The Skinny On SculpSure Vs. Liposuction
Many of us have some unwanted and stubborn areas of fat that just will not go away.
Even with a healthy diet and exercise regimen. SculpSure and liposuction are very different procedures that both target the removal of fat cells. They are both excellent at what they do. But figuring out which one is right for you is an important step on your road to a more contoured and thinner-looking body!
SculpSure is a non-invasive procedure that is performed in a doctor’s office. It works by applying controlled heat via a hypothermic wavelength to the target area. This specifically targets fatty tissue. The high heat causes damage to the adipose (fat tissue) without causing any damage to other tissue, including skin. The damaged fat tissue becomes absorbed by the body and slowly removed via the body’s natural processes, which results in decreased fat volume in the targeted area.
On the other hand, liposuction is a surgical procedure that is performed in an operating room setting. The surgery works by removing fat deposits from your body using suction. Tubes are inserted into the skin via small cuts. This is where the suctioning of fat occurs.
SculpSure is a procedure that has no downtime. The procedure lasts around 25 minutes, and patients can resume normal daily activities immediately after. Patients may experience redness, swelling, and/or tenderness for up to 2 weeks. This being said, many patients exercise the same day as their SculpSure treatment without pain or discomfort.
Liposuction is an invasive procedure that does have a lengthy period of downtime lasting from 10 days to several weeks. During this period of downtime, mobility is limited, and a compression garment is typically worn for the first several weeks.
Liposuction is a major surgical procedure, which means that it carries risks. Reactions to anaesthesia, fluid accumulation, irregularities to the contour of your body, kidney problems, heart problems, and numbness are all potential complications that can occur.
Typically, the SculpSure procedure is risk-free! Sometimes minor discomfort occurs during the procedure, but other than that, Sculpsure is a very safe treatment.
It is important to know that the results you will achieve with each procedure depend on the amount of fat you have. SculpSure is a procedure that is best suited for smaller fat pockets located in the thighs, abdomen, and lower back. Liposuction is best for larger deposits of excess fat found in the thighs, arms, buttocks, abdomen, back, and more.
As liposuction targets larger areas, the results may seem to be more dramatic. But if you have stubborn, small deposits of fat, SculpSure is probably an easier alternative that will leave you with optimal results.
Making the Decision
The decision between SculpSure and liposuction – or perhaps another treatment – is best made alongside a certified plastic surgeon. Although this article may have made you more aware of the fundamental differences between the procedures, it is always best to seek the expertise of a certified plastic surgeon to ensure that you are making the correct decision for your treatment plan.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
SculpSure Toronto: Non-Surgical Liposuction & Fat Reduction
- What Will You Feel And Experience On The Day Of SculpSure Treatment?
- When To Expect The Results Of SculpSure And How Long Will It Last?
- What Are The Biggest Advantages Of SculpSure?
- Things You Need To Know About SculpSure
- Top 3 Most Popular Questions About Sculpsure
- The Skinny On SculpSure Vs. Liposuction
- The Differences Between SculpSure And CoolSculpting
- The Cost Of SculpSure In Toronto
- SculpSure: A Revolution In Body Contouring
- Sculpsure vs. CoolSculpting
- SculpSure: Can This Non-Surgical Procedure Melt Body Fat?
- SculpSure Vs. CoolSculpting: Which Non-Surgical Fat-Elimination Method Is Superior?
- SculpSure: Modern Non-Surgical Fat Removal
- SculpSure Trends In 2017
- SculpSure Treatment: How To Prepare Yourself?
- SculpSure: The Revolution In Fat Burning And Body Contouring
- SculpSure In Toronto
- SculpSure Is A Non-Invasive Laser Alternative To Liposuction
- SculpSure And TightSculpting
- Post SculpSure Treatment Tips To Optimize Fat Reduction
- Pairing GliSODin With SculpSure
- Non-Invasive Body Contouring: Frequently Asked Questions
- Need a Natural Fat Burner? In Toronto, SculpSure Is a Top Choice for the New Year
- Liposuction Versus SculpSure: Which Is Right For You?
- Lipolysis (SculpSure) vs. Cryolipolysis (CoolSculpting)
- Melt Your Fat Away During Your Lunch Break
- Ideal Candidate for SculpSure
- If I had Liposuction or CoolSculpting, can I Use SculpSure?
- How To Get Rid Of Love Handles And Tummy Fat With SculpSure
- How Many SculpSure Treatments Do I Need?
- How Do I Choose A SculpSure Clinic In Toronto?
- Get Your Body Swimsuit Ready With SculpSure
- Fall Back In Love With Your Body With SculpSure Laser Body Contouring
- Do SculpSure Treatments Hurt?
- Does SculpSure Damage Muscle?
- Comparing Non-Invasive Body Techniques
- Body Contouring
- 5 Reasons To Do SculpSure
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.