in SculpSure machines can be used to treat small and more stubborn amounts of fat, making it a more universal, patient-friendly option for optimal results.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
SculpSure Toronto: Non-Surgical Liposuction & Fat Reduction
- 5 Reasons To Do SculpSure
- Body Contouring
- Comparing Non-Invasive Body Techniques
- Do SculpSure Treatments Hurt?
- Does SculpSure Damage Muscle?
- Fall Back In Love With Your Body With SculpSure Laser Body Contouring
- Get Your Body Swimsuit Ready With SculpSure
- How Do I Choose A SculpSure Clinic In Toronto?
- How Many SculpSure Treatments Do I Need?
- How to Get Rid of Love Handles and Tummy Fat With SculpSure
- Ideal Candidate for SculpSure
- If I had Liposuction or CoolSculpting, can I Use SculpSure?
- Lipolysis (SculpSure) vs. Cryolipolysis (CoolSculpting)
- Liposuction Versus SculpSure: Which Is Right For You?
- Melt Your Fat Away During Your Lunch Break
- Need a Natural Fat Burner? In Toronto, SculpSure Is a Top Choice for the New Year
- Non-Invasive Body Contouring: Frequently Asked Questions
- Pairing GliSODin With SculpSure
- Post SculpSure Treatment Tips To Optimize Fat Reduction
- SculpSure and TightSculpting
- SculpSure in Toronto
- SculpSure Is A Non-Invasive Laser Alternative To Liposuction
- SculpSure Treatment: How To Prepare Yourself?
- SculpSure Trends in 2017
- Sculpsure vs. CoolSculpting
- SculpSure Vs. CoolSculpting: Which Non-Surgical Fat-Elimination Method Is Superior?
- SculpSure: A Revolution in Body Contouring
- SculpSure: Can This Non-Surgical Procedure Melt Body Fat?
- SculpSure: Modern Non-Surgical Fat Removal
- SculpSure: The Revolution in Fat Burning and Body Contouring
- The Cost Of SculpSure In Toronto
- The Differences Between SculpSure And CoolSculpting
- The Skinny On SculpSure Vs. Liposuction
- Things You Need To Know About SculpSure
- Top 3 Most Popular Questions About Sculpsure
- What Are the Biggest Advantages of SculpSure?
- What Will You Feel And Experience On The Day Of SculpSure Treatment?
- When To Expect The Results Of SculpSure And How Long Will It Last?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.