Head-to-Toe Aesthetic Treatments – Part 3 : Lower Body
Aesthetic treatments are changing the way we target areas of our body that we are unhappy with
The option to non-invasively improve irregularities is becoming more widely available to men and women across North America. Fotona is a laser machine that is equipped with various applications that can improve the face and body in various ways such as skin tightening, skin resurfacing, fat reduction, vaginal rejuvenation, hair removal, toe fungus treatment, and much more.
Long Lasting Hair Reduction
Lower Body Treatments
Please review Part I and Part II of our Head-To-Toe Aesthetic Treatments series to learn more about the procedures that are available with Fotona for the head and body. In this segment, we will discuss the treatments that are available for the lower body.
FRAC3 Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal has been one of, if not the, most popular laser treatment for many, many years for men and women across a vast range of age groups. Unwanted hair is a widespread problem that can now be easily managed with the aesthetic tools that are available for the public. Traditional hair removal procedures use IPL (intense pulsed light) or a diode Nd:YAG laser to destroy the hair pigments in hair follicles, eventually killing the root of the follicles. Repetitive sessions of laser light into the hair shafts eventually lead to loss of the hair from the root. The common challenge with traditional hair removal was the difficulty in treating people with darker skin tones. Fotona has found a way around that by developing a laser system that can treat all skin types, with less associated risks and higher efficacy rates in the removal of unwanted hair on the face and body.
To remove hair, Fotona Dynamis Nd:YAG laser uses their exclusive Avalanche FRAC3 laser delivery system. This method of laser delivery combines selective and standardized photothermolysis. The longer wavelengths used with the pulse technology targets the hair follicles deeper than the conventional lasers because it can successfully deliver more laser energy into the hair follicles with each repeated passing over the area. Avalanche FRAC3 laser hair reduction is safe and effective in reducing hair on the face and body without damaging the surrounding skin.
Hair reduction requires a series of treatments due to the different stages of hair growth, but patients can expect 10% to 25% hair reduction with each treatment done every 4 to 8 weeks.
ClearSteps Laser Treatment or Onychomycosis
Toe Fungus Removal
Onychomycosis, also known as tinea unguium or simply fungal nail infections, are a persistent and problematic condition that infects the nail tissue of the hands and feet. Toenails are more commonly affected by fungal infection in the nail beds that can spread into the nail matrix or other parts of the nail anatomy. Topical agents are not effective in treating nail infections because of the difficulty involved in getting the product to penetrate past the nail bed and surrounding tissue. If left untreated, onychomycosis can lead to the loss of blood circulation and brittle nails that are discoloured, inflamed, and painful. The causes of nail infections can vary from contact with mould and candida (yeasts) to constant perspiration in the hands and feet and environmental conditions like humidity and health disorders that weaken the immune system. Other common forms of contraction can be from activities like public pools, showers, saunas, and gyms.
ClearSteps is an innovative, non-invasive laser procedure that delivers a laser beam over the infected area and surrounding tissue. The thermal heating of the nail kills the fungal bacteria that is responsible for the infection. Improvements after ClearSteps treatments are immediate, and most people require 3 to 4 treatments to see substantial benefits. The nail growth cycle can take up to a year to regrow an entirely new, healthy, clear nail. ClearSteps projects a high satisfactory and success rate of 95% in clearing infections for patients.
If you are interested in lower body treatments such as reducing unwanted hair or if you have an unattractive nail infection that is bothersome, then contact Dr. Torgerson’s Cosmetic Clinic to schedule your consultation for more information.
Fotona Laser Treatment
- 2D Non-Invasive Body Contouring
- Acne Scar Resurfacing For The Cheeks
- Benefits Of Laser Face Lifting
- Bikini-Ready Body Treatments
- Deep Fractionated Laser Treatments with Fotona
- Do This Once A Week To Look Slimmer Fast
- Fotona IncontiLase Treatments for Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Fotona Laser Arm Lifting
- Fotona Laser Skin Tightening
- Fotona Laser Treatments For The Hands
- Fotona Piano Mode Laser Facial Rejuvenation
- Fotona RenovaLase – Vaginal Atrophy Laser Treatment
- Fotona Smooth Mode for Gynecology
- Fotona TightSculpting
- Head-to-toe Aesthetic Treatments - Part 2: Upper Body
- Head-to-Toe Aesthetic Treatments – Part 1: Head And Neck
- Head-to-Toe Aesthetic Treatments – Part 3 : Lower Body
- Hot Vs. Cold
- HotSculpting FAQ Part 1
- HotSculpting FAQ Part 2
- HotSculpting Vs. SculpSure
- How Does Laser Breast Lifting Work?
- How To Contour Your Jawline With Fotona Laser Treatments
- Ideal Laser Breast Lifting Candidates
- IntimaLase - Laser Vaginal Tightening
- Know Your Non-Surgical Body-Contouring Options
- Laser Breast Lifting – FAQ – Part 1
- Laser Breast Lifting – FAQ – Part 2
- Laser Brow Lifting With Fotona
- Laser Neck Lifting With Fotona
- Laser Skin Rejuvenation With FRAC3
- Lip Plumping with Fotona
- Non-Invasive Facial Contouring Options For Upper Face
- Non-Invasive Laser Body Contouring For New Moms
- Non-Surgical Neck Lift With Fotona
- Piano Mode Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Reduce Rosacea With Fotona
- The Power Of Laser Face Lifting With Fotona 4D
- What Is Smooth Mode?
- What You Need to Know About Fractional Laser Resurfacing with Fotona
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.