Hot Vs. Cold
Body-sculpting treatments have the power to “kill” these fat cells without any downtime or invasive procedures
If you know you are doing everything you can to maintain a healthy lifestyle, including having a healthy diet and exercising regularly, it can be particularly frustrating if certain problem areas on your body are not improving. Stubborn areas of fat, most typically occurring around the thighs, abdomen, hips, and lower back, can be treated with innovative treatments that are specific for targeting tenacious fat deposits. A healthy diet and a regular exercise regimen cannot change your body’s natural number of fat deposits.
Fotona 4D laser technology, gently resurfaces, rejuvenates the skin
CoolSculpting is a procedure that uses a hand-held vacuum device to pull the fat under the skin into the “wand” (vacuum device). This procedure targets small areas of the body, where stubborn fat deposits are then frozen. The frozen fat deposits are sometimes called “ice crystals”. Ice crystals are naturally eliminated through the body’s regular processes.
CoolSculpting is not an invasive procedure. This essentially means that there is no use of needles, no breaking of the skin, no anesthetic, or surgery in the CoolSculpting procedure. Because of the small wand-like vacuum, this procedure can be custom-tailored to suit your needs and precisely remove fat to achieve a sculpted look.
People interested in CoolSculpting should know that although it a non-invasive procedure, a lot of pulling and pinching does occur with the CoolSculpting procedure. This is because under the skin the vacuum sucks the fat cells. Sometimes patients with sensitive skin or thicker fat deposits can find Cool Sculpting too painful to perform.
Fotona laser treatments are completely non-invasive, with no downtime
Instead of using cold, or cryolipolysis, to destroy stubborn areas of fat, Hot Sculpting does the opposite. Hot Sculpting uses the process of thermolipolysis. It uses heat from a laser targeted to a specific area in which a sensation of warmth is felt by the patient, but without any pain. Hot Sculpting allows patients to receive more prominent and dramatic results compared to the alternative.
Hot Sculpting is a minimally invasive procedure that does not require any anesthetic or have any downtime. The Hot Sculpting laser is also able to reach a wider area than CoolSculpting. This results in the tightening of the surrounding area to ensure a better look and to prevent sagging after fat has been melted away. For more information on Hot Sculpting and CoolSculpting, contact Dr. Torgerson’s clinic today.
Hot Sculpting Or CoolSculpting?
The two main body sculpting options are called Hot Sculpting and CoolSculpting. As suggested in their names, the options work in opposite ways to achieve the same goal: getting rid of stubborn fat deposits. Hot Sculpting is a type of laser that “melts away” fat cells with heat. The process of destroying fat cells with heat is called thermolipolysis, which is also called the lysing (death) of fat cells.
CoolSculpting is a type of laser that “freezes” away fat cells, ultimately killing the cells via laser technology. The process of destroying fat cells by cooling them is called cryolipolysis.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Best Non-Invasive Anti-Aging Treatment For The Neck
- The Mini-Lift Without Surgery: Review And Cost
- How Many Ultherapy Treatments Do I Need To Get The Best Results?
- Most Popular Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Treatments
- What’s It Like To Get An Ultherapy Treatment?
- What is Ultherapy?
- Top 3 Benefits Of Ultherapy
- What Is Unique About Ultherapy?
- Ultherapy Trends In 2017
- Ultherapy: Is the Procedure Painful?
- Ultherapy Vs. Botox: Which Is Best For Me?
- Am I A Good Candidate For Ultherapy?
- How Long Does Ultherapy Last?
- Is Ultherapy Right For Me?
- Best Non-Surgical Treatment To Lift Skin And Build Collagen
- Best Laser For Skin Rejuvenation
- How Safe Is Ultherapy?
- Can Ultherapy Replace A Face Lift?
- Non-Invasive Facial Contouring Options For The Lower Face
- How Is Ultherapy Different From Laser Treatments?
- A Guide To Ultherapy : Its Benefits And The Treatment Process
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening And Lifting
- Ultherapy Vs. Facelift: What’s The Difference?
- What Body Areas Can Ultherapy Be Applied To?
- Facelift Without A Knife: Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Ultherapy: A New Way To Lift, Tighten, And Tone Skin
- Is Ultherapy Worth It? Reviews And Cost
- Ultherapy Treatment
- What Is A Good Age To Do Ultherapy?
- Set Back Your Aging Clock With Ultherapy
- Top Ultherapy Doctors In Toronto, Canada
- How Safe Is Ultherapy, And What Are The Side Effects?
- How Long Is The Ultherapy Recovery Time?
- Common Questions About Ultherapy
- How Long Will It Take To See The Results Of Ultherapy?
- Non-Surgical Facelift
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.