If I had Liposuction or CoolSculpting, Can I Use SculpSure?
The short answer is yes, you can definitely undergo a SculpSure treatment if you have already had liposuction or a CoolSculpting procedure.
This is great news for anyone who has been struggling to target stubborn, resistant fat, and who does not wish to undergo surgery or take time off to recover afterwards. SculpSure is a non-invasive treatment option, so it is safe and appropriate for use after CoolScupting body contouring or after liposuction surgery. However, it’s important to note that you should not have a SculpSure treatment immediately after CoolSculpting or liposuction, as your body needs some time to heal between the procedures.
How Does It Work?
SculpSure works by using heat to target and break down fat cells in specific areas. This treatment is very versatile and can be used on virtually any area of the body. * Applicators are placed onto a target area, which is treated with low-level laser energy pulses for about 25 minutes. There is very little pain, no invasive surgery, no wounds or scarring, and no down time involved. As with CoolSculpting, your body simply sheds the destroyed fat cells naturally over a period of a few weeks. This makes it completely safe for patients who have undergone CoolSculpting to use SculpSure afterwards.
An important distinction between the two procedures is that unlike CoolSculpting, SculpSure does not require patients to have a minimum of one inch of pinchable fatty tissue for the procedure to work. Sculpsure can treat small pockets of unwanted fat in areas that the CoolScupting equipment can’t reach, and can be used to safely tighten up any remaining resistant areas after your CoolSculpting treatment. This makes SculpSure an appropriate and safe follow-up to the CoolSculpting procedure. It is important to note that it may take about 6 to 8 weeks to see the results of CoolSculpting, so it is best to wait two months between the two treatments.
Patients who have already undergone CoolSculpting will also appreciate that SculpSure treatments take less time (25 minutes instead of an hour), and that there is no hypersensitivity, as can occur with CoolSculpting. Patients frequently report feeling lingering pain for many weeks after a CoolSculpting procedure, but there is no post-treatment pain, and no physical marks or bruising after SculpSure body contouring. Patients may only feel a slight tenderness in the area that received treatment, and can immediately return to their regular activities and schedules.
Improve Upon Results Of Previous Procedures
Because it’s so gentle on the body, SculpSure is a great way to help improve upon the results of previous procedures. SculpSure can easily treat smaller, flatter areas, so it is also ideal for treating post-liposuction and post-tummy tuck bellies that have minor excess fat tissue. However, you should only have a SculpSure treatment after surgery on areas that have regained sensation. The SculpSure laser should also not be placed directly onto scar tissue.
This is because if the area being treated is numb, you cannot give feedback and have the laser setting adjusted, and there is a potential for burning. It’s also possible that scar tissue will be more sensitive, which may make the treatment painful. So, even though you can have the SculpSure treatment after liposuction, it is important to allow some time for your body to recover between the two procedures.
Using SculpSure in conjunction with other treatments can absolutely help you to contour specific areas of your body to achieve your desired look- but it’s important to consult with your surgeon in order to determine the best option for you. An experienced physician can help you decide on the correct approach, and will be able to avoid any complications that may arise in the case of hernias, numbness, or scar tissue. Dr. Torgerson can answer your questions about SculpSure, so you can make an informed decision about how our treatments can benefit you. Contact our office today at (647)343-0207.
*SculpSure is currently approved in Canada for treatment of the abdomen and flanks. However, it is expected to gain approval very soon for all areas of the body, including hips, inner thighs, outer thighs, and the arms.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
SculpSure Toronto: Non-Surgical Liposuction & Fat Reduction
- SculpSure: The Revolution In Fat Burning And Body Contouring
- SculpSure: Modern Non-Surgical Fat Removal
- SculpSure Treatment: How To Prepare Yourself?
- Pairing GliSODin With SculpSure
- Do SculpSure Treatments Hurt?
- Body Contouring
- SculpSure in Toronto
- SculpSure and TightSculpting
- Need a Natural Fat Burner? In Toronto, SculpSure Is a Top Choice for the New Year
- Get Your Body Swimsuit Ready With SculpSure
- When To Expect The Results Of SculpSure And How Long Will It Last?
- What Will You Feel And Experience On The Day Of SculpSure Treatment?
- What Are The Biggest Advantages Of SculpSure?
- Top 3 Most Popular Questions About Sculpsure
- Things You Need To Know About SculpSure
- The Skinny On SculpSure Vs. Liposuction
- The Differences Between SculpSure And CoolSculpting
- The Cost Of SculpSure In Toronto
- SculpSure: A Revolution In Body Contouring
- Sculpsure vs. CoolSculpting
- SculpSure: Can This Non-Surgical Procedure Melt Body Fat?
- SculpSure Trends In 2017
- SculpSure Vs. CoolSculpting: Which Non-Surgical Fat-Elimination Method Is Superior?
- SculpSure Is A Non-Invasive Laser Alternative To Liposuction
- Post SculpSure Treatment Tips To Optimize Fat Reduction
- Non-Invasive Body Contouring: Frequently Asked Questions
- Melt Your Fat Away During Your Lunch Break
- Liposuction Versus SculpSure: Which Is Right For You?
- Lipolysis (SculpSure) vs. Cryolipolysis (CoolSculpting)
- Ideal Candidate for SculpSure
- If I had Liposuction or CoolSculpting, can I Use SculpSure?
- How Many SculpSure Treatments Do I Need?
- How To Get Rid Of Love Handles And Tummy Fat With SculpSure
- How Do I Choose A SculpSure Clinic In Toronto?
- Fall Back In Love With Your Body With SculpSure Laser Body Contouring
- Does SculpSure Damage Muscle?
- Comparing Non-Invasive Body Techniques
- 5 Reasons To Do SculpSure
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.