HotSculpting FAQ Part 2
Can You Exercise After HotSculpting Treatments?
Yes, patients may resume normal activities immediately after HotSculpting treatments. There are no post-treatment side effects after HotSculpting procedures. Some people may experience heat, redness, and mild swelling, which should subside shortly after HotSculpting treatments. HotSculpting treatments should not interfere with normal daily activities like working, walking, eating, or exercising.
Are There Any Limitations?
HotSculpting treatments are generally safe for adult age groups and all skin types. HotSculpting is not recommended for:
- Pregnant women
- Breastfeeding women
- People who have had surgery on the site of treatment (They must wait at least 12 months before proceeding with HotSculpting treatments to the area)
- Areas with tattoos (They cannot be treated, as the pigments in the tattoo can interfere with the laser energy penetrating the skin and increase the risk of blistering and burning of the skin)
- Broken skin or any areas that are visibly inflamed
- Recently sun-exposed or burnt skin
- Areas that have undergone ablative treatments
- Patients who are on acne medications like Accutane or any other medications that cause photosensitivity
- People using skin care products that contain agents like salicylic acid and retinol
How Effective Is It?
HotSculpting can produce substantial improvements in the treatment area by reducing the volume of fat in treatment sites and increasing the firmness, plumpness, and resiliency of the skin. The increased production of collagen and supportive elastin fibres increase the quality and density of the skin while reducing the fat cells in the treatment site for an all-inclusive fat-reducing and skin-tightening treatment program.
Can I Be on ny Medications?
Medication that causes photosensitivity is to be discontinued for at least 6 months prior to any Fotona laser treatments. Consult your performing practitioner to find out whether you are a good candidate for non-invasive body-contouring procedures based on your current medical history.
Is HotSculpting Safe for Pregnant Women or Women Who Are Looking to Conceive?
Fotona non-invasive body-contouring treatments are not recommended for pregnant women or for women who are looking to get pregnant. There are no studies that indicate the safety of HotSculpting treatments during pregnancy or that suggest that laser energy is safe for developing fetuses in the womb. Women who are looking to increase their chances of a successful pregnancy should eliminate any unknown factors that may affect their pregnancy goals.
How Long Do Treatments Take?
Fotona HotSculpting treatments are completed in sections, each requiring 8 minutes of heating and 3 minutes of skin tightening per area. Patients can calculate their treatment time approximately based on the amount of sectional treatments that are required during their sessions. On average, each area takes about 10 to 15 minutes to treat, with no waiting period required before or in between treatment areas in one appointment.
When Can Treatments Be Repeated?
HotSculpting can be approached with an added express program containing weekly sessions for about 4 to 6 weeks to quickly produce the desired results in the treatment areas. An average treatment agenda can be repeated every 2 to 3 weeks to create equally effective, yet slower-producing results in the areas of treatment.
Is it safe to get HotSculpting weekly?
HotSculpting requires no downtime and no-post procedural care, so it is safe to retreat the areas as soon as a week later. The laser energy from HotSculpting procedures employs increased cellular activity in the treatment area and does not produce any harmful effects if it is repeated frequently. In fact, it can actually provide increased rejuvenating effects to the treated skin with a more aggressive, intense treatment program. New mothers can benefit from a weekly post-pregnancy body recovery treatment to restore the youthfulness in the skin of their stomach, hips, and thighs. If you are interested in HotSculpting procedures for any area of the body, contact our fully equipped Toronto Cosmetic Plastic Surgery Clinic and Laser Centre to schedule your consultation with one of our knowledgeable staff members.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Fotona Laser Treatment
- 2D Non-Invasive Body Contouring
- Acne Scar Resurfacing For The Cheeks
- Benefits Of Laser Face Lifting
- Bikini-Ready Body Treatments
- Deep Fractionated Laser Treatments with Fotona
- Do This Once A Week To Look Slimmer Fast
- Fotona IncontiLase Treatments for Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Fotona Laser Arm Lifting
- Fotona Laser Skin Tightening
- Fotona Laser Treatments For The Hands
- Fotona Piano Mode Laser Facial Rejuvenation
- Fotona RenovaLase – Vaginal Atrophy Laser Treatment
- Fotona Smooth Mode for Gynecology
- Fotona TightSculpting
- Head-to-toe Aesthetic Treatments - Part 2: Upper Body
- Head-to-Toe Aesthetic Treatments – Part 1: Head And Neck
- Head-to-Toe Aesthetic Treatments – Part 3 : Lower Body
- Hot Vs. Cold
- HotSculpting FAQ Part 1
- HotSculpting FAQ Part 2
- HotSculpting Vs. SculpSure
- How Does Laser Breast Lifting Work?
- How To Contour Your Jawline With Fotona Laser Treatments
- Ideal Laser Breast Lifting Candidates
- IntimaLase - Laser Vaginal Tightening
- Know Your Non-Surgical Body-Contouring Options
- Laser Breast Lifting – FAQ – Part 1
- Laser Breast Lifting – FAQ – Part 2
- Laser Brow Lifting With Fotona
- Laser Neck Lifting With Fotona
- Laser Skin Rejuvenation With FRAC3
- Lip Plumping with Fotona
- Non-Invasive Facial Contouring Options For Upper Face
- Non-Invasive Laser Body Contouring For New Moms
- Non-Surgical Neck Lift With Fotona
- Piano Mode Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Reduce Rosacea With Fotona
- The Power Of Laser Face Lifting With Fotona 4D
- What Is Smooth Mode?
- What You Need to Know About Fractional Laser Resurfacing with Fotona